Estado Amazonas Travel Answers

change location

Orinoco River

by 1alex Online Now Jul 23, 2004 at 6:38 PM

Whats to see from puerto ordaz.If you had 2 weeks in venezuela what would you do

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • spanishl's Profile Photo

Re: Orinoco River

by spanishl Online Now Aug 2, 2004 at 11:57 PM

Hello! I was born in Caracas and I´ve lived in Puerto Ordaz for 18 years. I haven´t been there since 1998, so I do not know how much things had changed. I would recommed you visiting (within the city limit) "El parque Cachamay", "El Parque La llovizna", and nearby the city, not to far away, The Guri electrical dam (second largest dam in south america), and there is a couple of new dams within the city as well: Macagua II, Macagua. Do not go downtown San Felix since it could be unsaved for a turist. Also If you´d like to see a colonial city you could go to Ciudad Bolivar (100 kilometers from Pto. Ordaz) and cheackout the Orinoco river bridge. Then, from Puerto Ordaz you can take a flight to Canaima, which is a beautiful national park where the angels fall (the hightest waterfall in the world) is located (do a search in google), and by road you probably can hired a turist company to take you to "La gran sabana" national park, where there are lots of waterfalls, and very particular type of flat mountains called "tepuis" or "tepuyes" by the indians. Well if you have any more question, do not hesitate to contact me. Hasta Luego!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • spanishl's Profile Photo

Re: Orinoco River

by spanishl Online Now Aug 3, 2004 at 12:02 AM

Hello again, Having 2 weeks of vacation, you could also take a plane to "Los Roques", beautiful little islands north of Vzla. I do not recommend Caracas right now, since Vzla is going trought a very bad political situation and I do not think is too save now (sorry about that, Caraqueños)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Estado Amazonas Travel Answer Locations