Estado da Paraíba

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sao Paulo airport; ATM machines

Sao Paulo May 11, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Are there ATM machines in the Sao Paulo airport? What cards are accepted? Where are the machines?

more
    • p.k.prasad's Profile Photo

any indians at rio de janeiro

Rio de Janeiro 15 hours ago

any indians who can guide me at rio de janeiro

more
    • Fortal 2015 Carnaval

Fortaleza May 14, 2015 at 5:21 AM

Hi all,

I will be in Fortaleza with a friend on the 25-26 of july and i wanted to take tickets for the Fortal 2015. I struggle to find any info on it away from the the official website in portuguese.

Do you guys know which tickets i should buy? And what should i expect from it? Is there any particular package?

I wanted to go for the Camarote Mucuripe (Sab+Dom), but it is impossible to understand what i will get for that and how i would collect my ticket.

Any info would be welcome.

If anyone will attend happy to get in touch to go as a group as well

more
    • Snorkelling in Ilha Grande

Ilha Grande May 13, 2015 at 4:16 AM

Which side of Ihla Grande, Brazil is the best to visit for snorkelling enthusiasts? Is this island worth visiting for snorkelling? Any advice or suggestions appreciated!

more
    • Transportation from Trancoso

Trancoso Apr 23, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Hi, I'm new here! I'm travelling from London to Trancoso in May! My return (domestic) flight is early in the morning (5.30am) from Porto Seguro.

How is transportation like in the early hours of the morning (2-3am)? is there a reliable bus service that runs at that time or are taxis available? And around how much would it cost? How long should I allow for travel, and is it safe to travel at that time?

Cheers for your time!
      Bernard

more
    • p.k.prasad's Profile Photo

how many days to see brazil

Rio de Janeiro 15 hours ago

how many days to see brazil

more
    • Jack_Tsel's Profile Photo

6 weeks in Brasilia

Brazil May 13, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Hello, i'm a student and planning to participate in a volunteer program for 6 weeks this summer. Among my options for destinations is Brasilia(also Serbia,Egypt,Russia and Tunisia), which seems to be more appealing to me since i live in Greece and i think it will be once in a lifetime experience to go that far and also sounds quite exotic. Is it worth? is the weather good in July? Google search for images shows mostly buildings and lacks people and life is it as it seems?

more
    • dengue fever

Brazil May 12, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Next month (June) we are traveling to Sao Paulo, Iguazu Falls, Belo Horizonte, and Rio de Janeiro. Any word about the severity (or absence) of dengue fever?

more
    • 4 weeks in September

Brazil May 11, 2015 at 7:14 AM

Hi all,

three of us (students in the twenties) are planning to travel through Brazil for four weeks in September. We have never been to South America before, yet are fairly experienced traveler. I've read the northeast should be a good time to travel for September.

What do you think? Any recommendations for a route?

I'd prefer a mix of coast and inland, though I have no idea if that is possible to realize ;).

Thanks a lot guys!!

more
    • safety around tiete rodovaria

Sao Paulo Apr 24, 2015 at 12:58 PM

How safe is it for the average old-lady tourist around tiete rodovaria?
      Can anyone recommend a hostel nearby?

more
    • RodolfoBrasil's Profile Photo

Questions about Airbnb

Brasil May 2, 2015 at 10:29 AM

I wish to start using the services of Airbnb and I have read enough on the subject. However I have some uncertainty and "insecurity", since it always deals with a physical and not a legal entity. I know of cases of cancellations at the last minute and other disorders, which ultimately undermine the credibility of the service.

Does anyone have a long experience in using this website?

Already, thank you.

Rodolfo

more

Popular Estado da Paraíba Travel Answer Locations

• Does Mapple Bear International school in Joao Pessoa have a 7-12th grade program?

João Pessoa Apr 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM

We are considering moving to Joao Pessoa for a few years with our 13 and 15 year old kids. We have heard there is a new international school in JP but I can't find out which grades it has, obviously we would be looking for a secondary level international school. Thanks so much - T.J. & David

2 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    • Flights From UK & Internal Flights between JP & Rio Visit Advice

João Pessoa Feb 15, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Hi,

I am looking to visit Joao Pessoa first and then travel down to Rio and fly back from Rio to the UK and I am hoping someone can advise on the below:

1) Websites that I should be looking at when booking flights / Advice on flights from UK and onwards to Rio?
      2) Suggestions on how many days I should spend in JP and Rio?

I am completing on a property which I am purchasing in JP so I was intending to fly out around 15th March and then perhaps stay a few days and travel on to Rio.

Flights appear to be around £727 with TAM flying from London to Recife return and £634 from Manchester to Rio return.

Manchester is closer to where I live however I would need to book internal flights either Recife and Rio or JP and Rio, so any advice on the above would be appericated?

Thanks

5 Answers Feb 22, 2011 at 3:29 AM
    • Rainy Season in Joao Pessoa

João Pessoa Feb 8, 2010 at 1:09 PM

I'm considering bringing my family of four (including two small children) to Joao Pessoa for the month of May and the first part of June. I’ve learned, however, that this is right during the rainy season. Can someone explain the rainy season during this time? Does it consist of long, rainy days, or are there still lots of sunny, but humid days with quick and heavy downpours that occur usually during a particular part of the day or evening?

Muito obrigada!

Lorizinha

2 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM
    • internet service

João Pessoa Oct 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I am trying to find out who the dsl or cable internet providers are in the area, any help ? we are thinking of moving to the area but dsl or cable internet is a must for work purposes

1 Answer Oct 10, 2009 at 1:55 AM
    • moving to joao pessoa

João Pessoa May 31, 2008 at 11:32 AM

I am looking to possibly move to Joao Pessoa for 6-12 months. I would be interested in renting a 1bdr apartment in a safe area. I want a place that is within a few miles from the beach (biking distance).
      As I work online, high speed internet is a necessity (cable/dsl). I will repeat that as to stress the importance of it, as I work online, high speed internet is a necessity (cable/dsl).

1. How much would I expect to pay monthly for a place like this? (Ideally I would only like to spend200-$300 USD monthly) Are there places available that suite my needs? If so, where can I find them at or who can I call?

2. I dont plan on owning a vehicle of any sort, just a bicycle. Are taxi's inexpensive?

3. Living in Joao Pessoa, what would I expect to pay per month for each the following:
      Rent -
      Electricity -
      Internet -
      Cell Phone -
      Food -
      Gym Membership -

I appreciate any feedback you can provide me with.
      Thanks,
      -Gabe

3 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • lfa11's Profile Photo

Traveling to Joao Pessoa in mid June

João Pessoa May 20, 2008 at 7:24 AM

Hi there!
      I'm going to JP around the 19th of June, and I'm wondering how much rain I should expect at that time of the year (I'll be there for a week). How far is JP from "Praia da Pipa"? Is it doable as a day trip? Thanks
      Luiz

8 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    • schools, suburbs

João Pessoa Oct 27, 2006 at 10:07 PM

Hi, We are considering moving to Joao Pessoa and would like to know if there are any english or bilingual primary schools around? Can anyone recommend some safe suburbs to live in?

thanks for your help

4 Answers Mar 21, 2012 at 6:14 AM
    • zappe50's Profile Photo

Motorcycles.

Campina Grande Jun 6, 2006 at 1:42 AM

Hello.
      I am a swedish man that have found my love in Campina Grande.I am mooving there in the fall to settle down and to marry her.In Sweden i had a fairly big bike ( Suzuki Intruder 1400 cc ) and i´m going to buy something similar to that.But when i have been visiting C.G. i have noticed that there are only " small " bikes there.150 cc - 250 cc.This is not satisfactory for me so if there are someone that can tip me where to buy a bigger bike ,i would apreciate it a lot.Then i would allso apreciate any other good and useful tips for my mooval there.

8 Answers Oct 5, 2006 at 1:43 AM
    • travelling in June

João Pessoa Apr 14, 2006 at 8:22 AM

My husband and I are travelling to Recife on 1st June. We intend to spend about a week in recife before moving on to Joao Pessoa for a few days and then Natal for a few more days before returning to Recife on the 20th to fly home. We are considering buying a property in one of these areas or possibly in a village or town nearby. We would like to know which areas to avoid, which are good areas and can anyone recommend a good agent.
      We hope to hire a car. we are English but have lived in Spain for three years where the standard of driving is attrocious so are used to unpredictable driving. Is Brazilian driving worse? Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel in any of these towns or areas. Also some advice on what to do in these areas while we are there would be appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 21, 2006 at 12:16 PM
    • BillBrown2010's Profile Photo

Seeking Online João Pessoa Street Map

João Pessoa Nov 13, 2005 at 4:45 PM

If you know of a site with a João Pessoa street map, please post the link. TIA.

1 Answer Nov 13, 2005 at 5:20 PM
    • mschwar's Profile Photo

Praia de Tambaba

Estado da Paraíba Apr 1, 2005 at 6:38 PM

I heard that you could only go to Tambaba if you were with a partner. Is this true? And if so is that the case with the whole beach or are there any parts of the beach that are "open?"

2 Answers Apr 2, 2005 at 1:20 PM