Essen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• camping sites

Paderborn Jul 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM

could anyone recommend a camping site near sennerlager army camp we will be visiting family in august

more
    • Railway station

Höxter Jul 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Has Hoexter a railway station? Or I can get there only a bus?

more
    • Are the shops open on sundays?

Duisburg Jun 27, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Iam planning to visit Duisburg on 29-06-2014 and i wonder if the shops are open for selling clothes?

more
    • My first visit to Germany

Cologne Jul 19, 2014 at 6:41 PM

having a hard time deciding wether to buy a railpass or airline ticket. Will land in Dusseldorf then train to Cologne where I stay for few days, then I want to go to Munich for two-three days, take a day trip to the castle, then I go to Italy to Genoa then to Brindisi. Panicking now with all the tips I get about what to do to communicate with my family in the USA (this is my first trip to Germany) get a prepaid phone card as I;ve done in the past or a SIMs card? I will arrive in Germany first week of September, my friend told me the climate will be cold.

more
    • Aachen to Amsterdam

Aachen Jul 8, 2014 at 3:59 AM

What is the cheapest way to go to Amsterdam from Aachen this friday?

more
    • Gluten Free Restaurants

by Kameelkeshav Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Please can you advise me of gluten free restaurants in Essen. I am staying at the welcome hotel.

1 Answer Jan 13, 2014 at 5:48 AM
    • Frankfurt to Essen

by mariagn Online Now Jan 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM

How can I go from Frankfurt to Essen?Which is the best way? And which one is the cheapest way?

Thanks,

Maria.

5 Answers Jan 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    • Berlin to Essen, how can I go?

by mariagn Online Now Jan 12, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Hi,

I´m going to Essen on 19th of March to the big Horse Fair, Equitana! I´ll get in Berlin and I would like to know the best way to go to Essen from there! What do I have to do? Rent a car? Go by train? Go by coach?

Thanks,

Maria.

4 Answers Jan 12, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    • jack208's Profile Photo

Frankfurt or Dusseldorf to Essen if Berlin is part of the leg

by jack208 Online Now Jul 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Hi, will be coming over to Essen in late October for the SPIEL convention. That's from 18-21 Oct. However we are going to drop by Berlin first for the ASICS Grand 10 Berlin run on 14 Oct.

Our flight options are either into Frankfurt or Dusseldorf. There's drop to Munich and Hamburg but given their distance from Essen, I've excluded them. Oh.. we are from Malaysia (Asia) btw.

Our itinerary is going to run like this
      12/10 Drop into XXX (Frankfurt or Dusseldorf)
      12/10 Travel by train from XXX to Berlin
      14/10 ASICS Grand 10 Berlin
      17/10 Travel by train from Berlin - Essen (if a direct train is possible, if not I suppose we've to change at Dusseldorf or Frankfurt)
      18/10 SPIEL Essen (till 21/10)
      22/10 Travel from Essen to XXX (Frankfurt or Dusseldorf)
      22/10 Depart for Malaysia from XXX

Question is in above plan, is Dusseldorf or Frankfurt a better option as XXX for us? Many thanks in advance for your time. :)

17 Answers Jul 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    • Essen, Germany- Self catering apartment needed for family holiday for a few days

by saarlouis Online Now Jul 17, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Hi,
      we are looking for a self-catering nice apartment for a few days in Essen, Germany.
      Can anyone please recommend anywhere nice with 2 bedrooms and close to the area of
      45329 Essen?
      Many thanks

1 Answer Jul 17, 2012 at 4:59 AM
    • accomodation in essen

by cymraess35 Online Now Aug 2, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Hi there, i wonder if there is anybody out there that can help me. Im visiting Essen in 2 weeks, and i need to find self catering accomodation for 2 people. My parterner is working out ther with others for 3 months - so im visiting, and want to stay near the city center, but preferbly not in a hotel- would like the use of a small kitchen. I hope somebody can give me a name of this type of accomodation in Essen.

thanks

1 Answer Aug 2, 2011 at 4:33 PM
    • Wohngemeinschaft in Essen

by scoob08 Online Now Nov 8, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Hi,

I am a student from England and will be working in Essen on my year abroad from February until the end of May next year (2011). I am going to be working in the Altenessen - Nord but am having difficulty finding accommodation there. I was wondering if either someone can help me out or whether someone can tell me whether it is difficult / far to travel from one of the different areas of Essen?

Thank you in advance

Becky

6 Answers Nov 29, 2010 at 5:45 AM
    • Soames's Profile Photo

Travelling to Dusseldorf to Essen

by Soames Online Now Oct 5, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Hey everyone...Just signed up today and was wondering if anybody could answer a few questions for me.

I am travelling to Essen to see my nan at the end of the month and this time I am flying to Dusseldorf. Can you get a train from the airport to Essen and if so, how much will this cost and how long?

Thanks x

2 Answers Oct 6, 2010 at 1:40 AM
    • Essen - Zollverein

by joshaw Online Now Jul 11, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I will visit the Zollverein World Heritage Site in the beginning of August. Does anyone know whether guided tour is compulsory for the site? If yes, how long would the tour be?

As I will be going with a group of friends and our time is quite tight(only a couple of hours in Essen), I want to have a better planning. Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 12, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    • accomodation in essen

by m_elshafei Online Now Dec 7, 2007 at 5:21 PM

hello everybody , iam a medical student from egypt , iam coming to essen for two weeks in a clerkship next month and iam looking for a cheap accommodation for 2 weeks near to universitatsklinikum essen ,
      pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee neeed help
      thanks alot

1 Answer Dec 8, 2007 at 5:27 AM
    • pakistanibrain's Profile Photo

Mosque or prayer room in Essen?

by pakistanibrain Online Now Sep 24, 2007 at 12:27 AM

I will be in Essen for work next week and would like to know whether there is any mosque or prayer room in the Bredeney area of Essen, which is where I will be staying. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a place where I can quickly do my prayers.

1 Answer Sep 24, 2007 at 4:35 AM
    • SlevinBg's Profile Photo

From ... to ....

by SlevinBg Online Now Sep 9, 2007 at 12:35 AM

Hi,
      I wanna know, how to reach Hotel "Etap" in Essen from the hauptbahnhof, without a taxi. I wanna use the public transport.
      Any ideas???

2 Answers Sep 11, 2007 at 5:42 AM
    • Maya2006's Profile Photo

Searching For cheap GuestHouse in Essen for 6 weeks

by Maya2006 Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 8:03 AM

Hello all!

I'm a student, will do my internship in Essen, but haven't find somwhere how to live. Is someone know some adresses for a cheap guesthouse? or anything like that.

Thank you to reply.

2 Answers Apr 19, 2006 at 7:03 AM
    • hivaoa1's Profile Photo

thai restaurant in Essen

by hivaoa1 Online Now Oct 31, 2005 at 5:59 AM

hi, I'll be in Essen on Thursday for work, and at night i'd like to go to a Thai restaurant. Can anyone of u suggest anything?
      Otherwise i'm also interested in Vietnamese. Thanks

1 Answer Nov 23, 2005 at 3:19 AM
    • Best choice

by Ypsiguy Online Now Oct 25, 2005 at 1:46 PM

I will be visiting Essen soon and I would like to know what is the best and easiest way to get there. Amsterdam to Essen or Frankfurt to Essen?
      Any recommendations will be very much appreciated.
      Thanks

2 Answers Oct 26, 2005 at 12:45 AM
    • hivaoa1's Profile Photo

Essen-Amsterdam train

by hivaoa1 Online Now Oct 13, 2005 at 10:52 PM

hello people
      i am finishing working at 7pm on November 3rd and need to know if there is a train to Amsterdam around 8pm from Essen. Any help?
      Otherwise, can you suggest me a cheap train to Amsterdam the next day? Thank you

3 Answers Oct 14, 2005 at 1:46 AM
    • Help pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!

by carmen1900 Online Now Jul 8, 2005 at 8:15 AM

I am trying to find an affordable hotel ( double room) for our visit to Essen next september during the welding fair. However, all hotels I e-mailed said to have no available rooms for the period ( is it normal? do you think if I call by phone I might have different answer!!)

I am looking for a double room not exceeding 75euros per day ( including breakfast), Isn't that enough for finding a double room in Essen???!!!

I am desperate and don't know what to do? I already thought of the alternative of booking a double room in dusseldorf, but then we would have to take the train every morning ( added expenses!!)..

What do you advise me to do?

Please help me.

4 Answers Jul 8, 2005 at 10:45 AM
    • Help for hotel in essen on september 2005

by carmen1900 Online Now Jul 5, 2005 at 9:03 AM

hello friends;

We will be attending the welding fair in essen on september 2005. could you please help me find and book a double room ( not exceeding 75 euros/night). I have tried many hotels, but could not find any place..I am desperate to find accomodation ( all what I could find through agencies was beyond 100 euros/per night (expensive!)..
      If there is no possibility in essen, what solution do you advise me?
      Is finding a hotel ( not more than 57 euros per night) in dusseldorf for example a good idea? how far is dusseldorf from essen? are there frequent trains over there? Can you help me please
      Many thanks in advance

2 Answers Jul 6, 2005 at 9:38 AM
    • cheap hostels in Essen

by k4u Online Now Sep 28, 2004 at 12:07 PM

Hi , I am about to start my studies at Uni Essen. Anybody knows a cheap hostel to crach in until I can get a room in a studnet hostel? thx 2 all

1 Answer Sep 28, 2004 at 6:01 PM
    • Mique's Profile Photo

thanks guys

by Mique Online Now Nov 28, 2003 at 4:38 AM

For the postcard.. Did get it today. I heard it was a meeting that was really good. Seems like i have to ask Dila to tell some stories next time we meet..

• dila's Profile Photo

hotel in essen

by dila Online Now Nov 20, 2003 at 2:27 PM

we are looking for a hotel in essen for the meeting at 23 november. we want to go to essen on saturday and leave sunday. does anyone know a reasonable hotel nice area and price. thanks diana and josé

6 Answers Nov 21, 2003 at 8:27 AM
    • dila's Profile Photo

meeting essen 23 november 2003

by dila Online Now Nov 3, 2003 at 5:19 PM

hi we want to go to the Essen meeting by car. we find out it is about 2.30 to drive to the centre. what is the best way to park our car and what are the prices. diana

1 Answer Nov 20, 2003 at 12:49 PM
    • dila's Profile Photo

amsterdam to essen

by dila Online Now Oct 29, 2003 at 9:03 AM

hi how far is it from amsterdam to essen. kilometers and hours.

11 Answers Nov 20, 2003 at 12:57 PM
    • hundertmorgen's Profile Photo

Member meeting in Essen at November 23rd

by hundertmorgen Online Now Oct 27, 2003 at 4:44 AM

Hello! I'm planning a meeting in Essen. Who wants to join us? We ll be waiting for all of you! Schedule: Meeting point is CAFE SOLO at 11:00 am for breakfast. Adress: CAFE SOLO, Kettwiger Str. 36, Essen City (3 minutes to walk from Central Station) Then around 01:00 am our plan is to go to the ZECHE ZOLLVEREIN (www.zeche-zollverein.de). Here we can visit the ESSENER-SLIDE-SHOW-FESTIVAL (www.weltblicke.de), four different photo presentations about different countries and journeys (90 min. each). Other possibilities at Zeche Zollverein are visiting the DESIGN MUSEUM NRW (www.red-dot.de) or to walk around and watch the area. In the late afternoon we can go back to the city to have some food and drinks at the CHRISTMAS MARKET. Here another highlight from Essen is waiting for you - the 54th ESSENER LIGHTSHOW (www.lichtwochen.essen.de) - Motto this year: Finland !!! At least, before the day ends we can have some more drinks in a pub - maybe in my favorite one DE PRINS - Het Bruine Cafe (www.deprins.de) Now, let me know that you come over to join the meeting.... ;-) Watch the Meeting Calendar) Greetings from Essen Sandra

2 Answers Oct 28, 2003 at 9:32 AM