Estado de Nuevo León

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Affordable nail salons in Cabo

Cabo San Lucas Apr 19, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Can you suggest affordable nail salons in Cabo San Lucas?

more
    • jet ski or wave runnerpulling a raft

Cancún Apr 16, 2014 at 6:14 PM

We are staying at RIU Palace Peninsula. We saw a jet ski/wave runner pulling an inflatable raft with several people inside. Is there a company in Cancun offering this? How do I find out more information?

more
    • Geli Dolls /Munecas Geli

Mexico City Apr 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I currently live in NY, but was looking for someone who is traveling to Mexico City.

My sister in law bought me a beautiful doll last year when she was on vacation (they are called Munecas Geli) and they only sell them in Mexico City. They are 100% vinyl and have long realistic eyelashes. From what i have researched online, they are sold in the stores Sanborn & Liverpool (I'm not sure if she got them there as well). Anyways, my niece's birthday is coming up, and I would love to get her a Geli doll. The problem I am having is that shipping takes too long from Mexico (about a month). I was wondering if anyone out there is willing to help me by bringing one back to the US (I'll pay for shipping from your state to mine). Does anyone have a clue about these dolls? Or is anyone out there who is traveling now or soon willing to help me? Please email me at viviana.tello@aol.com
      Thanks!

more
    • Travel from McAllen, TX to Mexico City

Mexico Apr 14, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Planning summer travel to Mexico City from McAllen via Monterrey-Saltillo-Matehuala-San Luis Potosi-Querétero, etc., I've driven McAllen-Monterrey plenty, but haven't Monterrey-Querétaro, in a few years. Any info on those who have would be greatly appreciated. General "safety" (I'm not one of those super "paranoid" to travel to Mexico, just take my precautions as I do when I travel anywhere), road quality, clean rest/gas stops, etc. Many thanks!

more
    • things to do with kids

Playa del Carmen Apr 11, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Are there any special events happening in June 2014

more
    • Woonelly's Profile Photo

Which is better???

Cabo San Lucas Apr 9, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Me and 3 of my girlfriends are wanting to go away for my 35 birthday in July . I always wanted to go to Cabo but I have been hearing there is a really young crowd. We are looking to relax but also have fun at night with mature crowds around us. Where should we go and which all inclusive hotels do you suggest ????

more
    • Woonelly's Profile Photo

Which is better???

Cabo San Lucas Apr 9, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Me and 3 of my girlfriends are wanting to go away for my 35 birthday in July . I always wanted to go to Cabo but I have been hearing there is a really young crowd. We are looking to relax but also have fun at night with mature crowds around us. Where should we go and which all inclusive hotels do you suggest ????

more
    • Liv4thebeach's Profile Photo

Cheap place to stay on South end of beach

Tulum Apr 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Does anyone know of good place to stay on South end of beach close to Sian Ka'an reserve? We stayed at Rancho San Eric last year and loved it but it is $210/nt. we really just need privacy and a place to sleep. Pretty easy going. Thought about staying with "naked beach guy" on the reserve but I think that's a little much for me.
      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
      Thanks!

more
    • Yucatan, Mexico - Yoga Retreat - looking for travel friends

Estado de México Apr 2, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Hi,

I'm 25 years old, spanish (sorry for my english!!) and last year I was to a yoga retreat in Sayulita, México and was wonderfull! The location was very special and give me fantastic nature esperience and I knew a lot of people from any nations and culture.

Here you can find photos of the retreat and the magic place ommretreats.com/magic-mexico...

This year I want repeat my experience with the same mexico yoga retreat, but in Yucatan: ommretreats.com/trips/sanmig...
      Any one want to come with me? Any spanish/european friend to make together the yoga trip?

Thanks a lot for your attention!

more
    • Drinking and eating safely in Guanajuato

Guanajuato 18 hours ago

I am travelling to Gto in June. Keep hearing "don't drink the water" and "eat nothing that is not cooked." True?
      Kind of have a delicate :-) stomach and don't want to be sick for the week that I am there.
      Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

more
    • jet ski or wave runnerpulling a raft

Cancún Apr 16, 2014 at 7:08 PM

We are staying at RIU Palace Peninsula. We saw a jet ski/wave runner pulling an inflatable raft with several people inside. Is there a company in Cancun offering this? How do I find out more information?

more
    • information

Oaxaca de Juárez Apr 9, 2014 at 3:46 PM

are there a lot of american stores in oaxaca?

more
    • Travel Between Hotels

Puerto Morelos Apr 9, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Hi, I am going to Puerto Morelos in a few weeks for a wedding and wondering if there is a bus that goes between the hotels? I am staying at the Ocean Coral and Turquesa and need to get to the Azul Sensori.

Thanks!

more
    • driving from houston to nuevo laredo

Nuevo Laredo Apr 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM

i just need to see a family member that will be waiting for me on the other side. i have a passport but i do not have a permit for my car. what can i do? And also i need to take with me 3 large bags. can i pass to the other side with them?
      i need help asap pls!

more
    • from GDL to Uruapan

Guadalajara Apr 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM

how much is the bus ticket from GDL to Uruapan Michuacan? How many hours is it?

more
    • Gift Certificate

Cancún Apr 3, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Do you know where I can buy a dinner certificate in Cancun for a good restaurant...? My friends is getting married in Cancun and I want to send  them a nice gift :)

more
    • Tips and must do in Ensenada in 2 days?

Ensenada Apr 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM

19 year old college daughter and I are going to Ensenada for 2 days tomorrow -- we are both outdoorsy, nature lovers, also both speak Spanish and love culture and meeting people. Not big shoppers. At home staying at a really inexpensive hotel or a nice resort. We are renting a car in San Diego and driving down. Already have hotel reservations. Thanks!!

more
    • PeterParkerS's Profile Photo

Chapultepec Castle Visit , Mexico City

Mexico City Mar 27, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I am new to mexico . I want to visit chapultepec Castle and Park on 29 March Saturday. Can anyone join me please .

more
    • House in Zihua

Zihuatanejo Mar 26, 2014 at 7:02 AM

I need a place to stay for about 3 months that has 3 bedrooms and a pool and allows a dog. Is there anything affordable out there?

more
    • Questions for current SMA expats/locals

San Miguel de Allende Mar 26, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Coming in for three days (May 22-25) from Guadalajara. From Atlanta, GA and will be spending a few weeks traveling around Mexico. Wondering what the "musts" are for my short trip to SMA. I love off the beaten path kinda stuff but don't wanna get outside SMA. Best weekend markets, street food vendors, bars and restaurants and local activities would be appreciated. If there is anything special going on for these dates, I would also love to know about them! Thanks and I look forward to hearing from everyone!

more
    • Pesos how much to bring for a weeks stay?

Puerto Vallarta Apr 11, 2014 at 9:53 PM

How much money to bring for a weeks stay in PV

more
    • maryabbey@att.net

Progreso Apr 5, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Does Progreso take American dollars?
      What beach can I find seashells?

more
    • fishing in playa Del Carmen

Playa del Carmen Mar 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM

If staying at campground at xel-ha are you able
      To put your boat in the water easy. Can you easily
      Drive on sand with truck??

more
    • PeterParkerS's Profile Photo

An Indian boy wants to enjoy the rich heritage and beauty of mexico city. Please guide.

Mexico City Mar 26, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Hi I am from India and I am new to Mexico City. I want to enjoy the beauty and rich heritage of mexico so that I can take beautiful memories back home, Friends please help me in planning my tour. I will stay 1 month in mexico, Thanks in advance.

more
    • Walking into Tijuana

Tijuana Mar 25, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I've been across many times, but the last time, the new pedestrian route was a difficult walk for me. Are there now any reasonable alternatives ? Mexicoach used to run a cross border bus, but they were very unreliable. I think there must be some other way - I'm not the only one who would have difficulty with the new pedestrian crossing.

more

Popular Estado de Nuevo León Travel Answer Locations

• Give it a glance

Monterrey May 23, 2008 at 9:17 AM

I come from Greece and it's my first visit to Mexico. My plane lands in Monterrey and I have no idea how to get to Chihuahua, where I'm supposed to live in for a month. If you know any information concerning this matter please contact me!

7 Answers May 24, 2008 at 10:35 AM
    • Lauren5020's Profile Photo

Bus - Monterrey to Zacatecas

Monterrey Mar 3, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Hi!
      Looking for a bus from Monterrey to Zacatecas.
      Could anyone tell me websites for companies so I can check the schedules?
      I am looking for a Friday night bus.
      Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 4, 2008 at 3:18 PM
    • QUESTION

Monterrey Feb 3, 2008 at 6:21 PM

ARE YOURS SHOWS IN SPANISH ONLY OR IN ENGLISH ALSO????

1 Answer Feb 4, 2008 at 6:30 AM
    • guadmilda's Profile Photo

Apartments for Rent??

Monterrey Nov 27, 2007 at 2:53 PM

Hola!

I will be studying at Egade from Jan 19th - March 7th and am in search of safe, quiet, cheap housing near the school for my boyfriend and I. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to find such a place? My Spanish is poor, so I would need to negotiate with someone in English. Gracias!

-Eri

1 Answer Nov 27, 2007 at 4:29 PM
    • estudiante44's Profile Photo

bus from laredo to monterrey

Monterrey Nov 3, 2007 at 10:54 AM

is anyone familiar with taking a bus from laredo to monterrey? is it better to take one from laredo or nuevo laredo? is getting tickets, etc. pretty simple for someone doing it for this first time? any info would be really appreciated, thanks!

2 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    • estudiante44's Profile Photo

studying abroad - lots of questions

Monterrey Oct 19, 2007 at 8:38 AM

I'm getting ready to study in Monterrey for a semester, and have a few questions. First, I've read about a lot of shootings and violence w/ drug cartels in the city this year - are there major safety issues I should be concerned about?

Also, I'm trying to decide whether to fly down to Monterrey or have my parents drop me off (they are from south of San Antonio). I think they would prefer to drop me off to make sure everything is okay, but I don't want to worry them more or have them encounter any trouble either.

I'm living with a host family - is there anything big I should know off hand about what might be considered rude/polite while living with them?

Also, what is the best and cheapest way to make phone calls to the U.S. while in Monterrey?

And, if a friend were to drive down to visit (travelling alone) would it be better for them to drive or fly?

I am the only person from my school going so I'm having a hard time getting answers from experienced sources. Any advice would be really appreciated!! Thank you so much!

10 Answers Nov 5, 2007 at 9:05 PM
    • Upcoming Trip and Lots of Questions...PLEASE HELP!

Monterrey Oct 10, 2007 at 10:51 AM

In a few weeks my husband will be arriving in Laredo by plane, crossing the border and then taking a bus to Monterrey, where he will spend the night and then go to Mexico City via plane. I have a couple questions and would greatly appreciate any help you can provide:

1. Where is the bus station just on the other side of the border from Laredo? Can he cross the border and then take a taxi to the bus station?
      2. What bus lines are recommended, what is the cost and how long does it take to get to Monterrey?
      3. How far is the airport from the Monterrey bus station? Will he have any trouble getting a taxi late at night to a hotel near the airport?
      4. Any recommendations on hotels near the airport...clean but inexpensive? Do most hotels near by have shuttles to the airport?
      5. Lastly, how early before his flight should he arrive at the airport? He is an American traveling from Monterrey to Mexico City and then Cancun via AeroMexico. Will it take long to get through security?

I know these are a lot of questions, but your answers will really help us plan accordingly. Thanks so much!

3 Answers Oct 12, 2007 at 10:01 AM
    • dtownkitty's Profile Photo

Monterrey, Saltillo, Ramos

Monterrey Oct 3, 2007 at 10:08 AM

What should I do in Saltillo? Is there anything to see in Ramos? How are the cabs? I will be there in the end of October or early November.

Thanks,

Jennifer

2 Answers Oct 14, 2007 at 5:26 PM
    • Charter Buses

Monterrey Oct 2, 2007 at 3:56 PM

Does anyone know of any buses that can be chartered for group tours in and around Monterrey ?

2 Answers Oct 3, 2007 at 10:40 AM
    • Language Barriers

Monterrey Jun 2, 2007 at 9:46 PM

While I am currently studying Spanish at college, I do not know enough for communication purposes. Will this be a huge problem when I visit Monterrey next week? Normally, my friend goes with me and translates, but this time, he is not available.

1 Answer Jun 3, 2007 at 11:10 AM
    • Drive time

Monterrey May 31, 2007 at 3:28 PM

Can anyone tell how long it takes to get to Monterrey from McAllen Texas? Thank you very much!

9 Answers Jan 19, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    • Moving to Monterrey

Monterrey May 28, 2007 at 8:57 PM

My husband was offered a promotion and asked to relocate to Monterrey. I'm not sure I want to do this because I'm a little concerned about the crime and violence I heard about in Monterrey. Is it safe? What do I really need to know. I would really appreciate any feedback.

Thank you very much.

Cary

8 Answers Oct 2, 2007 at 4:04 PM
    • Getting to Santiago and Cola de Caballo by bus

Monterrey May 16, 2007 at 10:47 AM

Do buses to Villa de Santiago leave from the Central in Monterrey?

1 Answer May 24, 2007 at 7:52 PM
    • Busses or taxis to Grutas de Garcia

Monterrey Feb 26, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Hello, I was wondering if you remember which bus you caught that dropped you off at the cave base camp? or did you take a taxi? Is it difficult to find a taxi or bus to travel in that direction and drop you where you want to be? Thanks for your time and memories...:)

1 Answer Feb 27, 2007 at 10:38 AM
    • Lauren5020's Profile Photo

Moving to Monterrey...

Monterrey Jan 29, 2007 at 5:21 PM

My boyfriend and I are a Canadian couple looking into moving to Monterrey for work later this year and I have a few questions!
      Is it a very expensive place to live? I am not concerned about rent, but what about cost of living (food, entertainment, etc)?
      I have a dog I am planning to bring...are there vets available?
      I know it's a fairly large city, is it safe?
      How far to the coast? Would I need a car or could we get around the city using the bus system?

Thank you very much!

4 Answers May 28, 2007 at 5:43 PM
    • Bus/Train

Monterrey Jan 1, 2007 at 7:21 PM

Is there a bus or train that i can take from mexico city to monterrey? Can i reserve in advance and how much are the tickets?

3 Answers Jan 18, 2007 at 9:49 AM
    • train or bus to monterrey from texas

Monterrey Nov 15, 2006 at 1:16 PM

is there a train or a bus that I can take from laredo or brownsville into monterrey? I'd also like to go from monterrey to hidalgo.

thanks

3 Answers Nov 18, 2006 at 10:40 AM
    • jm34bee's Profile Photo

Hostel Siuation

Monterrey Nov 4, 2006 at 12:15 PM

I am going to Monterrey in 2 weeks and I am trying to figure out where to stay. I think we want to stay in a Hostel and we want to be close to the nightlife so I would appreciate any advise...

Listed below are some of the Hostels we have found:

La Casa del Barrio
      Diego de Montemayor 1221

Residencias Soyforaneo
      Calzada Madero #431

Monterroco Hostel
      Ave. San Francisco 205

Portua Residencias
      Ramon Lopez Velarde 321

Any advise on quality and or location is appreciated!!!

1 Answer Jul 24, 2009 at 5:02 PM
    • Driving from Texas to Monterrey... How to get there

Monterrey Oct 23, 2006 at 7:20 PM

I'm from Monterrey but living in USA from more than 10 years after cross the border in Laredo Tx. What I have to do in order to get the road to Monterrey. I am driving do I need request something for my car? Oh my husband is US citizen he need to go to migration or just with passport is fine. Thanks

2 Answers Oct 24, 2006 at 10:58 AM
    • help

Estado de Nuevo León Oct 23, 2006 at 1:41 PM

can anyone help me with times a bus,and planes will depart from Monterrey, Nuevo León and go to mexcio city if you know send it to acemastergraylin@yahoo.com please help me out her

2 Answers Oct 24, 2006 at 9:06 AM
    • yoji6365's Profile Photo

Thai Restaurant in Monterrey?

Monterrey Sep 24, 2006 at 2:50 PM

Does anyone know a Thai Restaurant around here?
      Hopefully some place with semi-authentic Thai food.

Thanks

1 Answer Sep 27, 2006 at 6:32 PM
    • bus to Tampico

Monterrey Jul 14, 2006 at 11:54 AM

What bus line do I take from Monterrey (I'll be flying in) to Ciudad Mante (it's on the way to Tampico?). And can I get it at the airport, or do I go to a terminal? Thanks for the help!

3 Answers Aug 12, 2006 at 2:59 PM
    • Crossing through Nuevo Laredo

Estado de Nuevo León May 29, 2006 at 12:05 PM

Hello,
      Can anyone give me an honest perspective on the danger level in Nuevo Laredo for people who are just crossing through and don't stop? We are moving to Monterrey this summer and the easiest and most direct route would be through Nuevo Laredo but it gets such terrible news coverage here in the states. Once in Monterrey, we would like to make an occasional trip back to the U.S. and Nuevo Laredo is obviously the shortest route. We have a friend who lives in Monterrey who was robbed at gunpoint last year while sitting in her car waiting to cross to the U.S. I wonder if this is a common occurrence.
      Thanks so much

1 Answer May 30, 2006 at 2:03 PM
    • Crossing through Nuevo Laredo

Estado de Nuevo León May 29, 2006 at 10:31 AM

Hello,
      Can anyone give me an honest perspective on the danger level in Nuevo Laredo for people who are just crossing through and don't stop? We are moving to Monterrey this summer and the easiest and most direct route would be through Nuevo Laredo but it gets such terrible news coverage here in the states. Once in Monterrey, we would like to make an occasional trip back to the U.S. and Nuevo Laredo is obviously the shortest route. We have a friend who lives in Monterrey who was robbed at gunpoint last year while sitting in her car waiting to cross to the U.S. I wonder if this is a common occurrence.
      Thanks so much

2 Answers May 29, 2006 at 7:22 PM
    • bigadam's Profile Photo

how far??? monterrey to tampico

Monterrey Mar 11, 2006 at 6:20 PM

how far of a drive is it from monterrey to tampico? ive done some research on tampico, but is there anything i should know before going there over the weekend with my girl? we will have a car while there so we are not limited to walking...

1 Answer Apr 17, 2006 at 9:33 AM
    • Monterrey bus to Hidalgo (Mina?) schedule

Monterrey Mar 2, 2006 at 10:41 PM

Hello,
      I'm planning a trip that will go through Monterrey to Hidalgo/El Potrero Chico to join some friends for climbing the week of March 18th. I'm looking at either flying into a Texas city like Laredo or San Antonio (from ORD/CMI) and taking a bus to Monterrey, MX, or just flying directly to Monterrey. Either way, I need to catch - so I am told - a bus called "Mina" to Hidalgo (directo prefered). I can not find any info online about the schedule of this Mina bus to Hidalgo. Some travel options get me to Monterrey at off-hours, like 9pm, 11:30pm, 4am, etc, and I would like to schedule the trip so I don't end up wasting a day waiting for a bus or such. If anyone has any day & time info on the Mina bus to Hidalgo, or knows where I can get it, please let me know.

Thanks,
      Greg Huey

1 Answer Mar 3, 2006 at 11:42 AM

how to get from monterrey to the coast?

Monterrey Feb 23, 2006 at 11:19 PM

what would be the cheapest way to get from monterrey to the coast/beach? i most likely will not have a car, is there a bus or train or something that we could make a day or weekend of it? its about 3 hours away isnt it? if i had a car, how much would gas cost me? and do you think i would get harrassed at all by cops because i am american? thanks, i realize this was a lot of questions...

3 Answers Feb 28, 2006 at 3:22 PM
    • Recommend a resort??

Monterrey Feb 5, 2006 at 5:37 PM

My husband and I are middle age yet enjoy an active and very busy lifestyle. We are looking for a beachfront, all inclusive resort on Mexico's west coast (away from the summer threat of hurricanes!) that seems to be popular with North American tourists. I'm sorry if this sounds prejudiced, but we have been to so many popularly named resort-chains that attract couples and families from Europe, and unfortunately, the European guests are loud, rude, and generally in everyone's face. Breezes in Curacao was exactly the kind of place we enjoyed - guests were from the States and Canada. So, if anyone can offer ideas of AI resorts, we'd sure like to hear them. Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 14, 2006 at 1:44 PM

hotels in monterrey...near Tec

Monterrey Jan 24, 2006 at 8:16 PM

hey, what are some nicer hotels in monterrey, preferably near Tec de monterrey...some things i am looking for are:

-safety for my stuff (not getting stolen by maids ect...)
      -somewhat close to tec, walking distance or short taxi ride(10-15min. away maybe)
      -somewhat romantic (nice view/jacuzzi/special shower ect...)
      -reasonably priced (for 2 nights probably)

thanks for the help

2 Answers Jan 25, 2006 at 11:47 AM
    • Transportation to Real de Catorce

Monterrey Jan 18, 2006 at 8:28 AM

Hi fellow travellers. i am planning a flight to monterrey to enjoy some wild mexico scenery in real de catorce and was curious as to the frequency of bus travel to real de catorce and then onwards to mexico city airport. it is the final week of my trip and i am yearning a little mountain adventure so any info regarding the ease of travel to and onwards will be greatly appreciated....bus times, cost, etc?

many thanks in advance and maybe even tell me a short tale or two of the area if you have the time. would be inspiration enjoyed....look fwd to your responses.

kevin

1 Answer Jan 25, 2006 at 11:51 AM