Estado de Chiapas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• is it safe to travel from Reynosa to Monterrey

Monterrey Nov 19, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Is it safe to travel with my husband and children (ages 12, 10, 3) this Friday by bus from Reynosa to Monterrey?

• Constitution Day 2016 - observance on Feb. 1?

Mexico Nov 24, 2015 at 12:57 AM

We arrive in Cancun on Feb. 5 and I just discovered that it's Constitution Day. But the information at and Wikipedia says that it is observed on the first Monday in February regardless of which day is the actual holiday. Does that mean businesses are open as usual on Friday Feb. 5, 2016? I was planning to get a SIM card at Movistar right after we got off the plane. Thanks!

• Good travel guide books for Mayan sites?

Mexico Nov 9, 2015 at 3:39 PM

We are planning a 2 week road trip to see Mayan Archaeological sites Central and Southern Mexico. Our basic plan is to fly into Oxaca and fly out of Cancun. I did some preliminary research based on this google map:

I was looking on Amazon to buy a good guide book but most of the usual suspects (lonely planet, rogue etc) have pretty mediocre reviews. Most of the guide books seem to cater to "beach/resort" crowd. Do you guys recommend any specific guide book(s) which provide details about Mayan sites?

I already placed an order for An Archaeological Guide to Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula by Joyce Kelly but I am also looking to buy something more recent for general road tripping and accommodation planning.

• airport transporation

Manzanillo Nov 14, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Cheap transportation from airport into Manzanillo Mexico

• Mexican retailers

Mexico City Nov 5, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Hi there,
      I was just wanting to get some names of big fast-fashion (Zara, Forever 21, H&M-like) retailers that are Mexican owned.
      I'm struggling to find any information anywhere
      Thanks, RT

• Talavera pottery

Puerto Vallarta Oct 28, 2015 at 3:08 PM

I will be visiting PV in November and am looking for Talavera pottery of very good quality. Can you give me the name some shops and their addresses, please? Thank you for your assistance. Adriana F Kuhn

• ship shrimp to the US

Mazatlán Oct 26, 2015 at 9:11 PM

What do you have to do to bring shrimp back to the US

• cost of shrimp

Mazatlán Oct 26, 2015 at 9:07 PM

what is the cost of shrimp?

• Sailboat rental in Mazatlan

Mazatlán Nov 1, 2015 at 10:31 PM

I'm looking to stay in a sailboat while on vacation in Mazatlan. HAs anyone had experience with this. I'd like to rent from a local (airbnb, verbo, homeaway style)

And possibly charter the boat for a day or two if they're available to sail out with me.

• Sufficient funds for length of stay in Mexico

Mexico City Nov 3, 2015 at 2:57 AM

Could somebody please specify the amount of sufficient funds for staying in Mexico for a sum of 14 days? noting that I have a friend there who's offering accommodation and food.

• help! Transportation

Rosarito Oct 29, 2015 at 2:27 PM

I'm taking a group of 15 down to Rosarito for a work trip. We will mostly be in the hotel for meetings, but will be getting out for dinner and an activity per day. What is the best transportation for this? Are their taxi services? I can rent a charter bus from San Diego but then I would have to pay for them our whole trip, and I don't want to to that as we will only be needing transportion 2 or so times a day.

• best transportation from airport

Mazatlán Oct 26, 2015 at 9:09 PM

What is the best way to get to our hotels from the airport?

Monterrey Oct 30, 2015 at 8:46 AM

• Antihistimine in Mexico Avapena

Mexico Nov 14, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Im in mexico and my allergies are bothering me. I normally take Zyrtec or Allegra. The drug they have here is called Avapena. I cant find any references to a similar drug in the US. Is this a safe alternative?

• schmechi's Profile Photo

Palenque to Campeche

Palenque Aug 3, 2015 at 6:27 AM

How to get from Palenque to Campeche? Is there really no opportunity to rent a car in Palenque? Rates for individual shuttles are incredible expensive (fi offers a car drive for USD 500,00).

Are there any other (cheaper) options for individual shuttles?

3 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 10:45 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Tours to Guatemala

Palenque Jul 6, 2015 at 4:23 AM

Can you recommend tours of several days' duration from Palenque (or even San Cristobal de las Casas) to Guatemala? Do you know reliable tour operators?

2 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 1:48 PM
    • Safety in SCLC

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jun 4, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Hi there, traveling to SCLC in next month, we have seen in the news that demonstrators have blocked roads and taken over government buildings. Is it safe to travel there now,

Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions.

3 Answers Jun 4, 2015 at 9:51 AM
    • Driving from Phoenix to Cabo San Lucas: safe or not?

Baja May 14, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Planning to spend 2 weeks in Baja next summer, do some diving there, and considering whether it's safe or not to drive by car from Phoenix to Cabo San Lucas? And is it worth driving 1,3K miles or better to take a flight?

3 Answers May 15, 2015 at 3:48 PM
    • 2015 Dates for Senor de Esquipulas in Tenejapa?

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Dec 28, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Does anyone know the dates for the celebration in Tenejapa this year? As it is usually several days, is one day better than another for an outside observer? Also, there is supposed to be a small hotel/hostel in town but I cannot find contact information. Thanks for any help!

• Dates 2015 for Senor de Esquipulas in Tenejapa Chiapas

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Dec 28, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Does anyone know when Senor de Esquipulas will be observed in Tenejapa this year. I know it will be celebrated over several days: is one day better than another for an outsider to attend? Also there is reputed to be a small hotel or hostal in the town but I cannot find contact information. Thanks to anyone who can provide information!

• Transportation in El Pescadero and Todos Santos

Baja Oct 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Is there taxi and or bus service, in El Pescadero and Todos Santos?

1 Answer Oct 22, 2014 at 2:45 AM
    • Agraichen's Profile Photo

2014 Hurricane Odile Update

Baja Sep 18, 2014 at 5:01 PM

For anyone thinking of going to the Baja (La Paz, Cabo San Lucas, San Jose del Cabo or Todos Santos) especially the cities mentioned, in the upcoming month, consider changing your plans. The airports from Loreto south are closed to civilian traffic and only airlift and rescue flights are authorized in the wake of Hurricane Odile.

Loreto (LTO) is expected to open by 09/19 as they did not sustain as much damage as the southern cities. The "Cabo" airport near San Jose del Cabo is not expected to reopen for a month. The Cabo control tower has been said to be non operational.

Tropical storm Polo is heading north at this time but is beginning to turn west so hopefully Cabo will be spared additional rain and wind.

We have at least one active VT member in the middle of the heavily impacted area. Hopefully all is well as most of the area has no power or means of communication as cell, landline and internet service is out.

13 Answers Oct 5, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • deniferris's Profile Photo

Arriving at 7pm

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jul 8, 2014 at 3:59 PM

How does one get to San Cristobal from Tuxtla Gutierres airport?

2 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 7:35 AM
    • Maya tour plan question

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jun 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Hi there, could you do me a favor? I plan to spend around 4 days around San Cristóbal de Las Casas for Maya ruins, I already book round flight between mexico city and Tuxtla Gutierrez. Palenque, Yaxchilan, Bonampak, Tikal are my real destination.

Now I'm very comfused which city is the best choose to book hotel? as I will back to Mexico city from Tuxtla Gutierrez. And whether someone can recommend tour agent to book tour plan?

2 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 6:31 PM
    • travel from Cancun to San Cristobal de las Casas

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Mar 18, 2014 at 1:56 PM

We are flying to Cancun and would like to find an economical way to get to San Cristobal de las Casas in May. There are 3 of us and checking the air fares, they seem high. Would it make sense to drive? I understand it's about a twelve hour trip. Are there any interesting places to stop for the night?

5 Answers May 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
    • How to get from San Cristobal Chiapas early in the morning

Chiapas Mar 11, 2014 at 5:36 PM

We are having a hard time finding transportation very early in the morning from San Cristobal to the Tuxtla airport. The same thing late in the evening getting to San Cristobal. Anyone have any experience with this? Seems like everything shuts down early and late. I have heard there are cabs, but how expensive would an hour ride and how dangerous in the wee hours?

3 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    • KadriZ's Profile Photo

San Cristobal to Belize by bus

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jan 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Can anybody tell how to get from San Cristobal to Belize by bus? Is there any night buses? Please send me website where I can find the information.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM
    • KadriZ's Profile Photo

San Cristobal to Belize by bus

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jan 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Can anybody tell how to get from San Cristobal to Belize by bus? Is there any night buses? Please send me website where I can find the information.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM
    • what is the best, most centrally located hotel in san cristobal de las cases?

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Sep 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Who can recommend the best most centrally located hotel in San Cristobal de las cases?
      I'm bringing a small group in Feb. for an art and cutlural tour. 14 people.

• getting from las cristobal to cancun via guatemala

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Aug 24, 2013 at 2:44 AM

What is the Best road to travel on between las cristobal to cancun via guatemala?

thank you

1 Answer Aug 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    • Tour guides for touring areas surrounding san cristobal

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Aug 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I will be visiting san cristobal and would like to do ecoutourism trips in surrounding areas such as Las Nuebes.
      I am looking for a guide that knows the are.
      Thank You

3 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    • sujane80's Profile Photo

Local tour companies

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jun 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I am planning a trip to SC in July by myself and want to take a couple of guided tours of things like the waterfalls and the Mayan ruins - are there local tour companies there who run these all year round?

• Travel from Mexico City to San Cristobal de Las Casas by bus

San Cristóbal de Las Casas May 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM

What bus should I take from Mexico City to San Cristobal de Las Casas? What are the times it usually runs? Is it a safe option or should I take a plane instead? Any advice welcome! :]

4 Answers May 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    • Izapa Ruins and Tapachula

Tapachula Mar 29, 2012 at 8:24 AM

We will be visiting Puerto Chiapas in April on a cruise ship and are interested in a guide/tour from the ship to Izapa and then Tapachula.
      any ideas anyone

1 Answer Apr 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    • Tour Guide

Palenque Dec 5, 2011 at 7:42 PM

A small group (6)of us will be visiting Palenque in April 2012 and would like to arrange for a tour guide prior to our arrival. I have searched a number of webpages for names of personal guides, but have learned only that we can wait and get an official guide when we enter the ruins.
      Any help in finding a tour guide for one day will be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Jan 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM
    • El Panchan

Palenque Aug 18, 2011 at 2:14 PM

My friend and i traveling in Mexico (backpackers).
      I'm going to be in Palenque in two weeks, and i have heard about El Panchan.
      1)Is this a good place to spend there 2 days, or something like that?
      we like live shows, nature, meet people all over.

2)Someone know maybe the price range there? we are staying in hostels most of the time with paying10usd per night so can i find something like that there?

Thank you all!

• colectivo from palenque to tikal

Palenque Mar 20, 2011 at 10:44 AM

whats is the best to get to tikal from palenque? In palenque where can i find the information? Im planning a trip with friends to visit mayas ruins but my spanish isnt so good, so i dont want to get there and be stuck in palenque because i dont find the appropriate information.
      So, what is the easiest way to get to tikal, guatemala from palenque, chiapas?
      Thanks a lot

4 Answers Mar 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    • shortcut from Comitan to Frontera Corosal

Estado de Chiapas Dec 5, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Is there a back way to get from Comitan to Frontera Corozal without having to take HWY 199 ? It looks like there may be some villages near the border like Monte flor and Flor de Cacao, any recommendations?

• juniorista's Profile Photo

what to do after 1pm?

Palenque Jun 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM

i'm taking a 7.15am bus from san cristobal, so i should be getting to palenque by 12.30pm, from what it sounds like here. i figure by the time i get a hotel and everything else taken care of it would be around 1.30pm. what should i do for the rest of the day--besides seeing the ruins? i figure i'll go there early the next morning so that i'm not rushed.

1 Answer Jun 13, 2010 at 1:27 AM
    • GLBT Community in San Cristobal de las Casas

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Jun 6, 2010 at 5:45 AM

I will be working in San Cristobal for a month this summer and am interested in connecting with the gay, lesbian, bisexual community; I have not been able to find any such information in tour books or on travel websites.

Please note---I am NOT interested in dating or a hook-up. I have spent a significant time in other parts of Mexico and am aware that it is a very conservative country. I want to be respectful of the cultural differences but am also looking to meet similar folks who I may not otherwise have an opportunity to meet and want to understand what their lives are like in Mexico.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 Answer Jun 7, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    • ralphjunior's Profile Photo

general car rental question

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Apr 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM

so i'm thinking of renting a car to drive from either san cristobal or tuxtla-gutierrez to cancun/puerto morelos in june. i checked on hertz/thrifty/etc sites and the prices seem the same as here in the u.s., around18/day....plus400 in taxes!!! please tell me that i can rent a car while i'm there without paying the taxes. or should i just bus it?

1 Answer May 1, 2010 at 5:40 AM
    • finding a doctor

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Feb 16, 2010 at 7:18 AM

My partner and I have been traveling for close to a year now and would like to find a doctor for some routine check ups. We are currently in Mexico and we will be in San Cristobal de las Casas soon. I have heard there is a small expat community here so we thought it might be a good place to find a doctor. Can anybody recommend a good doctor, preferably english speaking in the area, or a good place to find information. If somebody has information on doctors outside of San Cristobal in the south of Mexico that would also be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 18, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    • Chiapas Day Tour or Palenque only Tour?

Palenque Feb 15, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I just booked a tour starting from 6 am from San cristobal to Palenque. It will take me to Agua Azul Cascades,Misol-Ha Cascade, and Palenque Ruins. However, i am still thinking, if it is worth to just spend one day in Palenque and not doing the other two stuff.
      My situation is, I only have two days in Chiapas. I decided to go to canion sumidero on the first day. So basicaly i only have the second day for Palenque. I will take the five oclock bus to cancun from Palenque.
      I do want to see more stuff in Mexico because i am from Asia and everything will be so different from where I live...But if the other two places are not that great, I think i will be willing to drop them. But i do need some advice. Thanks a lot!!

3 Answers Jul 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    • Travel from Guatemala City to San Cristobal

Estado de Chiapas Dec 15, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Is there a way to get from Guatemala City to Chiapas, particularly San Cristobal without flying through Mexico City or without taking a chicken bus? A good bus would be fine or a van driver. Appreciate the info.

1 Answer Jul 12, 2010 at 3:44 PM