Estado de Minas Gerais

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• June2014 Vila Olimpia

São Paulo 13 hours ago

Hy All...I will be with my family in São Paulo for the World Cup.any budget restaurants and sports bars to watch the games? Please any other advice gladly appreciated. Thank u!

more
    • Travel warnings?

Cuiabá Apr 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Are there any safety concerns when visiting Cuiaba?

more
    • current info. Website is 2008

Manaus Apr 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Has anyone made the trip recently from Manaus to guayana city.
      Also any knowledge about flights from Manaus to same or caracus without having to go back to Sao Paulo or Panama city.
      Help would be appreciated.

more
    • CRUISE TERMINAL

Rio de Janeiro Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

more
    • Tara2001's Profile Photo

Salvador, is it best to stay in the Pelourinho? Any hostel recommendations?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Hi all,

I'm visiting Salvador for 3 nights in April and was wondering if the Pelourinho is the best area to stay in? I am looking to stay in a hostel that is safe and secure, but also sociable where I can meet likeminded solo travellers. Any suggestions??

more

Anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Hi guys,

Is anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April that would want to meet up and do some sight seeing etc? Get in touch! :)

more
    • Bus from Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Foz do Iguaçu Apr 20, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hello, is there a way to book a bus ticket instead of flying from Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguacu, Brazil side. I would be coming from the Paulista area and staying in Parana of Foz do Iguacu. If i can buy a ticket online how far in advance can I purchase it? What is the approximate cost? If not, how far in advance should I buy it in person and where is the terminal located? I don't mind about travel time since I am not in a hurry.

more
    • Getting there from Campo Grande

Foz do Iguaçu Apr 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Just wondering what is the quickest and easiest way to get to Foz do Iguacu from Campo Grande Matto Grosso do Sul in Brazil. It all seems very complicated.

If someone has a simple-ish solution could you please let me know.

Thanks

more
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

São Paulo Apr 7, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • Travel with BUS from Natal to Salvador in Brazil

Natal Apr 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I need to travel from Natal, RN to Salvador Bahia by BUS, anyone know what Bus company I can buy ticket to travel to Salvador?

more
    • Gluten free restaurants around Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro Apr 17, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Can anyone give some names of restaurants around Rio that serve gluten free lunch and dinner?. I am going to Rio during the World Cup with wife and two children

more
    • Travelling Pantanal

Pantanal Apr 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM

How can i travel Pantanal without tying myself to a 4-5 day tour? I want to make it flexible and yet be able to do everything. Is it possible to do this independently?

more
    • Two days in Argentina

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 31, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I am travelling to see the falls in June. I would like to spend 2 days exploring the Argentina side and a day and a half on the Brazilian side. I am flying into Foz do Iguacu. Would you recommend I stay in Brazil and travel to Argentina each day. Or should I stay in Argentina overnight?

more
    • Currency exchange at the Crossover

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Is there an exchange at the border after you enter Argentina? After seeing the Brazilian National Park, we are heading for the Argentina National Park and the Sheraton. We'll need pesos to pay to get into the park.

more
    • Natal and Fortaleza in August

Natal 21 hours ago

Hello, I am planning to go to Natal and Fortaleza with my family in August, is a nice time to go? we are going with our 2 years old boy, is it ok?

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

Rio de Janeiro Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • eversure's Profile Photo

Taxi or airport bus?

Sao Paulo Mar 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM

We are a family of 5 (parents with 3 teenagers). We need to get from GRU to Congonhas. Will it be more convenient to take airport taxi or airport bus? In most places we have gone to, the individual cost for the bus is sometimes just the same as for a taxi and the taxi seems to be quicker. Thanks.

more
    • marechal hermes

Rio de Janeiro Apr 21, 2014 at 3:58 AM

Im staying in this area for a week in june, just wondering is there a good bus service running to the city? i will be based near the air base there.

more

Visa's and volunteering (I'm British)

Brazil Apr 15, 2014 at 8:28 AM

I'm hoping to go and volunteer in Rio, working in a youth hostel for a few months. I understand I can do this on a normal 90 day visa, is that right?

And also, how many days do I need to leave the country before I can return on another 90 day visa?

more
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

more
    • inthesunshine's Profile Photo

Accommodation required for 2 in Belo Horizonte - 20/06 - 26/06

Belo Horizonte Feb 15, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Hi there,
      We arrive in Belo on 20th June and are looking for accommodation (centrally located if possible). If anyone can assist, please inbox me to swap details and make arrangements. If you also have transport that would be a bonus. Appreciate any help.
      Regards
      ITS

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 6:10 AM
    • World Cup June

Belo Horizonte Feb 8, 2014 at 4:06 AM

Hi there, I will arrive with a party of seven in Belo Horizonte at 00.00 hrs and will need to get to a place in Carlos Prates. Can anyone advise the best option at that time, whether it will be taxi,bus or mini bus and how much?

Thanks Acer

1 Answer Feb 8, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    • World Cup June

Belo Horizonte Feb 8, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Hi there, I will arrive with a party of seven in Belo Horizonte at 00.00 hrs and will need to get to a place in Carlos Prates. Can anyone advise the best option at that time, whether it will be taxi,bus or mini bus and how much?

Thanks Acer

1 Answer Feb 9, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • MaaikeSchmit's Profile Photo

Car rental

Confins Dec 16, 2013 at 3:43 AM

Does Enterprise Car Rental track their vehicles?

2 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 3:27 AM
    • inthesunshine's Profile Photo

Savassi / Functionarios areas nightlife/apartments - June 14

Belo Horizonte Dec 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Hi there,

I'm travelling to Belo Horizonte for the World Cup in June and looking for an apartment to rent for 5 or 6 nights. Could anyone else give me any pointers and maybe some cross sections of roads to enable me to narrow down my search in the Savassi & Functionarios areas. I believe these are safer areas and also they are full of bars, restaurants, night clubs, etc.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
      ITS

1 Answer Dec 10, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    • Money for 5 days in Brazil

Belo Horizonte Nov 11, 2013 at 6:00 PM

do i need to speak Portugese to get around town?
      How much money should I bring (or need) for 5 days?

2 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • Naramata's Profile Photo

Renting a car and driving

Ouro Prêto Sep 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Is it feasible and/or safe for three of us to rent a car at CNF and drive ourselves to Ouro Preto? Our flight would arrive at about 3:30PM, on a Saturday, early February. Departure is three days later at 11:35AM.

17 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • Itinerary 9 days in Brazil

Belo Horizonte Aug 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM

9 days for Brazil, would you help with an itinerary that includes Sao Paulo (son works there), Rio de Janeiro and possibly Belo Horizonte? Paraty, Ilha Bela, Ouro Prieto?
      Could you mention some day trips from Belo Horizonte?

4 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    • Naramata's Profile Photo

Ouro Preto

Belo Horizonte May 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM

How to get from Belo Horizonte to Ouro Preto?

3 Answers May 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM
    • Vicosa, Minas Gerais

Estado de Minas Gerais Oct 31, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Hello,

i'm an italian guy, i'm 22 and i have the opportunuty to go at Vicosa, state of Minas Gerais, for studying for 6 months at the universidade federal of vicosa.

I don't know so much about Vicosa, can someone tell me something about that city?
      And how is to live there, what do you think and all what you think could be useful to me to know...

thank you very much, Matteo

2 Answers Nov 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    • Portuguese Language School or Teacher in SJ ?

São João del Rei Jul 28, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Hi!,
      I am looking for a good portuguese in Sao Joao del Rei. Any leads?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 29, 2011 at 5:20 AM
    • Any colonial cities open on Mondays

Estado de Minas Gerais Oct 13, 2010 at 5:22 PM

I see that the tourist attractions in MG's colonial cities are frequently closed on Mondays. Is that the case with all of these (my tentative itinerary)
      Diamantina, Ouro Preto, Tiradentes, Sao Joao del Rei

If they're closed on Monday, are they also closed on Sunday?

Perhaps I'd do better to stay in Belo Horizante on Monday?

Thanks for any tips

3 Answers Oct 20, 2010 at 4:34 AM
    • ant1606's Profile Photo

Anybody up for a drink and some chat?

Belo Horizonte Aug 18, 2010 at 6:23 PM

I'll be in Belo Horizonte for a week, Aug 20 through Aug 27.
      I still have to check my agenda while there, but it would be nice to meet local VTers for a drink and some chat if possible.
      Should anybody be available, just let me know. Thanks! ;)

4 Answers Aug 28, 2010 at 3:27 PM
    • TA7DS's Profile Photo

place to stay

Belo Horizonte Mar 2, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Looking for a recommendation on a hacienda style guest house or a small family run hotel...

Thanks

3 Answers Mar 2, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    • czg's Profile Photo

suggestions from the Coast to Minas Gerais

Estado de Minas Gerais Jan 8, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Greetings from snowy Paris

I'm planning a trip to Rio and MG in February and I would be delighted to have suggestions from fellow travellers. My questions relate to the first week of my stay during which we'll have a rented car to travel around:

-where to spend our first night in Brazil along the Coast? Saquaremos, Buzios, Cabo Frio? It'll be a Saturday, so finding a place may not be easy...
      -where to be based to visit MG: 2 days in Ouro Preto, 2 days in Tiradentes ?
      -is it easy to safely park one's car in MG small towns? I guess MG ismuch safer than Rio with a car, am I wrong?
      -any close other place to visit in MG apart from the colonial towns and BH?
      -suggestions about Paraty?

All suggestions about quaint places, good food or nice pousadas in MG and along the coast are welcome!

Obligado/merci

9 Answers Jan 14, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    • Soapstone

Ouro Prêto Dec 9, 2009 at 7:39 AM

I wanted to know the name/names of quarries in the Ouro Preto where soapstone os quarried.

3 Answers Dec 9, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    • fool_moon's Profile Photo

train Belo horizonte to vitoria

Belo Horizonte Oct 11, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Can anybody give information on the train of Cia. Vale do Rio Doce which is/was going from BH to Vitoria ? It would be very helpful if the train is still transporting passengers, to know time table and tarifs.

4 Answers Oct 12, 2009 at 5:59 AM
    • Traveler-from-NY's Profile Photo

Transfers from Belo Horizonte Airport to Ouro Preto

Ouro Prêto Nov 18, 2008 at 4:37 AM

I will be flying into Confins airport, and I need transfers to Ouro Preto. What are my options, and what is the approximate cost? I have decided against using my travel agent for transfers due to the fact they wanted to charge me 412.00 USD. I would prefer not to use the buses, but if the bus is my best option, will I be able to bring large suitcases on board?

3 Answers Nov 18, 2008 at 10:30 AM
    • Traveler-from-NY's Profile Photo

Getting Ouro Preto from Rio. What are my Options?

Ouro Prêto Nov 16, 2008 at 6:36 AM

I will be in Rio in January 2009, and I would like to see Ouro Preto. What are my options for getting there? I have read about a bus that goes overnight, but are there any faster ways? Train, maybe a private motorcoach? Thanks for your help.

3 Answers Nov 16, 2008 at 9:30 AM
    • cutie-pie's Profile Photo

White Water Rafting?

Ouro Prêto Aug 6, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Is there anywhere near Ouro Preto to go white water rafting? If not, where is the closest city/area to Ouro Preto to do so? Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 7, 2008 at 4:49 AM
    • Map of Minas

Estado de Minas Gerais Aug 6, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Where can I get a good map, hopefully in English for the state of Minas?
      I have looked here in the US, but so far not much luck. A travel guide in English with a map would be ideal.
      Thanks
      Bill

3 Answers Aug 7, 2008 at 4:57 AM
    • travelling on holiday

Belo Horizonte Aug 1, 2008 at 12:28 AM

SIR /MADAM
      I WILL LIE TO KNOW OF THERE IS A BUS SERVICE FROM BELEM TO BELO HORIZONTE I AM PLANNING MY HOLIDAY FROM GUYANA TO BELEM AND BOA VISTA FROM THE I WILL LIKE TO TRAVEL TO BELO HORIZONTE I WILL LIKE TO KNOW THECOST AND TIME OF TRAVELLING PLEASE ADVISE ON HOW TO TRAVELL AND GETTING TO BELO HORIZONTE FROM BELEM OR BOVISTA WITH BUS
      EMAIL larmogan@yahoo.co.uk
      LAWRENCE ARMOGAN

1 Answer Aug 1, 2008 at 3:56 AM
    • Bus information between Belo Horizonte and Betim

Belo Horizonte May 9, 2008 at 7:17 AM

We speak English and pretty good Spanish but have no experience in Brazil. So we wanted to know if we can expect to get by well without Portuguese but with English and Spanish in Belo HOrizonte. We are attending meetings during the day in Betim
      for about six days in a row, some meetings may start early in the morning and go to late at nite. How is the bus schedule between Betim and Belo HOrizonte, where we will be staying.

Thanks so much for your help. Ellen

2 Answers May 9, 2008 at 11:42 AM
    • Espinosa Brazil

Estado de Minas Gerais May 7, 2008 at 11:54 AM

Does anyone know the best way to get to Espinosa? Fly into Belo Horizonte and drive, or bus, or ? Or Fly into Brasilia and car or bus?

Thank you!

5 Answers May 8, 2008 at 6:21 AM
    • Current Info Bus to Rio?

Ouro Prêto Jul 31, 2007 at 8:33 AM

I plan to take the bus from Rio to Ouro Preto and back. The latest posting about this is over two years old. Does anyone have current info about Schedules and cost? Comfort and length of the trip? Any info would be appreciated.

2 Answers Aug 2, 2007 at 7:44 AM
    • Diamantina

Diamantina Jul 25, 2007 at 6:22 PM

Hello a question for all you that have been to diamantina, is it possible to buy diamonds there.

2 Answers Jul 31, 2007 at 8:06 AM
    • Travel in Minas Gerais while based in Santos Dumont

Estado de Minas Gerais May 4, 2007 at 9:02 AM

Hi,
      I am going to be staying in Santos Dumont for a few weeks and really want to visit Ouro Preto, the Itacolomi Park, Sao Thome das Lettres and Sao Joao del Rei

It looks like it might be easiest to drive to these places than go by bus. So I was hoping for some advice on

1) How easy is it to drive around and how long might it take to get to these places ? (I am used to driving in the UK and the USA)

2) Where is the best place to get a car ? The airports at Belo H and R de J seem to be the only places in the area with car hire

3) Should I just see if I can find a guided tour that goes through the area ?

I have never been to Brazil before and as a geologist am really excitied about seeing Minas Gerais so I would appreciate any help you can give me

Thanks

10 Answers May 10, 2007 at 8:28 AM
    • buses in MG

Estado de Minas Gerais Mar 31, 2007 at 4:14 AM

does anyone know if there's a bus from BH to muriae? or the best way to get to muriae from BH?

cheers bob

1 Answer Mar 31, 2007 at 12:03 PM
    • Sao Tome Das Letras - MYSTIC FESTIVAL?

Estado de Minas Gerais Dec 13, 2006 at 12:27 PM

I have heard that there is an annual Mystics Fair / Festival in Dec/Jan in Sao Tome Das Letras - but unable to find any specific info on this.
      Deos anyone have info or a Sao Tome contact for me?
      Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Dec 14, 2006 at 6:31 AM
    • Want To Fly From Pocos de Caldas Airport

Estado de Minas Gerais Nov 21, 2006 at 4:17 PM

I will be in Pocos de Caldas in December 2006, I'm hoping to rent a Cessna 152, 172 182 or Piper to explore the area.

Any one familiar with the Pocos de Caldas Airport? I have the general Pocos de Caldas Airport info; runway bearing, length, communication/navaid freqencies, location, etc.

Does Pocos de Caldas Airport rent aircraft?

Any contact information for the Pocos de Caldas Airport.

Regards,

Don