Estado de Mato Grosso

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel warnings?

Cuiabá Apr 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Are there any safety concerns when visiting Cuiaba?

1 Answer Apr 16, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    • Travelling Pantanal

Pantanal Apr 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM

How can i travel Pantanal without tying myself to a 4-5 day tour? I want to make it flexible and yet be able to do everything. Is it possible to do this independently?

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    • panatanal tours

Pantanal Mar 19, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I arrive in Cuiba late on july 5th
      whats best way to get a tour of pantanal from Cuiba or should I go further south?
      Do i use a car or hir ea guide?
      thanks
      we are a family of 4

2 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    • Furnished Apartments/ condos and flats to rent

Belo Horizonte Jan 27, 2014 at 2:19 PM

does anyone have a lead on renting a lat, apartment or condo from June 21 - July 1, 2014?

We're looking for a 2 bdrm.

Much appreciated
      henry

2 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 3:27 PM
    • wet land at Pantanal

Pantanal Jan 19, 2014 at 2:13 AM

want to visit most beautiful part of wet land in Pantanal, water lily... wet landscape... where and when?

3 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM
    • bus/city tour

Cuiabá Jan 5, 2014 at 5:02 PM

I cannot find any information about a city tour if we want to spend the day in the actual city of Cuiaba! Does any one have any ideas/websites?

5 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 5:44 PM
    • reliable operators

Pantanal Sep 4, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I´m looking for a good tour operator out of campo grande for 2 nights, good guide food and reasonable prices

1 Answer Sep 9, 2013 at 6:04 AM
    • LimorSchwartz's Profile Photo

Foz do Iguazu to Bonito and Pantanal Tour

Bonito Sep 26, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Hi,

I am hoping you can help me out.

I am traveling in Brazil. I originally was planning on taking a Pantanal tour from Campo Grande.
      However I have heard from many Brazilians that Bonito is really beautiful.
      I will be arriving from Foz de Iguazu. I have not been able to find if there is a direct bus from Foz Iguazu to Bonito.
      Is there a direct bus? If so, what time does it leave Foz de Iguazu.
      I also read that there are pantanal tours from Bonito. I am wondering if its as good as if I took from Campo Grande. Then maybe I won't need to go all the way to Campo Grande.
      Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!!
      Limor

8 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    • crossing bolivian/brasilian border at Corumba

Corumbá Dec 27, 2011 at 2:07 PM

hi there
      in a few weeks I would be coming from Bolivia to Brasil via Corumba, I have heard a yellow fever certificate is required. can I aarnge it at the border ? or I have do do it in advance somhow ?

2 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    • Pantanal eco tour -----is Pousada Santa Clara good?

Pantanal Apr 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Hi! Guys

I have done a lot of researches try to find a good Pantanal eco tour.

Has anyone heard about Pousada Santa Clara ? this agency is extremely cheap (05 days / 04 nights for R$ 460,00 ). I know we should not trust cheap one but my budget is really limited, and where I heard about this agency was from a guy has been to the Pantanal. I just hope to hear more opinions

Thanks in advance!

Chen

4 Answers Mar 3, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    • gman17's Profile Photo

Can someone help me with my Pantanal tour quote I just received please

Estado de Mato Grosso Jul 5, 2010 at 7:24 AM

Hi there,
      I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny that the quote I was given is either too high or is the going rate in the high season.
      6 nights / 7 days(Aug 16th to Aug 22nd) on a pantanal tour out of Cuiaba1380.00US per person for a double room with air cond.1620.00US for a single with air cond.
      I asked for mid-range lodging.
      I realize it's the high season but all the quotes I was seeing in the forums looked to be approx. 200 reais/ day which is nowhere near this quote.
      I just want to make sure I'm not getting taken for a ride is all. If that's what it is, that's what it is and I'll book it.
      thank you in advance
      G

5 Answers Jul 16, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    • gman17's Profile Photo

Looking for Mid-range tour of Pantanal from Cuiaba - Aug. 16-22

Pantanal Jul 4, 2010 at 7:11 AM

I checked with Pantanal trackers - He's booked - who would be the best to check with?
      Please and thanks

3 Answers Mar 27, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    • pantanal tours from Cuiaba

Pantanal Feb 11, 2010 at 10:01 AM

We are a family of 6 (4 adventuresome boys ages 12, 10, 8 & 2 1/2)looking to explore the pantanal out of Cuiaba in June or July 2010. Any recommendations on tour guides/organizations that are good or to be avoided? We are on a budget so looking for something reasonably cost as well.

5 Answers Apr 8, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    • tours of the pantanals

Pantanal Sep 24, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Hi Im thinking of getting a tour of the Pantanales, can anyone give me an Idea of how much they cost, they withhold all that info on their sites and i just want a general idea. Thanks a mill

3 Answers Sep 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM
    • vpas's Profile Photo

weather in may-june

Pantanal Sep 13, 2008 at 5:33 AM

we have 15 days in may-june to have a holiday.How is the weather there at that time?Is it worth coming to Pantanal in the end of may and 1st week of june?We love wildlife,nature and exotic cultures.suggestions are welcome.
      Thank you,
      Vpas

2 Answers Sep 13, 2008 at 6:43 AM
    • michwladlip's Profile Photo

Pantanal tour

Pantanal May 30, 2008 at 4:03 AM

Hi to VT members,
      I'll go to Pantanal in October, please advice some questions,
      -where to go north or south?
      -some reliable tour company?
      -any expirience with pantanal discovery tour company?
      Thanks to all.

3 Answers May 30, 2008 at 9:31 AM
    • Pantanal in August

Pantanal Jul 11, 2007 at 11:24 AM

I'm going to be traveling to Rio in late August and we were thinking of doing a side trip to Pantanal and Iguaca as well. Are those areas worth visiting in August?

2 Answers Jul 17, 2007 at 8:38 AM
    • Iguazu Falls to Campo Grande

Estado de Mato Grosso May 3, 2007 at 7:11 AM

I understand that it is possible to take a bus from Iguazu Falls to Campo Grande. Is it indeed possible? Can someone provide a few more details on this please.

2 Answers May 11, 2007 at 2:06 PM
    • travelmama2007's Profile Photo

is it really worth it?

Pantanal Jan 28, 2007 at 9:34 PM

I'm planning a trip to brazil and I'm finding that I don't have enough time to fit all of my top spots in. I love nature, animals, etc... So I've always wanted to see the amazon, the pantanal, and iguazu. But now I want to add on Bonito and of course there's rio. Since I just had a baby recently, I no longer have the luxury to go for very long. So I'm thinking of skipping Pantanal and Bonito. The pantanal looks as if it might be kinda drab with just lots of birds (I'm not into birding) and the super cool animals are not regularly seen (i've seen coatamundi, crocs/alligators, deer, etc.) And bonito may be similar to spring diving in Florida with the large tarpon and manatees. If anyone's been to these places, I'd greatly appreciate your opinions. If I have only around 10 days or so (and even those laden with my feeling guilty)...is the pantanal and/or bonito really necessary?

2 Answers Feb 6, 2007 at 11:20 AM
    • Corumba to Bonito

Pantanal Oct 3, 2006 at 9:25 AM

We are travelling from Corumba to Bonito on a Sunday and the direct bus only runs Mon to Sat. Is there other buses we could get? Can we get a bus from Corumba to Miranda, then from Miranda to Bonito? Does anyone know which companies operate this route.

1 Answer Oct 3, 2006 at 11:30 AM
    • pocketpiglet's Profile Photo

Bonito for the unfit? Bonito para idosa fora de forma?

Bonito Sep 19, 2006 at 2:57 PM

Como é o acesso à gruta do lago azul? E o passeio de barco descendo as corredeiras do Rio Mimoso? Vcs indicariam essas atividades para uma pessoa de 70 anos e fora de forma?

How is the access to the Blue Lake Cavern, would you recommend it for a unfit 70 year old person? What about the rafting on Mimoso River? Thanks :)

2 Answers Sep 21, 2006 at 10:35 AM
    • Ava1978's Profile Photo

Getting from La Paz to Corumba

Corumbá Jul 2, 2006 at 9:33 AM

Hi,

a friend and I wish to travel from La Paz in Bolivia to Corumba on the western edge of the Pantanal (and then onwards to Iguazu Falls). Can anyone tell me if there is a decent route with some form of public transport for this journey? Would it need to be booked in advance or turn up on the day? Approximate costs would be much appreciated too if possible.

Many thanks
      Avalon

3 Answers Aug 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM
    • Aquidauana Info

Aquidauana Jun 21, 2006 at 9:47 AM

I will be traveling in the Pantanals and am looking for recommendations for lodging and nature touring in Aquidauana and nearby Miranda. Any info out there?

• Jasey30's Profile Photo

good pantanal tour comapany.

Pantanal May 24, 2006 at 2:26 PM

Hello there,

I am not being idle i have searched the site, but nobody actually says, yes i went with this company and they were fantastic. So is there a company who does wonderful tours to the pantanal. If so please share.
      Jason

9 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 3:14 AM
    • liz.rowing's Profile Photo

pantanal tour from corumba?

Pantanal Jan 13, 2006 at 4:22 AM

Hello! does anyone know of a reliable and cheap! tour company which does 4/5 day tours leaving from Corumba? or is there a cheaper way to see the pantanal? i'll probably be travelling on my own and havea pretty tight budget! (im just a lowly backpacker!) Have been looking at Ecological Expeditions, they look good but have no prices on their site! Has anyone taken a tour with them recently? What did you think? Thank you!

3 Answers Feb 7, 2006 at 1:53 PM
    • CAMPO GRANDE/CUIABA/CORUMBO

Pantanal Jan 12, 2006 at 4:29 PM

If i am going for approximately 5 days to see the pantanal, where should i fly into to get the best experience?
      Thank you,

2 Answers Jan 15, 2007 at 3:26 PM
    • camping at night

Pantanal Dec 17, 2005 at 6:16 PM

Hi All

What’s the temperature in Pantanal in winter?
      Especially, is it possible to camp in the area of Chapada dos Guimares
      at night without turning into a block of ice? Is Chapada considered much colder than the other parts of Pantanal?

Thanks

2 Answers Jan 15, 2007 at 4:50 PM
    • siri's Profile Photo

Fly from Foz to a Pantanal-town?

Pantanal Aug 9, 2005 at 6:39 AM

Are there any flights from Foz(Brazilian side) to one of the cities in/around Pantanal where the tours starts?

4 Answers Aug 11, 2005 at 8:08 PM
    • Package tours/stay in Bonito

Bonito Jul 2, 2005 at 11:36 AM

Does anyone have experience touring Bonito? I wanto to spend 3-4 days here in September. If you can name tour operators/packages within Bonito (that includes hotels & transportation) that will be great.

thanks.
      -datta

1 Answer Jul 4, 2005 at 10:07 AM
    • smartlass's Profile Photo

Pantanal and Bonito Questions

Pantanal Jun 18, 2005 at 10:17 AM

I am planning on visiting the Pantanal and Bonito in August and have a few questions.

Many of the pantanal tours advertise horseback rides as part of the tour. I don't really like horses and I exceed the weight limit for most horses, so I don't think that's an option for me. If I can't ride the horses, will there be other options on the tour (boat ride, hike, etc.) while the rest of the group is on horses, or will I be stuck at the camp/pousada/fazenda while they are out?

I noticed that many of the tours in Bonito require a wetsuit. I'm worried that they may not have one large enough to fit me, so would like to find options that wouldn't require me to wear one.
      How cold is the water in August?
      Are there tours (hikes, rafting, snorkeling) that do not require a wetsuit?

Thanks for your help