Estado de México Travel Answers

change location

overnight at Nevada de Toluca

by dirkv46 Online Now Aug 10, 2010 at 10:25 AM

e like to go to the Nevada de Toluca (Nov.). I saw an article about lodging on the mountain. Does anyone has more info on this ? Some practical questions I have :

How much time should I calculate to drive to the park coming from grutas de Cacahuamilpa or Malinalco . Opening times ? We have our own car.
What is the lodging about ? Must I make a reservation? Do they have any services or is it just a place to sleep?
Will it be crowed in November ? (foreseen date Fri Nov. 20th)
What will be the driving time from the crater to Metepec(Toluca)?

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • marttonius's Profile Photo

Re: overnight at Nevada de Toluca

by marttonius Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Hi
    about lodging on the mountain, there is a place in the way to the crater where its possible to stay for camping or stay at a small hostal with basic services. As far as I know, the access by car to the crater is now closed for environmental protection.
    If you come from Grutas de Cacahuamilpa to the Nevado it will take about 3 hours, coming from Malinalco which is closer would take about two hours. the park is opened everyday. sometimes the entrance is restricted because of the weather but not very often. I dont know if a reservation is necessary but I can find it out if you need it.
    from the crater to Metepec it would take about an hour.
    email me if you need some extra info I can get more data if necessary.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Estado de México Travel Answer Locations