Travel Answers
Essex

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What to do ti kill time in Stansted Airport?

Stansted Apr 6, 2014 at 9:40 AM

We plan to checkin at Stansted Radisson Hotel around 4 pm. Will stay a night to catch a morning flight. Anything we can do to kill some time and have an early dinner besides the airport?

5 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 12:50 PM
    • DebraB16's Profile Photo

I want to know best place to have fun in southend

Southend-on-Sea Feb 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM

What is the well known entertainment area in Southend by the sea front called?

3 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:42 AM
    • bkprs2's Profile Photo

transportation

Clacton-on-Sea Aug 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM

What does it cost to get from Brussels to Clacton on Sea by ferry, train or small plane?

9 Answers Aug 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM
    • What to do

Clacton-on-Sea Aug 23, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I'm staying in st osyths- what is there to do on this rainy day?! Can travel up to 20 miles, something indoor and that will keep my nan and my 5 year old boy happy!

2 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM
    • FISH AND CHIPS

Clacton-on-Sea Jul 21, 2013 at 7:54 AM

WHAT IS GEOS FISH & CHIP RESTAURANT LIKE? AND DOES IT SELL ALCOHOL? WHAT ARE THE PRICES LIKE?

2 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    • help please

Clacton-on-Sea Jun 28, 2013 at 1:02 AM

from clacton on sea train station how far is it to walk to weeley park resort ? someone told me 5 mins

4 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    • Coach Trips to the Eden Project in Cornwall

Southend-on-Sea Jun 6, 2013 at 4:38 AM

Any recommendations for this ? 3-4 day break envisaged.

1 Answer Jun 6, 2013 at 5:30 AM
    • LarryN3's Profile Photo

Harwich train station at port to Stansted Airport

Harwich Jan 24, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Can anyone help me plan a trip from a cruise dock at Harwich to Stansted Airport in the early morning approximately 8am. I have a flight that boards at 12:30 pm. Thanks for your replies in advance.

3 Answers Jan 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    • wine purchase

Harwich Jan 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Is there a store at the Harwich Port to buy wine before boarding a cruise ship?

4 Answers Jan 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    • Help! ways to get to Cambridge, UK from Harwich on a Sunday

Harwich Jul 24, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Help! My family of 5 is traveling from Hook of Holland on the Stena line and arriving in Harwich on a Sunday morning. Car rental companies are not open so we need to get to Cambridge, where we can pick up a rental car. What is the most reasonable way to get to Cambridge? I checked into Greater Anglia train/bus but I must pick the tickets up at a self service machine station and Harwich is not one of them. Also, we do not reside in the UK, so we do not have a postal address in the UK?

Any suggustions?

18 Answers Jul 30, 2012 at 1:24 AM
    • 52karyn's Profile Photo

Travel from Paris to Harwich

Harwich May 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I am travelling to Paris prior to cruising on the RCCL Jewel of the Seas. How the heck do I get to Harwich from Paris? I know EasyJet has a cheap flight to Luton, but I cannot figure out how to get from Luton to Harwich. There do not seem to be any cheaper flights from Paris to anywhere near Harwich.

5 Answers May 9, 2012 at 1:41 AM
    • tayloretc's Profile Photo

Harlow and environs

Harlow Oct 6, 2011 at 12:02 PM

There's a chance I'll be working in Harlow for an extended time, and I'm hoping someone can help answer a couple of questions.

1) It looks like a commuting suburb of London - is that true?
      2) How is the cost of living compared to London?
      3) How easy is it to find short- (3 month) to mid-term (6-9 month) self-catering types of flats in a town like that?
      4) Ideally I'd like to walk, but I see there's a train line that stops close to where I'd be working - relying on public transportation, are there places nearby where it would be better to live? Big or small towns are both fine.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

16 Answers Oct 8, 2011 at 12:10 AM
    • NIGHTLIFE

Brentwood Aug 9, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Hiya !!! can any1 help....wil b there at the wkd....off 2 sugarhut.....wots on in or nr brentwood saturday night....13th aug.....karaoke anywhr ??????

3 Answers Aug 11, 2011 at 1:05 AM
    • Car Hire

Harwich Feb 2, 2011 at 6:34 AM

I need to hire a car one way from Harwich Port to Gatwick Airport north Terminal,is this possible?Mike

4 Answers Feb 8, 2011 at 1:41 AM
    • Question about early documents

Harwich Oct 21, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Hi! I'm looking for quotes from Christopher Jones or others of his time about preparing for the Mayflower Voyage, charting the course, etc. Does anyone know of a place where I could look?

3 Answers Nov 17, 2010 at 4:38 AM
    • pier

Clacton-on-Sea Sep 30, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I just wanted to no more about the pier, i'm taking my kids there, there from 11-14 and wondered if it had ride's there 4 there age and if it was pay per ride or pay on entrance.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2010 at 3:25 AM
    • Hello, nice to meet you

Clacton-on-Sea Jul 3, 2010 at 6:19 AM

could you tell me the opening and closing times of the pier, as I am a fisherman and would very much like to try this pier ?

2 Answers Jul 4, 2010 at 1:23 AM
    • Things to do near Stansted Airport

Stansted May 30, 2010 at 4:23 AM

I have 3 hours between flights at Stansted airport in July. Can anyone recommend any towns/villages nearby (within 30-45 mins of the airport) to wander around?
      Thanks.

4 Answers Jun 20, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    • Rental Car at Harwich Cruise Port

Harwich Apr 17, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I would like to rent a car from the Harwich cruise port, but can't seem to find any. I found Hertz and Budget in other towns like Ipswich, however, can't find out if they can deliver a car or what would be the easiest (cheapest) way to go after the car. What would you do?

Thanks for any help.

3 Answers Apr 19, 2010 at 5:31 AM
    • what is it like living in Thaxted

Thaxted Jan 29, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Hello, we are thinking of moving to north Essex, we want to be somewhere where there is plenty of character , nice local friendly pubs and nice locals. We also need to be reasonably close to a train station to commute to London for work.Also want to be able to go for lovely walks and interesting places to visit around the area. Hope someone can give us some advice.
      Cheers, Kind Regards Belles

5 Answers Jan 30, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    • Buses from Stansted

Essex Sep 9, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Does anybody know if there is a bus service that takes passengers from home to Stansted Airport ?
      There is one for Gatwick (the Gatwick Express )- but I don't know if there is an equivalent for Stansted.

4 Answers Sep 17, 2009 at 8:17 AM
    • Water Sports

Southend-on-Sea Jul 29, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any place in southend on sea where we can do rowing, canoeing, kayaking etc. if so what are the prices and where is it situated?

I would be grateful if you could get back to me.

Thank you,

Amina

2 Answers Jul 29, 2009 at 8:36 AM
    • Where can i go to take picture for 1 day near Stansted Airport? (Walking distance) Is it safe?

Stansted Jun 6, 2009 at 4:47 AM

Where can i go to take picture for 1 day near Stansted Airport? (Walking distance) Is it safe?

if need to use trnasport, what is the nearest place? and how much is the fare?

thank you.

4 Answers Jun 7, 2009 at 6:47 AM
    • I will have a problem to bypass stansted immigration? im asian moslem & my wife arab moroccan

Stansted Jun 5, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I will have a problem to bypass stansted immigration? im asian moslem & my wife arab moroccan

i wanna stay only 2 days in london while waiting for ryan air to morocco

me, my wife and 1 year old kid is with me

i can show my credit card and ryan air online booking,(to show we got money) but im affraid they will not accept us because:

1. i grow beard (but i cut it until little, and will wear a cap when entering)

2. in the passport stated that ive been to pakistan,saudi arabia

3. my wife is moroccan (but will change the attire until not look like moslem)

pls advise me

13 Answers Jun 6, 2009 at 2:05 AM
    • Need Guidance Using standstedexpress from = Stansted Airport To Luton Airport

Stansted Jun 2, 2009 at 12:03 PM

hi there..

(my journey is from Standsted Airport to Luton Airport)

i got 2 big bags, and i heard we can use standstedexpress, because we cannot bring 2 big bags inside the buses.

my question is,

what destination should i choose from standstedexpress (underneath stansted airport) if i wanna go to Luton Airport? which one should i choose? London Liverpool Street or Totenham Hale?

please advise..

3 Answers Jun 3, 2009 at 10:29 AM
    • How much is the cost using taxi from Stansted to Luton Airport?

Stansted Jun 2, 2009 at 9:08 AM

How much is the cost using taxi from Stansted Airport to Luton Airport?

If i got 2 big bags, can i use the bus?

2 Answers Jun 2, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    • 2 days in Kent

Colchester Apr 23, 2009 at 9:08 AM

We are travelling in a party of 4 and have 2 days to tour Whitstable and surrounds by rental car, before boarding a cruise ship to St Petersburg from Harwich. Any ideas of where we should spend the 2 nights or how and where we should spend the time
      Hope someone can give an idea or two. Also we would like to pick up a car at Heathrow Airport any suggestions which car hire company to us.
      Thanks

2 Answers Apr 23, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    • Hi all, Cheap Way To Go To Luton Airport?

Stansted Apr 18, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Hi all,

there will be 2 adult and 1 infant.

from stansted airport, i wanna go to Luton Airport.

1. what is the cheapest way to go to Luton Airport?

2. name of the cheap hostel or hotel near Luton Airport?

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 18, 2009 at 11:53 PM
    • Inexpensive hotels near Stansted airport

Stansted Feb 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Hi,

I have to stay overnight near Stansted airport to catch an early morning flight. Can anybody recommend an inexpensive hotel near the airport?

Thanks.

5 Answers Feb 19, 2009 at 5:08 AM
    • litaplaza's Profile Photo

Harwich, U.K.

Harwich Jan 24, 2009 at 12:57 AM

Will be visiting Harwich for the day in May. Any ineresting places to see and do? Can we walk from the port to town? Any suggestion? Thanks.

5 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 5:12 PM