Estado de Chiapas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Creel airport

Mexico Mar 16, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Does anyone know when this airport will actually be opening? I'm wanting to book my holiday but just know that the airport will open just when I have made alternative, lengthier travel arrangements!

more
    • gmaxcy's Profile Photo

Buying a house in Isla Mujeres

Isla Mujeres Mar 9, 2015 at 6:41 AM

Hello,
      Has anyone bought a house in Isla Mujeres? Can I get some advise from you?
      I already found a house I just don't know how to go about buying it and who to trust.
      Thanks, Gaby

more
    • Best pizza?

Puerto Peñasco Mar 6, 2015 at 5:02 PM

Best place for pizza in Peurto Penasco.

more
    • emmatravels's Profile Photo

Scooter Rentals in Cabo or Todos Santos

Todos Santos Mar 24, 2015 at 10:10 AM

We will be in Todos Santos for a couple of months and would like to rent Scooters. Are there good rental places in Todos Santos (or Cabo)?

more
    • Barcelo Maya Colonial contact

Mexico Mar 14, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Does anyone know contact email for the hotel in order to give a request?

more
    • ZOEGV's Profile Photo

Merida Mexico, neighborhood questions

Mexico Mar 1, 2015 at 1:31 PM

My wife and I plan to rent an apartment in Merida for one year. We are coming from Chicago (we are upper in our 40's) and would like a general overview of areas in the city. I understand my question is very general, but it will give a place to start . I have been told that the north side (Chuburna) is rather residential.

more
    • Cell Phone use

Mexico City Yesterday

Are disposable phones available for purchase in Mexico City? I would like to be able to use a phone GPS

more
    • how far to walk to tijuana

Tijuana Mar 22, 2015 at 12:30 AM

how far after the broader is it to walk to tijuana shopping

more
    • car rental

Cancún Mar 15, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Any suggestions on car rental in Cancun? I've heard good things and horror stories about different agencies with some people saying an agency is good and another saying the same agency is a terrible rip-off. What experiences have you had?

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Things to do in Cancun with a Toddler

Cancún Mar 10, 2015 at 1:49 PM

I saw a previous posting about "excursions with a baby" but I am hoping Cancun experts will be able to weigh in on some activities we are considering with our toddler. We are going to Cancun for 5 days (before heading to Tulum for a wedding). Some things we have thought about doing with our son who will be 20 months are:

- Isla Mujeres Day Trip, Underwater Museum and Tortugranja
      - Garrafon Natural Reef Park
      - Xcaret
      - Hummer Jungle Tour
      - Marine Turtle Observation
      - Aktun Chen, Akumal
      - Wet n Wild
      - Cancun Interactive Museum
      - Crococun Zoo

I am wondering if any of these are "tourist traps" worth avoiding, and if something is a must. We plan to do one activity a day as our child is very active and likes to be outdoors doing something.

Thanks for any insight.

Kimberly

more
    • Private Excursions vs. Group Excursions to the Mayan Ruins

Cancún Mar 6, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Hi, I am going to Cancun soon and I was wondering what kind of tour company to use and looking for some suggestions of trustworthy tours to the Mayan Ruins (Tulum, Coba or Chichen Itza). I see that there are small private minibus tours for what looks to be a similar price as the big group bus tours. I would prefer that way because of the flexibility. My husband and I have been to Cancun 2 times before but our kids haven't and we want them to have a more authentic experience. I speak fluent Spanish if that helps. BTW, I don't want to deal with renting a car.

more
    • bobsnicholson's Profile Photo

Good hotel

Cancún Mar 17, 2015 at 8:48 AM

We are planning our first trip to Cancun (with a 4 day hop over to Havana) in November.
      We are in our mid 60s so don't want/need late night night club's, however we do like a drink and some entertainment within walking of our hotel.
      Would be grateful for advice/recommendation's on a decent hotel/s that might fit the above.
      Not concerned if all inclusive or not.
      Ta

more
    • islasisterchick's Profile Photo

Place in TS to meet people

Todos Santos Mar 16, 2015 at 11:33 AM

I'll be in Todos Santos on my own and was wondering if there was a bar or location that's best to meet people, both travelers and locals? I was thru there once for a day but it seemed pretty quiet and I like to make new friends to meet for drinks.

more
    • Going to different hotels

Cancún Mar 10, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Can you visit other people in other hotels

more
    • Family of 6 moving to Mexico City- Need advise!

Mexico City Mar 1, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Hi all, we recently found out my there is a high likelihood we will be moving to Mexico city for a US Gov job at the Embassy. Though we are extremely excited for the adventure we are also a family of 6 with 4 school age children and I want to gather as much information as possible. We would be living there for 2-5 years. I have been told that many US Embassy employees live in Polanco but that it is a very "plastic" place. Condessa I hear is very nice as well. I want to totally be a part of the city and culture, my husband is Mexican and I am Peruvian/Spanish so it will not be a culture shock to us but I want to make it as easy a transition as possible for our children. I also have been told the children of US embassy employees go to private schools that are very demanding. We have been given a housing allowance up to $3500/usd a month, what type of home will that afford us? And how about vacation spots close by? We like to vacation a lot and would want to take advantage of being so close to Cancun and Acapulco. Any insight as to what to expect for a US family living in Mexico City (specifically US Gov employee) would be so helpful! Thanks in advance!

more
    • traveltrish's Profile Photo

Day of the dead

Mexico City Mar 8, 2015 at 4:34 AM

Hola,
      Where is the best place for Day of the dead celebrations in Mexico. Travelling with a friend, we want to experience authentic Mexico and not too commercial.
      Muchas gracias in advance
      Tricia

more
    • green card lost/stolen

Tijuana Mar 8, 2015 at 7:41 AM

hi everyone i have a question , my green card was stolen (plus DL,money and credit card) in houston airport, that happened this week 3-3-15, it was the same day that my mom pass away :( the reason why im here, im planning to return to usa by tijuana border(walking), i only have with me,my mexican passport, a houston police report about stolen green card, and a previews temporary visa but is already expired, im very desesperate, my kids and husband are in usa, I dont have money ,i dont know what to do, I dont want to lose my permanent residen status, should I walk to the tijuana border and explain my case to the officer?

more
    • Dengue Fever

Puerto Morelos Mar 7, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Hi,

My wife an I are supposed to go to Puerto Morelos on Monday, but on Friday our doctor advised against it due to a dengue fever epidemic there. Is this true? Would you cancel your trip? She is 20 weeks pregnant and this was supposed to be a holiday and finally our honeymoon before the baby arrives. Others have said there is no risk. What do you think?

more
    • Jefie's Profile Photo

Loved Mérida, where to next?

Mexico Mar 5, 2015 at 2:48 PM

I just got back from spending an absolutely amazing week in Mérida, and even though I've only been back home for a few days, I'm already thinking about going back to Mexico to see more of the country. So what would be your suggestions for great places to visit in Mexico? I'd rather avoid Mexico City and places filled with all-inclusive resorts such as Playa del Carmen. I hear Guanajuato and San Miguel de Allende are nice to visit? I'm looking for safe destinations that are relatively easy to get to. Culture, history and nature (hiking) are my biggest interests, not having access to the beach is not an issue. So, any thoughts?

more
    • 2015 Dates for Senor de Esquipulas in Tenejapa?

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Dec 28, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Does anyone know the dates for the celebration in Tenejapa this year? As it is usually several days, is one day better than another for an outside observer? Also, there is supposed to be a small hotel/hostel in town but I cannot find contact information. Thanks for any help!

• Dates 2015 for Senor de Esquipulas in Tenejapa Chiapas

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Dec 28, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Does anyone know when Senor de Esquipulas will be observed in Tenejapa this year. I know it will be celebrated over several days: is one day better than another for an outsider to attend? Also there is reputed to be a small hotel or hostal in the town but I cannot find contact information. Thanks to anyone who can provide information!

• Transportation in El Pescadero and Todos Santos

Baja Oct 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Is there taxi and or bus service, in El Pescadero and Todos Santos?

1 Answer Oct 22, 2014 at 2:45 AM
    • Agraichen's Profile Photo

2014 Hurricane Odile Update

Baja Sep 18, 2014 at 5:01 PM

For anyone thinking of going to the Baja (La Paz, Cabo San Lucas, San Jose del Cabo or Todos Santos) especially the cities mentioned, in the upcoming month, consider changing your plans. The airports from Loreto south are closed to civilian traffic and only airlift and rescue flights are authorized in the wake of Hurricane Odile.

Loreto (LTO) is expected to open by 09/19 as they did not sustain as much damage as the southern cities. The "Cabo" airport near San Jose del Cabo is not expected to reopen for a month. The Cabo control tower has been said to be non operational.

Tropical storm Polo is heading north at this time but is beginning to turn west so hopefully Cabo will be spared additional rain and wind.

We have at least one active VT member in the middle of the heavily impacted area. Hopefully all is well as most of the area has no power or means of communication as cell, landline and internet service is out.

13 Answers Oct 5, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • deniferris's Profile Photo

Arriving at 7pm

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jul 8, 2014 at 3:59 PM

How does one get to San Cristobal from Tuxtla Gutierres airport?

2 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 7:35 AM
    • Maya tour plan question

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jun 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Hi there, could you do me a favor? I plan to spend around 4 days around San Cristóbal de Las Casas for Maya ruins, I already book round flight between mexico city and Tuxtla Gutierrez. Palenque, Yaxchilan, Bonampak, Tikal are my real destination.

Now I'm very comfused which city is the best choose to book hotel? as I will back to Mexico city from Tuxtla Gutierrez. And whether someone can recommend tour agent to book tour plan?

2 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 6:31 PM
    • travel from Cancun to San Cristobal de las Casas

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Mar 18, 2014 at 1:56 PM

We are flying to Cancun and would like to find an economical way to get to San Cristobal de las Casas in May. There are 3 of us and checking the air fares, they seem high. Would it make sense to drive? I understand it's about a twelve hour trip. Are there any interesting places to stop for the night?

5 Answers May 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
    • How to get from San Cristobal Chiapas early in the morning

Chiapas Mar 11, 2014 at 5:36 PM

We are having a hard time finding transportation very early in the morning from San Cristobal to the Tuxtla airport. The same thing late in the evening getting to San Cristobal. Anyone have any experience with this? Seems like everything shuts down early and late. I have heard there are cabs, but how expensive would an hour ride and how dangerous in the wee hours?

3 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    • KadriZ's Profile Photo

San Cristobal to Belize by bus

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jan 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Can anybody tell how to get from San Cristobal to Belize by bus? Is there any night buses? Please send me website where I can find the information.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM
    • KadriZ's Profile Photo

San Cristobal to Belize by bus

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jan 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Can anybody tell how to get from San Cristobal to Belize by bus? Is there any night buses? Please send me website where I can find the information.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM
    • what is the best, most centrally located hotel in san cristobal de las cases?

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Sep 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Who can recommend the best most centrally located hotel in San Cristobal de las cases?
      I'm bringing a small group in Feb. for an art and cutlural tour. 14 people.

• getting from las cristobal to cancun via guatemala

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Aug 24, 2013 at 2:44 AM

What is the Best road to travel on between las cristobal to cancun via guatemala?

thank you

1 Answer Aug 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    • Tour guides for touring areas surrounding san cristobal

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Aug 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I will be visiting san cristobal and would like to do ecoutourism trips in surrounding areas such as Las Nuebes.
      I am looking for a guide that knows the are.
      Thank You

3 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    • sujane80's Profile Photo

Local tour companies

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jun 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I am planning a trip to SC in July by myself and want to take a couple of guided tours of things like the waterfalls and the Mayan ruins - are there local tour companies there who run these all year round?

• Travel from Mexico City to San Cristobal de Las Casas by bus

San Cristóbal de Las Casas May 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM

What bus should I take from Mexico City to San Cristobal de Las Casas? What are the times it usually runs? Is it a safe option or should I take a plane instead? Any advice welcome! :]

4 Answers May 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    • Izapa Ruins and Tapachula

Tapachula Mar 29, 2012 at 8:24 AM

We will be visiting Puerto Chiapas in April on a cruise ship and are interested in a guide/tour from the ship to Izapa and then Tapachula.
      any ideas anyone

1 Answer Apr 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    • Tour Guide

Palenque Dec 5, 2011 at 7:42 PM

A small group (6)of us will be visiting Palenque in April 2012 and would like to arrange for a tour guide prior to our arrival. I have searched a number of webpages for names of personal guides, but have learned only that we can wait and get an official guide when we enter the ruins.
      Any help in finding a tour guide for one day will be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks.
      Arch

4 Answers Jan 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM
    • El Panchan

Palenque Aug 18, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Hello!!!

My friend and i traveling in Mexico (backpackers).
      I'm going to be in Palenque in two weeks, and i have heard about El Panchan.
      1)Is this a good place to spend there 2 days, or something like that?
      we like live shows, nature, meet people all over.

2)Someone know maybe the price range there? we are staying in hostels most of the time with paying10usd per night so can i find something like that there?

Thank you all!

• colectivo from palenque to tikal

Palenque Mar 20, 2011 at 10:44 AM

whats is the best to get to tikal from palenque? In palenque where can i find the information? Im planning a trip with friends to visit mayas ruins but my spanish isnt so good, so i dont want to get there and be stuck in palenque because i dont find the appropriate information.
      So, what is the easiest way to get to tikal, guatemala from palenque, chiapas?
      Thanks a lot
      kimedb

4 Answers Mar 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    • shortcut from Comitan to Frontera Corosal

Estado de Chiapas Dec 5, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Is there a back way to get from Comitan to Frontera Corozal without having to take HWY 199 ? It looks like there may be some villages near the border like Monte flor and Flor de Cacao, any recommendations?

• juniorista's Profile Photo

what to do after 1pm?

Palenque Jun 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM

i'm taking a 7.15am bus from san cristobal, so i should be getting to palenque by 12.30pm, from what it sounds like here. i figure by the time i get a hotel and everything else taken care of it would be around 1.30pm. what should i do for the rest of the day--besides seeing the ruins? i figure i'll go there early the next morning so that i'm not rushed.

1 Answer Jun 13, 2010 at 1:27 AM
    • GLBT Community in San Cristobal de las Casas

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jun 6, 2010 at 5:45 AM

I will be working in San Cristobal for a month this summer and am interested in connecting with the gay, lesbian, bisexual community; I have not been able to find any such information in tour books or on travel websites.

Please note---I am NOT interested in dating or a hook-up. I have spent a significant time in other parts of Mexico and am aware that it is a very conservative country. I want to be respectful of the cultural differences but am also looking to meet similar folks who I may not otherwise have an opportunity to meet and want to understand what their lives are like in Mexico.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 Answer Jun 7, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    • ralphjunior's Profile Photo

general car rental question

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Apr 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM

so i'm thinking of renting a car to drive from either san cristobal or tuxtla-gutierrez to cancun/puerto morelos in june. i checked on hertz/thrifty/etc sites and the prices seem the same as here in the u.s., around18/day....plus400 in taxes!!! please tell me that i can rent a car while i'm there without paying the taxes. or should i just bus it?

1 Answer May 1, 2010 at 5:40 AM
    • finding a doctor

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Feb 16, 2010 at 7:18 AM

My partner and I have been traveling for close to a year now and would like to find a doctor for some routine check ups. We are currently in Mexico and we will be in San Cristobal de las Casas soon. I have heard there is a small expat community here so we thought it might be a good place to find a doctor. Can anybody recommend a good doctor, preferably english speaking in the area, or a good place to find information. If somebody has information on doctors outside of San Cristobal in the south of Mexico that would also be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 18, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    • Chiapas Day Tour or Palenque only Tour?

Palenque Feb 15, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I just booked a tour starting from 6 am from San cristobal to Palenque. It will take me to Agua Azul Cascades,Misol-Ha Cascade, and Palenque Ruins. However, i am still thinking, if it is worth to just spend one day in Palenque and not doing the other two stuff.
      My situation is, I only have two days in Chiapas. I decided to go to canion sumidero on the first day. So basicaly i only have the second day for Palenque. I will take the five oclock bus to cancun from Palenque.
      I do want to see more stuff in Mexico because i am from Asia and everything will be so different from where I live...But if the other two places are not that great, I think i will be willing to drop them. But i do need some advice. Thanks a lot!!

3 Answers Jul 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    • Travel from Guatemala City to San Cristobal

Estado de Chiapas Dec 15, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Is there a way to get from Guatemala City to Chiapas, particularly San Cristobal without flying through Mexico City or without taking a chicken bus? A good bus would be fine or a van driver. Appreciate the info.

1 Answer Jul 12, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    • spanish classes and horsebackriding around san cristobal

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Dec 12, 2009 at 10:40 AM

hola! my friend and i will be in san cristobal jan.- feb. any advice about a good language school and oppurtunities to see the area by horseback would be very much appreciated! we are solo females in our 50's, will probably do a homestay , and love to ride. we want to see palenque, and any other "must see " sites we are able to in 2 weeks. i will stay on and hopefully take a medical spanish course for my last week to help with my nursing career in california-again any suggestions or contacts will be appreciated. thanks!

• Flying from oaxaca into san cristobal de las casas

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Dec 5, 2009 at 3:27 AM

Is that possible? I googled and everywhere it derives zero results when i key in the dates. It seems that flights only connects mexico city and san cristobal....

4 Answers Jul 12, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    • 2 weeks in Chiapas? is that too long?

Estado de Chiapas Nov 16, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I am planning a 2 weeks vacation and considering Chiapas, but I want to make sure there is enough to do there for 2 weeks. Is it too much time? I've already been to Oaxaca twice so not considering including that. What would be a reasonable itinerary in Chiapas if you had 2 weeks?

5 Answers Jul 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    • Best way to get to Palenque from Merida

Palenque Aug 4, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Hi I am looking to take a trip to Palenque from Merida. Can anyone suggest the best route to get there and prox driving time? Also are these toll or free roads?
      Thank you

2 Answers Jul 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM