Estado de Minas Gerais

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• airport sao Joao del rei

São João del Rei Jul 11, 2014 at 7:09 AM

I can't find any flight from Rio or B.H. to Sao Joao del Rei with Azul airlines. Someone knows something about it?
      Paolo (Italy)

5 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 8:13 AM
    • information about Vegetarian Food

Uberlândia Jul 6, 2014 at 2:40 AM

Hello Guys,
      I am from India and coming in the next month to Uberlandia. I am pure vegetarian and don't eat any type of meats and egg so is there any option for me to survive in Uberlandia.

2 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    • Travel by PT to games

Belo Horizonte Jun 27, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Is there any organised way to get to FIFA games in Belo by public transport? In Recife you could get a special ticket taking you to the ground and back by train and then bus

• Taxi from stadium to Confins airport

Belo Horizonte Jun 17, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Are there lots of taxis at the stadium after the game? I need to get a taxi from the game to Confins airport?

2 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 2:14 AM
    • inthesunshine's Profile Photo

Accommodation required for 2 in Belo Horizonte - 20/06 - 26/06

Belo Horizonte Feb 15, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Hi there,
      We arrive in Belo on 20th June and are looking for accommodation (centrally located if possible). If anyone can assist, please inbox me to swap details and make arrangements. If you also have transport that would be a bonus. Appreciate any help.
      Regards
      ITS

1 Answer Oct 16, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • World Cup June

Belo Horizonte Feb 8, 2014 at 4:06 AM

Hi there, I will arrive with a party of seven in Belo Horizonte at 00.00 hrs and will need to get to a place in Carlos Prates. Can anyone advise the best option at that time, whether it will be taxi,bus or mini bus and how much?

Thanks Acer

• World Cup June

Belo Horizonte Feb 8, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Hi there, I will arrive with a party of seven in Belo Horizonte at 00.00 hrs and will need to get to a place in Carlos Prates. Can anyone advise the best option at that time, whether it will be taxi,bus or mini bus and how much?

Thanks Acer

• inthesunshine's Profile Photo

Savassi / Functionarios areas nightlife/apartments - June 14

Belo Horizonte Dec 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Hi there,

I'm travelling to Belo Horizonte for the World Cup in June and looking for an apartment to rent for 5 or 6 nights. Could anyone else give me any pointers and maybe some cross sections of roads to enable me to narrow down my search in the Savassi & Functionarios areas. I believe these are safer areas and also they are full of bars, restaurants, night clubs, etc.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
      ITS

• Money for 5 days in Brazil

Belo Horizonte Nov 11, 2013 at 6:00 PM

do i need to speak Portugese to get around town?
      How much money should I bring (or need) for 5 days?

1 Answer Nov 12, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • Naramata's Profile Photo

Renting a car and driving

Ouro Prêto Sep 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Is it feasible and/or safe for three of us to rent a car at CNF and drive ourselves to Ouro Preto? Our flight would arrive at about 3:30PM, on a Saturday, early February. Departure is three days later at 11:35AM.

12 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • Itinerary 9 days in Brazil

Belo Horizonte Aug 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM

9 days for Brazil, would you help with an itinerary that includes Sao Paulo (son works there), Rio de Janeiro and possibly Belo Horizonte? Paraty, Ilha Bela, Ouro Prieto?
      Could you mention some day trips from Belo Horizonte?

4 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    • Naramata's Profile Photo

Ouro Preto

Belo Horizonte May 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM

How to get from Belo Horizonte to Ouro Preto?

2 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    • Vicosa, Minas Gerais

Estado de Minas Gerais Oct 31, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Hello,

i'm an italian guy, i'm 22 and i have the opportunuty to go at Vicosa, state of Minas Gerais, for studying for 6 months at the universidade federal of vicosa.

I don't know so much about Vicosa, can someone tell me something about that city?
      And how is to live there, what do you think and all what you think could be useful to me to know...

thank you very much, Matteo

1 Answer Nov 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    • Portuguese Language School or Teacher in SJ ?

São João del Rei Jul 28, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Hi!,
      I am looking for a good portuguese in Sao Joao del Rei. Any leads?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 10, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    • Any colonial cities open on Mondays

Estado de Minas Gerais Oct 13, 2010 at 5:22 PM

I see that the tourist attractions in MG's colonial cities are frequently closed on Mondays. Is that the case with all of these (my tentative itinerary)
      Diamantina, Ouro Preto, Tiradentes, Sao Joao del Rei

If they're closed on Monday, are they also closed on Sunday?

Perhaps I'd do better to stay in Belo Horizante on Monday?

Thanks for any tips

3 Answers Oct 20, 2010 at 4:34 AM
    • ant1606's Profile Photo

Anybody up for a drink and some chat?

Belo Horizonte Aug 18, 2010 at 6:23 PM

I'll be in Belo Horizonte for a week, Aug 20 through Aug 27.
      I still have to check my agenda while there, but it would be nice to meet local VTers for a drink and some chat if possible.
      Should anybody be available, just let me know. Thanks! ;)

4 Answers Aug 28, 2010 at 3:27 PM
    • TA7DS's Profile Photo

place to stay

Belo Horizonte Mar 2, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Looking for a recommendation on a hacienda style guest house or a small family run hotel...

Thanks

1 Answer Mar 2, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    • czg's Profile Photo

suggestions from the Coast to Minas Gerais

Estado de Minas Gerais Jan 8, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Greetings from snowy Paris

I'm planning a trip to Rio and MG in February and I would be delighted to have suggestions from fellow travellers. My questions relate to the first week of my stay during which we'll have a rented car to travel around:

-where to spend our first night in Brazil along the Coast? Saquaremos, Buzios, Cabo Frio? It'll be a Saturday, so finding a place may not be easy...
      -where to be based to visit MG: 2 days in Ouro Preto, 2 days in Tiradentes ?
      -is it easy to safely park one's car in MG small towns? I guess MG ismuch safer than Rio with a car, am I wrong?
      -any close other place to visit in MG apart from the colonial towns and BH?
      -suggestions about Paraty?

All suggestions about quaint places, good food or nice pousadas in MG and along the coast are welcome!

Obligado/merci

6 Answers Jan 14, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    • Soapstone

Ouro Prêto Dec 9, 2009 at 7:39 AM

I wanted to know the name/names of quarries in the Ouro Preto where soapstone os quarried.

2 Answers Dec 9, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    • fool_moon's Profile Photo

train Belo horizonte to vitoria

Belo Horizonte Oct 11, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Can anybody give information on the train of Cia. Vale do Rio Doce which is/was going from BH to Vitoria ? It would be very helpful if the train is still transporting passengers, to know time table and tarifs.

2 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 7:20 AM
    • Traveler-from-NY's Profile Photo

Transfers from Belo Horizonte Airport to Ouro Preto

Ouro Prêto Nov 18, 2008 at 4:37 AM

I will be flying into Confins airport, and I need transfers to Ouro Preto. What are my options, and what is the approximate cost? I have decided against using my travel agent for transfers due to the fact they wanted to charge me 412.00 USD. I would prefer not to use the buses, but if the bus is my best option, will I be able to bring large suitcases on board?

2 Answers Nov 18, 2008 at 10:30 AM
    • Traveler-from-NY's Profile Photo

Getting Ouro Preto from Rio. What are my Options?

Ouro Prêto Nov 16, 2008 at 6:36 AM

I will be in Rio in January 2009, and I would like to see Ouro Preto. What are my options for getting there? I have read about a bus that goes overnight, but are there any faster ways? Train, maybe a private motorcoach? Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 7:15 AM
    • cutie-pie's Profile Photo

White Water Rafting?

Ouro Prêto Aug 6, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Is there anywhere near Ouro Preto to go white water rafting? If not, where is the closest city/area to Ouro Preto to do so? Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 7, 2008 at 4:49 AM
    • Map of Minas

Estado de Minas Gerais Aug 6, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Where can I get a good map, hopefully in English for the state of Minas?
      I have looked here in the US, but so far not much luck. A travel guide in English with a map would be ideal.
      Thanks
      Bill

2 Answers Aug 7, 2008 at 4:57 AM
    • travelling on holiday

Belo Horizonte Aug 1, 2008 at 12:28 AM

SIR /MADAM
      I WILL LIE TO KNOW OF THERE IS A BUS SERVICE FROM BELEM TO BELO HORIZONTE I AM PLANNING MY HOLIDAY FROM GUYANA TO BELEM AND BOA VISTA FROM THE I WILL LIKE TO TRAVEL TO BELO HORIZONTE I WILL LIKE TO KNOW THECOST AND TIME OF TRAVELLING PLEASE ADVISE ON HOW TO TRAVELL AND GETTING TO BELO HORIZONTE FROM BELEM OR BOVISTA WITH BUS
      EMAIL larmogan@yahoo.co.uk
      LAWRENCE ARMOGAN

• Bus information between Belo Horizonte and Betim

Belo Horizonte May 9, 2008 at 7:17 AM

We speak English and pretty good Spanish but have no experience in Brazil. So we wanted to know if we can expect to get by well without Portuguese but with English and Spanish in Belo HOrizonte. We are attending meetings during the day in Betim
      for about six days in a row, some meetings may start early in the morning and go to late at nite. How is the bus schedule between Betim and Belo HOrizonte, where we will be staying.

Thanks so much for your help. Ellen

1 Answer May 9, 2008 at 11:42 AM
    • Espinosa Brazil

Estado de Minas Gerais May 7, 2008 at 11:54 AM

Does anyone know the best way to get to Espinosa? Fly into Belo Horizonte and drive, or bus, or ? Or Fly into Brasilia and car or bus?

Thank you!

4 Answers May 8, 2008 at 6:21 AM
    • Current Info Bus to Rio?

Ouro Prêto Jul 31, 2007 at 8:33 AM

I plan to take the bus from Rio to Ouro Preto and back. The latest posting about this is over two years old. Does anyone have current info about Schedules and cost? Comfort and length of the trip? Any info would be appreciated.

1 Answer Aug 2, 2007 at 7:44 AM
    • Diamantina

Diamantina Jul 25, 2007 at 6:22 PM

Hello a question for all you that have been to diamantina, is it possible to buy diamonds there.

1 Answer Jul 31, 2007 at 8:06 AM
    • Travel in Minas Gerais while based in Santos Dumont

Estado de Minas Gerais May 4, 2007 at 9:02 AM

Hi,
      I am going to be staying in Santos Dumont for a few weeks and really want to visit Ouro Preto, the Itacolomi Park, Sao Thome das Lettres and Sao Joao del Rei

It looks like it might be easiest to drive to these places than go by bus. So I was hoping for some advice on

1) How easy is it to drive around and how long might it take to get to these places ? (I am used to driving in the UK and the USA)

2) Where is the best place to get a car ? The airports at Belo H and R de J seem to be the only places in the area with car hire

3) Should I just see if I can find a guided tour that goes through the area ?

I have never been to Brazil before and as a geologist am really excitied about seeing Minas Gerais so I would appreciate any help you can give me

Thanks

8 Answers May 10, 2007 at 8:28 AM