Travel Answers
Estado de Quintana Roo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Unique82's Profile Photo

Cuncun to Playa del carmen shuttle bus door to door?

Cancún Jul 25, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Hi can anybody tell me if there is a door to door shuttle bus service from cancun to play del Carmen? I know there is a public bus but im looking for a shuttle bus :)

more
    • Condo / Appartment

Playa del Carmen Jul 1, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Hi,
      We are planning our first vacation to Playa del Carmen around December 13th. We are planning a 1 month trip with our 2 sons (12 and 14 years old), we are very excited!

I know that this is the worst possible time of the year to travel, but with school and everything, this is the only time possible for us. As you can imagine, budget is a big issue. We are looking for a condo/appartment is a safe area, idealy gated but not a muste, a kitchen, 2 bedrooms and if possible close to 5th avenue and the beach to avoid taxi and bus travelling. To stick to our budget, we need to stay below 1200$ for a month

Would anyone have suggestions?? Thanks in advance

more
    • jacqulin's Profile Photo

rental car

Playa del Carmen Jul 5, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Is it easy to get a rental car  from the airport Cancun to the resort in playa Del Carmen? Thank you

more
    • whats the best deal, all inclusive or only hotel and dine out?

Cancún Jul 5, 2015 at 3:56 PM

whats the best deal, all inclusive or only hotel and dine out?

more
    • Bus from cancun to Guatemala

Cancún Jul 22, 2015 at 11:40 PM

hello!
      Myself and friends are heading over to the states in a few days and have just found out on arrival we need an exiting pass, we allready had one booked but that was from LA to La Paz, Mexico.. Now i have just been informed that the ticket from LA to MEX does not prove you are leaving... We will be leaving USA within the 90 days but were looking to catch a bus through mexico and down to central america.. so i guess the question is how can i go about booking a flight or bus out of mexico into central america in advance so the customs security let us enter the country. Also if anyone knows any cheap bus companys that can accomodate for this?

more
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

Cuncun to Playa del carmen shuttle bus door to door?

Cancún Jul 25, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Hi can anybody tell me if there is a door to door shuttle bus service from cancun to play del Carmen? I know there is a public bus but im looking for a shuttle bus :)

3 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 11:07 AM
    • Bus from cancun to Guatemala

Cancún Jul 22, 2015 at 11:40 PM

hello!
      Myself and friends are heading over to the states in a few days and have just found out on arrival we need an exiting pass, we allready had one booked but that was from LA to La Paz, Mexico.. Now i have just been informed that the ticket from LA to MEX does not prove you are leaving... We will be leaving USA within the 90 days but were looking to catch a bus through mexico and down to central america.. so i guess the question is how can i go about booking a flight or bus out of mexico into central america in advance so the customs security let us enter the country. Also if anyone knows any cheap bus companys that can accomodate for this?

13 Answers Jul 24, 2015 at 2:41 PM
    • jacqulin's Profile Photo

rental car

Playa del Carmen Jul 5, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Is it easy to get a rental car  from the airport Cancun to the resort in playa Del Carmen? Thank you

6 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 3:34 PM
    • whats the best deal, all inclusive or only hotel and dine out?

Cancún Jul 5, 2015 at 3:56 PM

whats the best deal, all inclusive or only hotel and dine out?

8 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 5:17 AM
    • Condo / Appartment

Playa del Carmen Jul 1, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Hi,
      We are planning our first vacation to Playa del Carmen around December 13th. We are planning a 1 month trip with our 2 sons (12 and 14 years old), we are very excited!

I know that this is the worst possible time of the year to travel, but with school and everything, this is the only time possible for us. As you can imagine, budget is a big issue. We are looking for a condo/appartment is a safe area, idealy gated but not a muste, a kitchen, 2 bedrooms and if possible close to 5th avenue and the beach to avoid taxi and bus travelling. To stick to our budget, we need to stay below 1200$ for a month

Would anyone have suggestions?? Thanks in advance

4 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 10:39 PM
    • apartment for rent in PDC

Playa del Carmen Jun 25, 2015 at 6:35 PM

we are planning to visit PDC in Dec19 till Jan. 8 Anyone can advice a reliable source to rent a studio with kitchenette or 1 bdrm apt? Our budget is around $50 per night. Thank you!

8 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 10:40 PM
    • What is the weather like in Cancun Mexico in late January?

Cancún Jun 22, 2015 at 2:48 PM

I have a trip booked for Jan 23-30 2016, first time going and have not idea what to pack! Is it warm enough to go to the beach in the water? I sure hope so!! Is it cold at night? Temps day and night?? Should I bring sweaters, pants or is it warm enough to bring shorts and tank shirts?

3 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 4:09 PM
    • Best Food Locations

Cancún Jun 18, 2015 at 7:30 AM

Where are the best authentic tacos?

1 Answer Jun 19, 2015 at 1:15 PM
    • Worth traveling if rain is expected?

Cancún Jun 8, 2015 at 8:07 AM

We are scheduled to leave for Cancun on Wednesday, but the weather focast is calling for 60-90% rain each day. We have the travel insurance so are considering cancelling. Does anyone know how extensive the rain is in Cancun and if we should keep our travel plans?

12 Answers Jun 9, 2015 at 4:46 PM
    • angelaj44's Profile Photo

Spending a day in Tulum ...

Tulum Jun 6, 2015 at 7:41 PM

I am staying in Akumal and plan on taking a taxi to Tulum Ruins early one morning..... Any advice on how to proceed from there? ie: getting around Tulum, Beach Road, cool local place for coffee, lunch
      Thank you.... This is my first trip to Mexico :)

3 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 9:19 AM
    • angelaj44's Profile Photo

Help! I need advice regarding Cenotes

Riviera Maya Jun 6, 2015 at 11:35 AM

My First trip to Mexico next week!!! Yayyyyy but I still cannot decide which cenote to visit. Please help. I don't scuba dive, and prefer open, not in cave. I also do NOT want a tourist trap so o speak. Thanx!

4 Answers Jun 6, 2015 at 3:50 PM
    • TerriS18's Profile Photo

Rainy season

Cancún Jun 1, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Is August a rainy month in Cancun?

3 Answers Jun 5, 2015 at 11:09 AM
    • Accident in Mexico

Playa del Carmen May 28, 2015 at 11:22 AM

Has a one ever pursued a personal injury case for an accident that happened at an all inclusive resort in Mexico?

4 Answers May 30, 2015 at 8:59 AM
    • Hotels and family oriented.

Playa del Carmen May 22, 2015 at 7:37 PM

I am trying to help a family of 5 plan a trip for the month of July. Would like an all inclusive stay and it needs to have enough to entertain the kids also. Thanks.

1 Answer May 23, 2015 at 3:03 AM
    • Which all inclusive to stay at?

Playa del Carmen May 21, 2015 at 12:52 PM

Help, I have been researching all inclusive resorts all day in Playa Del Carmen and I am still not sure where to stay. My husband and I are going in October. We want to be around other people and have fun, but want alone time too. We would like to stay where it is tropical and has a Caribbean flavor. We are on a budget but could probably splurge some to stay in a nice resort. We are in our early 50's so were not really into kids. We would like to go into town and if its within walking distance that would be nice, but not a requirement. My husband likes to dive and I like to snorkel. Any suggestions?

11 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 9:46 AM
    • How to get from airport to hotel in a middle of the night?

Cancún May 15, 2015 at 3:26 PM

How to get from airport to hotel in a middle of the night? I addressed this question to Imperial Las Perlas hotel where we will be staying. They do not respond. It was mention they have transportation to and from airport. We will arrive about 2am. Any suggestion what to use for transportation and how much it cost??

5 Answers May 20, 2015 at 1:45 AM
    • Parking for car rentals?

Cancún May 12, 2015 at 10:45 AM

How easy is it to park your rental?If we go to the malls, downtown, hotel zone, Xel-ha, Xplor, Tulum, Coba, Playa de Carmen, is there available easy parking? We are still trying to decide on a rental or public transportation.

3 Answers May 12, 2015 at 9:30 PM
    • Villa Morena

Akumal May 5, 2015 at 10:00 AM

Please help! Looking to book at B&B Villa Morena and was wondering if anyone heard of this place-it has wonderful reviews....going with my husband and my 19 year old daughter and 16 year old son....looks about 20 mins to Mayan Ruins in Tulum.....any thoughts would greatly be appreciated

Thx, Rina from Phila

6 Answers May 6, 2015 at 6:30 AM
    • Travelling by bus

Cancún May 4, 2015 at 1:16 PM

Hi All,
      My wife and I will be spending 5 days in Cancun and then on to Costa rica for our journey back home to Australia.
      Is it possible to get buses all the way,we want to explore Belize, Honduras Nicaragua before getting to Costa rica we have 28 days for this trip is it doable ?, or are the roads that bad that it could take days to get to city to city,
      Is it a safe way to travel and any idea of approximate cost for fares, we will be in the area in September.

Thanks

8 Answers May 8, 2015 at 1:24 PM
    • Susanelambert's Profile Photo

Immigration process for taking my grandchildren to Cancun resort

Cancún May 4, 2015 at 8:50 AM

There appears to be a lot of paperwork and documents needed now to travel with children without their parents. Conflicting information from embassy and online. Has anyone recently been through Cancun airport with their grandchildren? Can you describe the requirements coming in and departing Mexico? INM Spanish documents??

3 Answers May 4, 2015 at 12:29 PM
    • Coco Bongo Skirtblowing

Cancún Apr 14, 2015 at 10:45 AM

My wife is somewhat modest, but very outgoing and takes pranks very well. We will be in Cancun next week. I would like to know if they still have the air blasts on the bar at Coco Bongos and how I could get her selected to dance on the bar before she has a chance to see what it is all about?--David

3 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 3:22 PM
    • Cancun In July

Cancún Apr 6, 2015 at 10:04 PM

A group of friends are thinking of going to Cancun around July 10th for our graduation trip. We're all 18.

How's the nightlife at this time of year? We're looking for intense partying, spring break style :)

Obviously it won't be as packed and crazy as spring break, but will there still be a lot of college kids partying at this time of year?

4 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 10:24 PM
    • bobsnicholson's Profile Photo

Good hotel

Cancún Mar 17, 2015 at 8:48 AM

We are planning our first trip to Cancun (with a 4 day hop over to Havana) in November.
      We are in our mid 60s so don't want/need late night night club's, however we do like a drink and some entertainment within walking of our hotel.
      Would be grateful for advice/recommendation's on a decent hotel/s that might fit the above.
      Not concerned if all inclusive or not.
      Ta

4 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 8:01 PM
    • car rental

Cancún Mar 15, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Any suggestions on car rental in Cancun? I've heard good things and horror stories about different agencies with some people saying an agency is good and another saying the same agency is a terrible rip-off. What experiences have you had?

3 Answers Mar 20, 2015 at 7:16 PM
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Things to do in Cancun with a Toddler

Cancún Mar 10, 2015 at 1:49 PM

I saw a previous posting about "excursions with a baby" but I am hoping Cancun experts will be able to weigh in on some activities we are considering with our toddler. We are going to Cancun for 5 days (before heading to Tulum for a wedding). Some things we have thought about doing with our son who will be 20 months are:

- Isla Mujeres Day Trip, Underwater Museum and Tortugranja
      - Garrafon Natural Reef Park
      - Xcaret
      - Hummer Jungle Tour
      - Marine Turtle Observation
      - Aktun Chen, Akumal
      - Wet n Wild
      - Cancun Interactive Museum
      - Crococun Zoo

I am wondering if any of these are "tourist traps" worth avoiding, and if something is a must. We plan to do one activity a day as our child is very active and likes to be outdoors doing something.

Thanks for any insight.

Kimberly

3 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 4:53 PM
    • Going to different hotels

Cancún Mar 10, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Can you visit other people in other hotels

4 Answers Mar 22, 2015 at 10:49 AM
    • gmaxcy's Profile Photo

Buying a house in Isla Mujeres

Isla Mujeres Mar 9, 2015 at 6:41 AM

Hello,
      Has anyone bought a house in Isla Mujeres? Can I get some advise from you?
      I already found a house I just don't know how to go about buying it and who to trust.
      Thanks, Gaby

• Dengue Fever

Puerto Morelos Mar 7, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Hi,

My wife an I are supposed to go to Puerto Morelos on Monday, but on Friday our doctor advised against it due to a dengue fever epidemic there. Is this true? Would you cancel your trip? She is 20 weeks pregnant and this was supposed to be a holiday and finally our honeymoon before the baby arrives. Others have said there is no risk. What do you think?

8 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 6:59 PM
    • Private Excursions vs. Group Excursions to the Mayan Ruins

Cancún Mar 6, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Hi, I am going to Cancun soon and I was wondering what kind of tour company to use and looking for some suggestions of trustworthy tours to the Mayan Ruins (Tulum, Coba or Chichen Itza). I see that there are small private minibus tours for what looks to be a similar price as the big group bus tours. I would prefer that way because of the flexibility. My husband and I have been to Cancun 2 times before but our kids haven't and we want them to have a more authentic experience. I speak fluent Spanish if that helps. BTW, I don't want to deal with renting a car.

4 Answers May 10, 2015 at 5:41 PM
    • Akumal versus Tulum

Akumal Feb 25, 2015 at 2:45 PM

My gf and I are travelling to Mexico and it looks like Akumal is an expensive place to stay so we're considering getting accommodation in Tulum instead. Is this a good idea? Is Tulum a nice enough town?

3 Answers Mar 29, 2015 at 8:17 AM