Travel Answers
Estado de Baja California Norte

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tips and must do in Ensenada in 2 days?

Ensenada Apr 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM

19 year old college daughter and I are going to Ensenada for 2 days tomorrow -- we are both outdoorsy, nature lovers, also both speak Spanish and love culture and meeting people. Not big shoppers. At home staying at a really inexpensive hotel or a nice resort. We are renting a car in San Diego and driving down. Already have hotel reservations. Thanks!!

more
    • Walking into Tijuana

Tijuana Mar 25, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I've been across many times, but the last time, the new pedestrian route was a difficult walk for me. Are there now any reasonable alternatives ? Mexicoach used to run a cross border bus, but they were very unreliable. I think there must be some other way - I'm not the only one who would have difficulty with the new pedestrian crossing.

more
    • Crossing from tijuana to San Diego

Tijuana Apr 14, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I'm in tijuana right now and do not have a passport i want to walk across with my ID and birth certificate if i'm a US citizen?

more
    • walking into the US from Tijuana

Tijuana Apr 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM

My passport was recently stolen while I have been in Mazatlan. I went to the US Consulate to find out what to do. The options they suggested were to get an emergency passport (which will take 3 days, so cant leave until 4 days from now) or to get to the border and walk across if I have a drivers license. I decided to do the latter, where I can fly to Tijuana tomorrow and then take a plane from San Diego to home. My question is, how much time should I plan on getting from Tijuana airport to border, cross the border, and get to the San Diego airport (I get in at 2:30 on a Tue)? What about a bus from TIJ airport across the border if I don't have a passport?

more
    • Why are public restrooms so scarce in Ensenada ?

Ensenada Apr 12, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Why are public restrooms scarce in Ensenada ?

more
    • giant pot holes

Ensenada Apr 13, 2014 at 3:07 PM

When we got home from one of our trips to ensenada, I had to buy a new tire rim. the car made it home to dana point ca. because the air came out slow enough not to cause a flat too soon. whats wrong with that city that they leave the same pot holes there that get bigger over time and they don't know how to repair pot holes in the street ? that one was hard to avoid hitting because it was either hit that or get hit by another car, they drive like they're nuts there too.

more

Popular Estado de Baja California Norte Travel Answer Locations

• Crossing from tijuana to San Diego

Tijuana Apr 14, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I'm in tijuana right now and do not have a passport i want to walk across with my ID and birth certificate if i'm a US citizen?

5 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • walking into the US from Tijuana

Tijuana Apr 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM

My passport was recently stolen while I have been in Mazatlan. I went to the US Consulate to find out what to do. The options they suggested were to get an emergency passport (which will take 3 days, so cant leave until 4 days from now) or to get to the border and walk across if I have a drivers license. I decided to do the latter, where I can fly to Tijuana tomorrow and then take a plane from San Diego to home. My question is, how much time should I plan on getting from Tijuana airport to border, cross the border, and get to the San Diego airport (I get in at 2:30 on a Tue)? What about a bus from TIJ airport across the border if I don't have a passport?

5 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 9:04 PM
    • giant pot holes

Ensenada Apr 13, 2014 at 3:07 PM

When we got home from one of our trips to ensenada, I had to buy a new tire rim. the car made it home to dana point ca. because the air came out slow enough not to cause a flat too soon. whats wrong with that city that they leave the same pot holes there that get bigger over time and they don't know how to repair pot holes in the street ? that one was hard to avoid hitting because it was either hit that or get hit by another car, they drive like they're nuts there too.

7 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • Why are public restrooms so scarce in Ensenada ?

Ensenada Apr 12, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Why are public restrooms scarce in Ensenada ?

6 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    • Tips and must do in Ensenada in 2 days?

Ensenada Apr 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM

19 year old college daughter and I are going to Ensenada for 2 days tomorrow -- we are both outdoorsy, nature lovers, also both speak Spanish and love culture and meeting people. Not big shoppers. At home staying at a really inexpensive hotel or a nice resort. We are renting a car in San Diego and driving down. Already have hotel reservations. Thanks!!

1 Answer Apr 2, 2014 at 5:20 AM
    • Walking into Tijuana

Tijuana Mar 25, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I've been across many times, but the last time, the new pedestrian route was a difficult walk for me. Are there now any reasonable alternatives ? Mexicoach used to run a cross border bus, but they were very unreliable. I think there must be some other way - I'm not the only one who would have difficulty with the new pedestrian crossing.

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 1:37 PM
    • Rosarita or Tijuana - Help please!

Tijuana Mar 15, 2014 at 2:58 AM

We are going on a holiday to San Diego and would like to pop over the border into Mexico for a few days....should we stay in Tijuana or go somewhere like Rosarita and drive into Tijuana for the day? Thanks for your help! Danielle

7 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 3:56 PM
    • Northern Baja California

México Mar 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm after opinions about heading to Mexico from the States for a couple of days. I don't particularly want to go to Tijuana, but I'm wondering if there are some nice places within easy distance from the U.S border.

We love little, not-so-touristy towns, beachside fishing villages preferably :)

I get the feeling this is a very built up part of the world though....

If anyone has suggestions it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks,

8 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 4:23 PM
    • are the perscription drugs safe if purchased from the Purple drug store in Algodones

Algodones Feb 27, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Are the prescription drugs sold at the Purple Pharmacy safe?

6 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Driving from tecate mexico to ensenada

Tecate Feb 26, 2014 at 9:54 AM

My wife and I are driving a motorcycle from Tecate to Ensenada the first of April. Has anyone driven this lately? Some say it is a nice ride and some say the pavement ends periodically and there are a lot of patches of dirt road. Can anyone clarify? Thanks.

10 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 4:57 PM
    • Policia shake down

Tecate Feb 24, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Is this one of the better boarder crossings where shakedowns happen infrequently...or do you recommend a different crossing back into the USA?

8 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    • Driving to Ensenada or Rosarito with kids

Estado de Baja California Norte Feb 14, 2014 at 11:51 AM

My husband and I want to drive down and spend Saturday and Sunday in either Ensenada or Rosarito. I speak Spanish fluently and we have updated passports. We would like to stay somewhere with our niece and our two small children. Is there anything we really need to know? Is the route safe now that the road has collapsed? Hotel recommendations?

3 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 3:34 PM
    • Driving a Motorcycle from San Dieago to Ensenada

Ensenada Feb 13, 2014 at 9:25 AM

My wife and I are thinking for driving our motorcycle there the first of April. We will find a hotel with lock parking before we get there. It is just be two people on one bike. I know there is always some risk when you travel but what I have been reading it does not appear to be unreasonalby risky. Does anyone have any experience with this.

4 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    • Do i need a valid US passport to fly out of Tijuana?

Tijuana Feb 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Hello,
      I am going on a trip with some friends to Los Cabos and we will be flying out of Tijuana airport. Will we need a U.S passport for this or would valid ID and birth certificate be okay?

11 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    • one day travel to TIJUANA

Tijuana Feb 3, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Im going to Tijuana airport to pick up my husband, I have a passport but my sons just expired this December, would we either be able to walk across or drive across with no problem?

7 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 12:46 PM
    • Daughter "moved" to Ensenada

Tijuana Feb 1, 2014 at 8:33 PM

My daughter, her boyfriend and dog packed up and moved to Ensenada at Thanksgiving 2013 without passports. I am so worried about her decision, could someone please tell me will she be able to get back in the U.S. (she was born & raised in Dallas, Texas)? Will she be able to bring her dog home? If so what will she need? I know I will need these answers as she often does impulsive things and creates life drama......

15 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 8:25 PM
    • Seafood Restaurant

Ensenada Jan 25, 2014 at 8:47 AM

I haven't been in Ensenada for years and was looking forward for lunch at Casamar which I understand has closed. Has any great seafood restaurant replaced it?

Al

2 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    • spa and message

Ensenada Jan 12, 2014 at 4:26 PM

where are spa and message foot facial hot tub

2 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 11:37 AM
    • how can I fly into san felipe

San Felipe Dec 30, 2013 at 4:45 PM

How can I fly into San Felipe from LA or San Diego?
      GRACIAS

2 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    • Sending Packages

Tijuana Dec 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

What is the procedure for sending packages from Tijuana to the interior of Mexico?

4 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    • apartment rentals in Rosarito

Rosarito Nov 12, 2013 at 6:04 PM

where is the best place to find ads for apartment rentals i Rosarito? so far i have looked on craig's list and vivanuncios. both english and spanish are fine.

1 Answer Nov 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    • Alagator's Profile Photo

Drive to Guerrero Negro to see whales

México Nov 8, 2013 at 9:00 AM

We'd like to drive down hwy 1 from Tijuana to Guerrero Negro to see the whales this coming Feb-Mar. Is the drive down safe? We're always reading of the violence in Mexico.
      Any tips for the trip?

2 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    • custom made shoes

Tijuana Oct 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM

My wife and I would like to have custom made shoes for us. Who does this in Tijuana?

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM
    • Hiking. Nature near Ensenada?

Ensenada Oct 20, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I'm thinking of staying in Ensenada for a week this Christmas with my girlfriend. We love to hike and enjoy nature. Opportunities in or near Ensenada?

1 Answer Oct 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    • in need of shopping suggestions

Tijuana Oct 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM

where should i go to buy cowboy boots rite now near the east border of Tj(Otay). and well im also in search of renting poss. buying a home here any suggestions

1 Answer Oct 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    • Horario de Algodones

Algodones Oct 15, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Are the shops and restaurants open on Sunday?

• Green card holder crossing Tijuana

Tijuana Oct 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Any experience if I return to US by land in Tijuana after beeing absent for more than one year, when I went to Mexico city and i got "Stock" in a love issue? Do they pass the green card in the magnetic strip machine an would showed that I left US in San Diego airport 2 years ago? Or..they just see the green card and passport and some questions?Thaks.

5 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 9:55 PM
    • Food in Ensenada

Ensenada Oct 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Hi all, I read the reviews about the best of food in and around Ensenada however, I am a very adventurous eater and want to explore different experiences. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM
    • Linakins's Profile Photo

Any Vaccines Required?

Ensenada Sep 29, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Are any vaccines required to do a few hours excursion in Ensenada?

3 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    • Taxis and currency

Tijuana Sep 27, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Do taxi drivers in Tijuana accept American currency?

5 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM