Estado de Guanajuato

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cell Phone use

Mexico City 2 hours ago

Are disposable phones available for purchase in Mexico City? I would like to be able to use a phone GPS

more
    • Creel airport

Mexico Mar 16, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Does anyone know when this airport will actually be opening? I'm wanting to book my holiday but just know that the airport will open just when I have made alternative, lengthier travel arrangements!

more
    • gmaxcy's Profile Photo

Buying a house in Isla Mujeres

Isla Mujeres Mar 9, 2015 at 6:41 AM

Hello,
      Has anyone bought a house in Isla Mujeres? Can I get some advise from you?
      I already found a house I just don't know how to go about buying it and who to trust.
      Thanks, Gaby

more
    • Best pizza?

Puerto Peñasco Mar 6, 2015 at 5:02 PM

Best place for pizza in Peurto Penasco.

more
    • emmatravels's Profile Photo

Scooter Rentals in Cabo or Todos Santos

Todos Santos Mar 24, 2015 at 10:10 AM

We will be in Todos Santos for a couple of months and would like to rent Scooters. Are there good rental places in Todos Santos (or Cabo)?

more
    • Barcelo Maya Colonial contact

Mexico Mar 14, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Does anyone know contact email for the hotel in order to give a request?

more
    • ZOEGV's Profile Photo

Merida Mexico, neighborhood questions

Mexico Mar 1, 2015 at 1:31 PM

My wife and I plan to rent an apartment in Merida for one year. We are coming from Chicago (we are upper in our 40's) and would like a general overview of areas in the city. I understand my question is very general, but it will give a place to start . I have been told that the north side (Chuburna) is rather residential.

more
    • how far to walk to tijuana

Tijuana Mar 22, 2015 at 12:30 AM

how far after the broader is it to walk to tijuana shopping

more
    • car rental

Cancún Mar 15, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Any suggestions on car rental in Cancun? I've heard good things and horror stories about different agencies with some people saying an agency is good and another saying the same agency is a terrible rip-off. What experiences have you had?

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Things to do in Cancun with a Toddler

Cancún Mar 10, 2015 at 1:49 PM

I saw a previous posting about "excursions with a baby" but I am hoping Cancun experts will be able to weigh in on some activities we are considering with our toddler. We are going to Cancun for 5 days (before heading to Tulum for a wedding). Some things we have thought about doing with our son who will be 20 months are:

- Isla Mujeres Day Trip, Underwater Museum and Tortugranja
      - Garrafon Natural Reef Park
      - Xcaret
      - Hummer Jungle Tour
      - Marine Turtle Observation
      - Aktun Chen, Akumal
      - Wet n Wild
      - Cancun Interactive Museum
      - Crococun Zoo

I am wondering if any of these are "tourist traps" worth avoiding, and if something is a must. We plan to do one activity a day as our child is very active and likes to be outdoors doing something.

Thanks for any insight.

Kimberly

more
    • Private Excursions vs. Group Excursions to the Mayan Ruins

Cancún Mar 6, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Hi, I am going to Cancun soon and I was wondering what kind of tour company to use and looking for some suggestions of trustworthy tours to the Mayan Ruins (Tulum, Coba or Chichen Itza). I see that there are small private minibus tours for what looks to be a similar price as the big group bus tours. I would prefer that way because of the flexibility. My husband and I have been to Cancun 2 times before but our kids haven't and we want them to have a more authentic experience. I speak fluent Spanish if that helps. BTW, I don't want to deal with renting a car.

more
    • bobsnicholson's Profile Photo

Good hotel

Cancún Mar 17, 2015 at 8:48 AM

We are planning our first trip to Cancun (with a 4 day hop over to Havana) in November.
      We are in our mid 60s so don't want/need late night night club's, however we do like a drink and some entertainment within walking of our hotel.
      Would be grateful for advice/recommendation's on a decent hotel/s that might fit the above.
      Not concerned if all inclusive or not.
      Ta

more
    • islasisterchick's Profile Photo

Place in TS to meet people

Todos Santos Mar 16, 2015 at 11:33 AM

I'll be in Todos Santos on my own and was wondering if there was a bar or location that's best to meet people, both travelers and locals? I was thru there once for a day but it seemed pretty quiet and I like to make new friends to meet for drinks.

more
    • Going to different hotels

Cancún Mar 10, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Can you visit other people in other hotels

more
    • Family of 6 moving to Mexico City- Need advise!

Mexico City Mar 1, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Hi all, we recently found out my there is a high likelihood we will be moving to Mexico city for a US Gov job at the Embassy. Though we are extremely excited for the adventure we are also a family of 6 with 4 school age children and I want to gather as much information as possible. We would be living there for 2-5 years. I have been told that many US Embassy employees live in Polanco but that it is a very "plastic" place. Condessa I hear is very nice as well. I want to totally be a part of the city and culture, my husband is Mexican and I am Peruvian/Spanish so it will not be a culture shock to us but I want to make it as easy a transition as possible for our children. I also have been told the children of US embassy employees go to private schools that are very demanding. We have been given a housing allowance up to $3500/usd a month, what type of home will that afford us? And how about vacation spots close by? We like to vacation a lot and would want to take advantage of being so close to Cancun and Acapulco. Any insight as to what to expect for a US family living in Mexico City (specifically US Gov employee) would be so helpful! Thanks in advance!

more
    • traveltrish's Profile Photo

Day of the dead

Mexico City Mar 8, 2015 at 4:34 AM

Hola,
      Where is the best place for Day of the dead celebrations in Mexico. Travelling with a friend, we want to experience authentic Mexico and not too commercial.
      Muchas gracias in advance
      Tricia

more
    • green card lost/stolen

Tijuana Mar 8, 2015 at 7:41 AM

hi everyone i have a question , my green card was stolen (plus DL,money and credit card) in houston airport, that happened this week 3-3-15, it was the same day that my mom pass away :( the reason why im here, im planning to return to usa by tijuana border(walking), i only have with me,my mexican passport, a houston police report about stolen green card, and a previews temporary visa but is already expired, im very desesperate, my kids and husband are in usa, I dont have money ,i dont know what to do, I dont want to lose my permanent residen status, should I walk to the tijuana border and explain my case to the officer?

more
    • Dengue Fever

Puerto Morelos Mar 7, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Hi,

My wife an I are supposed to go to Puerto Morelos on Monday, but on Friday our doctor advised against it due to a dengue fever epidemic there. Is this true? Would you cancel your trip? She is 20 weeks pregnant and this was supposed to be a holiday and finally our honeymoon before the baby arrives. Others have said there is no risk. What do you think?

more
    • Jefie's Profile Photo

Loved Mérida, where to next?

Mexico Mar 5, 2015 at 2:48 PM

I just got back from spending an absolutely amazing week in Mérida, and even though I've only been back home for a few days, I'm already thinking about going back to Mexico to see more of the country. So what would be your suggestions for great places to visit in Mexico? I'd rather avoid Mexico City and places filled with all-inclusive resorts such as Playa del Carmen. I hear Guanajuato and San Miguel de Allende are nice to visit? I'm looking for safe destinations that are relatively easy to get to. Culture, history and nature (hiking) are my biggest interests, not having access to the beach is not an issue. So, any thoughts?

more
    • Apartment Rental

Guanajuato Feb 8, 2015 at 4:05 PM

I will be studying in Guanajuato for a semester next January. I will need to find an apartment in the city that is close enough to the university. I wanted to know what I should expect to pay for a one bedroom furnished apartment and the best place to search for them. Also, is the city small enough that location does not really matter (in terms of walking to school)?

Thanks much!

2 Answers Feb 9, 2015 at 10:05 AM
    • Leon to San Miguel- Night travel

San Miguel de Allende Feb 7, 2015 at 5:22 PM

1. Is it safe for women to travel at night by private car from the airport in Leon to San Miguel de Allende?
      2. Is it better to stay at a hotel at the airport and then travel in the daytime?

3 Answers Feb 8, 2015 at 3:12 PM
    • Travel Sequence

Guanajuato Jan 2, 2015 at 10:49 AM

What is the best sequence/timeline for us? We are a couple of young seniors who would like to visit Guanajuato and the San Miguel de Allende areas between March 26 and April 4th.. We would have about 10 days and are more interested in the culture and people than the tourist attractions and noise. Any information on hotels would also be appreciated. We speak limited Spanish. Thank you for your help.

Jack Caselles

1 Answer Jan 9, 2015 at 6:41 AM
    • Buying Furniture for a Condo in San Miguel de Allende

San Miguel de Allende Aug 28, 2014 at 3:44 PM

We have purchased a two bedroom condo in SMA and need to furnish it. Where can we buy fairly inexpensive furniture and mattresses? Thanks

1 Answer Aug 29, 2014 at 6:25 AM
    • Driving from USA,,Charlotte,NC to San Miguel

San Miguel de Allende Aug 2, 2014 at 3:19 PM

How many hours and what routes to I take from Loredo, Texas to San Miguel. I was told the turnpikes are the way to travel.
      Jim

1 Answer Aug 2, 2014 at 3:34 PM
    • Where can you get braces

Ciudad de Dolores Hidalgo Jul 18, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Where can you get braces in Dolores hidalgo

• BigBrando's Profile Photo

Bus from Dolores Hildago to San Miguel de Allende

San Miguel de Allende Jul 16, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I'm wondering if I can bus from Dolores Hildago to San Miguel de Allende. Primera Plus doesn't seem to offer the route are there other companies or local busses that offer this route ? Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 7:06 PM
    • MarthaT.'s Profile Photo

Banking in San Miguel

San Miguel de Allende Jul 8, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Is there a Scotiabank in San Miguel? Plan to visit in a few months, and would like to use ATMs for my cash needs, but hate paying atm fees. What banks are there? Are any connected to Scotiabank in Canada? Thanks.

• fachd's Profile Photo

Guanajuato Mexico

Guanajuato May 23, 2014 at 5:45 AM

Recently I built a Guanajuato page. How come all of the photos end up in Estado de Sinaloa and my page is not with Guanajuato Mexico? Did I click the wrong province? At the beginning I think I went to Estado de Sinaloa >Guanajuato and began my Guanajuato page there. Do I suppose to click on Estado de Guanajuato > Guanajuato or Estado de Guanajuato? If so how do you correct it. I don't really fancy starting the laborious work again. Can anyone help? Thanks

4 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    • University Graduate in San Miguel de Allende

San Miguel de Allende May 21, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I recently graduated from a University in Texas and plan on taking a month long vacation in San Miguel de Allende for the entire month of June before hitting the real world. While I have visited the city before and know it pretty well, it would be nice to meet some new people and relax while I am there. While I am 22 years young, I do not have a preference in age when getting to know people. From a 21 year old student to a 65 year old ex-patriot. I enjoy my time with all. I am an avid sports enthusiast and plan on spending a lot of my time watching the upcoming World Cup games while having a drink (or two), but want to also get to know the city a bit more. Anything from going to the Jardin, finding a swimming spot to relax, traveling to the countryside to hike, or even kicking the ball around. I am usually open to anything and would also like to try and travel to nearby cities and even a city on the coast. It would be great to get any ideas on places where people hangout or anything worth knowing about.

1 Answer May 21, 2014 at 7:34 PM
    • Drinking and eating safely in Guanajuato

Guanajuato Apr 22, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I am travelling to Gto in June. Keep hearing "don't drink the water" and "eat nothing that is not cooked." True?
      Kind of have a delicate :-) stomach and don't want to be sick for the week that I am there.
      Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • Questions for current SMA expats/locals

San Miguel de Allende Mar 26, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Coming in for three days (May 22-25) from Guadalajara. From Atlanta, GA and will be spending a few weeks traveling around Mexico. Wondering what the "musts" are for my short trip to SMA. I love off the beaten path kinda stuff but don't wanna get outside SMA. Best weekend markets, street food vendors, bars and restaurants and local activities would be appreciated. If there is anything special going on for these dates, I would also love to know about them! Thanks and I look forward to hearing from everyone!

• San Miguel Local Tour Guide

San Miguel de Allende Feb 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM

We would like to find an amazing local tour guide that is professional and very knowledgeable about San Miguel. References would be helpful. Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 1:18 PM
    • Swimming pools

San Miguel de Allende Feb 13, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Where can I go for a swim?

1 Answer Feb 13, 2014 at 7:46 PM
    • Long term car parking near San Fernando Plaza

Guanajuato Jan 29, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Will be in gto for one month Feb 15 to Mar 15 and am looking for long term parking. Any suggestions. Name, number, address coet etc? Don't want to park on the streets.

• How many days to stay in St Miguel to see it all?

San Miguel de Allende Jan 6, 2014 at 9:24 PM

We are hoping to visit several mt cities and trying to figure out how many days to stay in each town. The only other city we have decided is a "must" is Guanjuato.

4 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    • Pool Hall in San Miguel de allende

San Miguel de Allende Dec 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Anyone know the address of Bolo Ocho or other pool halls?
      thanks

2 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    • Manzanillo Airport Transporation

Manzanillo Nov 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Does anyone know what Hotel Zone Barceló Karmina Palace, Manzanillo is located in - Zone 1, 2 or 3??? What is the best cost effective way to get there without too much hassle and wasted time? How long is the ride to hotel? Any other info would greatly be appreciated.

• Shipping personal effects to San Miguel

San Miguel de Allende Oct 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I will be going to San Miguel with 4-5 suitcases. It would be expensive to ship these as extra baggage by plane. Is it possible to get a good bus from San Antonio to SMA? Or is there a better way to ship the extra bags rather than as excess baggage?

1 Answer Oct 23, 2013 at 6:51 AM
    • San Miguel to Mexico City

San Miguel de Allende Oct 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM

We are arranging private transport to and from Mexico City Airport, and will spend several days in Mexico City at the end of our trip next February.
      1. Is the trip between Mexico City and San Miguel safe?
      2. How much should we expect to pay (4 people)
      3. Do you have a favorite limo service?
      4. What service will provide both transport to and from the airport plus guide service in Mexico City?

4 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    • best hotel in leon

León Aug 31, 2013 at 6:26 AM

please suggest the best hotel in leon

1 Answer Aug 31, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    • HOTEL SHUTTLE

León Aug 30, 2013 at 7:34 PM

DO ANY OF THE HOTELS IN LEON HAVE A PICK UP AND DROP OFF SERVICE FROM THE AIRPORT?

• Weather Consistency

San Miguel de Allende Aug 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I am 62 and aquired an sinner ear issue a few years ago. Mostly I get vertigo if the air is "heavy" (inversion layer) or the barometer changes pressure significantly or frequently. I do well in the mountains and get sick in Oregon USA weather or coastal "June Gloom". Does anyone have feedback or no another in San Miguel Allende that has inner ear issues (often called Meniere's)? Thank you. (I am looking to stay 4-6 months to see how I feel there).

3 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 7:01 AM
    • bajalin's Profile Photo

I will be in Guanajuato in February 2014,

Guanajuato Aug 3, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Do entremeses still take place in the Plaza on Sundays?

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 7:39 AM
    • Best schools?

Guanajuato Jul 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Currently I am planning to take Spanish language classes at the University of Guanajuato. They were recommended by a family member and they seem to be the most affordable at $600.00 for tuition but I am wanting a second opinion. What are the best schools in Guanajuato. P.S. I will be living with a family friend in Guanajuato so the school has to be in Guanajuato.

1 Answer Jan 30, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    • Spending money?

Guanajuato Jul 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I am going to be studying at the Guanajuato University and I am curious how much spending money would be smart to bring for a six month stay? I won't need to buy food, but I might be taking the bus regularly and of course I may want to do a little shopping.

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    • Swimming facilities

San Miguel de Allende Jul 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Are there any public pools in SMA?

3 Answers Aug 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    • kareywalter's Profile Photo

What to wear?

San Miguel de Allende Jul 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Spending 3 weeks in Posos de Mineral and San Migeul de Allende. Clothing suggestions and or other must need? want to pack small to bring camera equipment.
      Thanks,
      Karey

2 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    • kareywalter's Profile Photo

clothing

San Miguel de Allende Jul 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM

what to pack for 20 days in July?

• cooking class

San Miguel de Allende Jul 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

what does a cooking class cost

1 Answer Jul 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM