Estado de México Travel Answers

change location
goye2cz's Profile Photo

Where to go in Northern Mexico?

by goye2cz Online Now Apr 4, 2007 at 6:42 AM

My friend and I are considering a trip to northern Mexico sometime in late July or early August. Could anyone recommend a good place/places to visit? We probably would only be there for a couple of days. We live in Texas and haven't every really been to visit the neighbors so to speak. She's been to Nuevo Laredo but that's it. It will take us about 8 or 10 hours to get to the border so we wouldn't want to go TOO far into Mexico. I looked at some info about Monterrey but its a bit far and a bit...big city. What would you recommend?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Gatopardo's Profile Photo

Re: Where to go in Northern Mexico?

by Gatopardo Online Now Apr 5, 2007 at 1:05 PM

The thing is, Monterrey and Reynosa are the closest largest city you have around, and Reynosa might not be the right one for you for your first inland impression, still in the border. I mean, Nuevo Leon had interesting attractions as parks and couple towns, but still far to give you an idea about what the whole country is. Anyway, what I can probably suggest you to see is the following link:

turismomonterrey.com/english...

Monterrey has mountains and great outdoor activities but you might want to get a state map and find the most known points, most of them in the link you will see next, some in the north but still around 100 kms away from mty, the other are in the southeast..

Maybe visiting Monterrey is worth, i mean if you drove 8 hrs, 4 more.. maybe less can make the trip more fun.

I hope you have a good time, I love the tacos, barbacoa and cabrito when going there..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ridermirv's Profile Photo

Re: Where to go in Northern Mexico?

by ridermirv Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 10:06 AM

How are you travelling? If your taking your own vehicle, you'll have to get a temporary import permit to go beyond the 20 mile border zone.

Are you looking for a unique border town, order to go a little farther?

From what part of Texas are you coming from?

All these questions play a part in where you can visit in a limited amount of time.

Marc

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Estado de México Travel Answer Locations