Essaouira

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Minibus transfer - Marrakech to Essaouira

by toots111 Online Now Nov 22, 2014 at 1:12 PM

We are coming to Essaouira in December. There are ten of us and we would like to get a minibus from Marrakech airport rather than grand taxis. Any recommendations for how to book a minibus and how much it might cost? We would like one with seat belts as we have car seats for two toddlers.

more

Near Essaouira

• Minibus transfer - Marrakech to Essaouira

by toots111 Online Now Nov 22, 2014 at 1:12 PM

We are coming to Essaouira in December. There are ten of us and we would like to get a minibus from Marrakech airport rather than grand taxis. Any recommendations for how to book a minibus and how much it might cost? We would like one with seat belts as we have car seats for two toddlers.

2 Answers Nov 22, 2014 at 1:39 PM
    • Best way from Marrakech to Essaouira

by traveller235 Online Now Jul 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Seven friends and I are travelling to Morocco this September. I've tried searching around, but most responses are for one or two people. What do you think would be best to travel from the airport to a villa in the Medina, especially as we will be arriving at ~9pm and leaving ~11pm? I've been quoted £100 each way for everyone in a minibus by one company.

Many thanks,
      John

5 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • Trip of 2-3 days

by Sandra2995 Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Hello! Me again I forgot to ask, is there a specific day(s) during the week I should go to Essaouira?
      Meaning that somtimes in some destinaton there is specific days of the week that the Souk are open, or something like that. The reason why I'm saying this is when I wanted to go to Agadir I read that the Souk was on thursday only???

6 Answers May 2, 2014 at 3:58 AM
    • A good stay

by nyborg Online Now Jan 4, 2014 at 12:39 AM

We are a retired Swedish couple 67 and 70 years old. We have traveled a lot.
      Our next journey will go to Essaouira. My husband has limits with walking. We don´t need and pool instead we need culture. We don´t need any four or five star hotels they are often the same all over the world.
      Please can you give advices which is a good hotel where my husband can sleep on the ground floor and an interesting area in the neighborhood.

5 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    • Supermarket

by KLS2013 Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 4:20 AM

Hello

We are in the medina and wish to walk to a supermarket for groceries for our self catering riad. If it sold alcohol, that would be great but its obviously not essential.

Many thanks

KS

1 Answer Nov 10, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    • MerelP's Profile Photo

studying french/accomodation

by MerelP Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Hi all!

I'm heading to morocco upcoming november and december, I want to study french, learn more about the arabic culture/moroccan lifestyle and learn how to surf. I have heard so many good things about essaouira that I specially want to go here. Now I've been looking at all kinds of different options for me but seem to struggle a bit to find a good place to study french for about 1,5/2 months. II mainly want to learn to speak the language, writing/grammar is less important for me. I was wondering if anyone has a golden tip or any ideas? :)

Also, a nice place to stay for a 23 year old girl traveling on her own? I would like to meet people that I could spend time with whilst I'm there in stead of the typical backpacker that leaves within one day, ( if you know what I mean) So basically looking for a place with locals but also traveler sort of edge to it? I know its a lot of 'I want' This is just a rough guide line for myself, and I'm open to anything! :) lots of traveling experience so also the less standard options are options!

thank you all :)

Merel

13 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    • bus to go to essaouira from oualidia

by marco3161 Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM

We are looking for a bus to go from oualidia to esaouira, but i find only a ctm bus that arrives in essaouira to late (5.50.pm)
      Are there other bus that we can get? I was not able to find Supratours Bus in Oualidia, may be they dont go to Oualidia? There is an other solution to do this travel and to arrive in Essaouira before then 12.00 a.m?
      Someone knows how much it cost with a grand taxi?
      Thank you

10 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    • taxi price

by katiweb Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Hi, I´d like to know the price by taxi from the airport to the medina of essaouira, thanks, Kati

8 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    • MarleenH's Profile Photo

Taxi Essaouira - Agadir

by MarleenH Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Hi, my boyfriend and I will be travelling around Morocco in 2 weeks, and we're wondering how much a taxi costs from Essaouira to Agadir. I think it's for the best (or cheapest, haha!) when we take a grand taxi. The tourbus isn't an option, since we'll be arriving too late at our hotel.

5 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    • Pottery class in Essaouira

by asterix450 Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Do you have any information on taking pottery or ceramics classes in Essaouira?

3 Answers Jun 14, 2013 at 1:39 PM
    • CharlieB41's Profile Photo

Marrakesh to Essaouira

by CharlieB41 Online Now Jun 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM

My flight gets into Marrakesh about 20:00. What are the options for getting to Essaouira that night. We were thinking of taking a taxi.Or are there shared taxis like in Turkey ie Dolmus? Alternatively when do the trains stop?
      Cheers

21 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 7:40 PM
    • lolo5's Profile Photo

advice for a single traveller to the Gnawa Festival late june

by lolo5 Online Now Apr 13, 2013 at 11:12 PM

HELLO, I plan to attend this end of June's Gnawa Festival in Essaouira and I have some ardent questions, if anyone could help please.
      1. I shall be mostly alone as a woman and planning to stay at Ryad Malaika. How safe is that? Concerts will finish late at night, so how could I come back to my ryad?
      2. Any new impressions about Ryad Malaika?
      3. How is the weather, generally, during the day and during the evenings, end of JUne?(20th)?
      4. Which flight plan would be more convenient: to fly to Marrakesh, or to casablanca?
      I would gladly spend a night in Marrakesh too...
      5. How is the Festival public? mostly local? baba-cool from all over the planet? late hippies? (too) excited youngsters?
      many thanks for your help!

5 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 4:51 AM
    • ElenaGonzalez76's Profile Photo

women on holidays

by ElenaGonzalez76 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 6:09 AM

Any nice bars to relax over a few drinks after dinner?

3 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM
    • Loobcom's Profile Photo

Gluten free in Essaouira

by Loobcom Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Guys I know this is crazy, but is there anywhere in or around Essaouira where I might find some gluten free ingredients. I don't expect Planet Organic or Wholefoods Market, but maybe somewhere that sells, you know, that kind of thing. Also somewhere that sells those immersion boilers for perhaps concocting some kind of gruel in our room.

A bakery that produces some non-wheat bread would be cool too!

BecauSe we are staying for so long, The Atlas have given us their biggest room, easily big enough to accommodate a family of six, and that's just in the bed!

Seriously, any assistance with this would be gravely appreciated.

5 Answers Apr 8, 2013 at 7:04 AM
    • Beach Bar

by Cutie314 Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Can anyone recommend a a bar overlooking the water? We are 3 female and 1 male in late 20's and early 30's, so we are looking for a place that will be welcoming to and respectful toward women and tourists. We would love to meet and chat with other travelers and locals, however, we absolutely do not want to deal with any propositions for sex or to buy drugs. I hope this isn't asking for too much. Thank you to any replies.

12 Answers Mar 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    • Loobcom's Profile Photo

Wheelchair access Essaoura

by Loobcom Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 5:49 AM

I am traveling to Essaoura in a few weeks with my girlfriend who has limited mobility. She can walk up to about 300 metres. We will be taking her wheelchair with us.

I see from google maps that our hotel, The Atlas, is about 400 metres from the old port. My question is this: when we visit the medina, for restaurants and shopping trips, will I be able to navigate the narrow streets with the wheelchair?

Obviouly, I don't expect the medina to be fully wheelchair accessible, I just need some information on local conditions and how much of a challenge they may present.

7 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    • DawudH's Profile Photo

Buying an apartment in Essaouira or Marrakech?

by DawudH Online Now Oct 10, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Hi,

I am considering buying an apartment inshallah in either Essaouira or Marrakech. If both apartments are the same price, which would be the better long term investment and where would you rather live and why?

salaaams

11 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    • Deneen1's Profile Photo

Gnaoua Festival Pass

by Deneen1 Online Now May 23, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Hello All,
      I'll be going to my first Gnaoua Festival this June. Noticed there is a pass that can be purchased, some free concerts and some entrance fees on the website:
      http://www.festival-gnaoua.net/en/
      My French is minimal at best. Any idea if I should get the pass or just pay entrance fees as I go? I'm not sure what it covers.
      Back to Morocco! :)
      ~Deneen

3 Answers May 25, 2012 at 6:08 AM
    • Visiting in June - To eat out and chill out... advice please

by wanderersmelody Online Now May 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Husband and I are travelling from Marrakech for a 5 night stay. We really do just want to chill out and Essaouira seems like the perfect mix of some sightseeing and then watching the sights.

Can anyone give advice of where we could go for some maassages/spa type places (and not necessarily the big hotels) along with prices we'd expect to pay.

As for watching the world go by, are there street/beach cafes/bars where we can sit with a bottle of wine? Again, what sort of prices do you pay for this?

First visit to Morocco so have absolutely no idea what to expect! But really really looking forward to it!

4 Answers May 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    • Magic festival tonight/this week?

by ukrichard Online Now Apr 1, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Hi
      just arrived today and saw a poster for a week-long magic festival in the town. Bit of googling has suggested today there is a close up magic show this afternoon (but also states 'pass only'?) and another event tonight at 8.00pm at 'dar chebab' - does anyone know where/if I can tickets to any of these events (and how much they are? where Dar Chebab is? any other information about this festival in english?
      Thanks
      Richard

1 Answer Feb 19, 2013 at 1:56 AM
    • festival des andalousies atlantiques

by ifnotwhynot Online Now Oct 18, 2011 at 6:16 AM

Does anyone have any information about this festival? I can only find last years programme!

3 Answers Nov 3, 2011 at 1:00 PM
    • food hygiene

by ifnotwhynot Online Now Oct 18, 2011 at 6:13 AM

I am visiting Essaouira next week and would be interested to know if it is generally safe to eat in the restaurants and cafes there. I do know the basic food hygiene rules but on this trip it is particularly important that we don't get ill.

Is there anywhere your would particularly recommend or suggest that we avoid?

Also, is there anywhere there where we can buy good, safe food for a picnic?

Finally, is bottled water readily available?

Many thanks

3 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    • Spending christmas in Essaouria, we need a few tips and advices =)

by MartinandEvnita Online Now Sep 19, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Hi!

We are going to spend dec 17-25 in Marocco and mainly the city Essaouira as we have heard good things about the place, and that it's nice for someone like us who wishes to have a relaxing break from the winter and holidays in Sweden.
      We are looking for hostels and places to stay but don't feel like pre-booking the whole week, instead maybe just the first 2-3 days and then hope to meet people and find nice places to visit and stay at.

1. Is this a good idea? Does anyone know if the hostels are crowded in Essaouria over christmas? Any hostel you would like to recommend?

2. We are both musicians and would love to get in contact with and hear some gnawa musicians/music, where should we go look?

3. We are flying to and from Agadir, any tips on where to stay, or what to do in case we choose to stay there 1-2 days?

4. Any other recommendations?

Best wishes to you and thanks for any help =)

/ Martin and Evnita

5 Answers Nov 13, 2011 at 10:32 PM
    • House rentals with house keepers and cooks!

by Bleueyes Online Now Sep 13, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Hope to rent a place in Essaouria next June, the place we have in mind comes with a house keeper and cook, I would like to know how does the tipping work? or is this help included in the price, do you go and do the grocery shopping etc, any advice would help, merci
      Bleueyes

2 Answers Sep 17, 2011 at 2:44 PM
    • Can you recommend somewhere to swim with children?

by Louinthecountry Online Now May 23, 2011 at 5:37 AM

Hi,
      I have heard that sea can be dangerous to swim in due to the current. Is this true and is there a safe area of the beach? Are there any hotels that you can recommend for swimming? My children are aged 12, 9 and 5. The older two are good swimmers but the younger one is not a strong swimmer.
      Any other recommendations for things to do with children? The 9 year old is a competent rider, the rest of us are beginners. Could we ride together and if so what is a good price for 1/2 a day's riding?

2 Answers Jun 20, 2011 at 2:35 PM
    • Getting to Essaouira

by Ronin81 Online Now Jan 2, 2011 at 9:13 AM

I am considering Morocco for a honeymoon stop and Essaouira looks promising. We will be flying into Europe though, and I'm wondering if there are any ferry/boating options from Spain/Portugal to Essaouira.

Thanks,
      Adam

6 Answers Jan 3, 2011 at 4:22 AM
    • davesut's Profile Photo

Windy city?

by davesut Online Now Oct 18, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Thinking of trying Essaouira next summer. I've read reviews that state the wind can be very strong. Would the wind prevent a relaxing afternoon on the beach and in the sea? I read one review that said the wind was so strong that it prevented the reviewer from using the hotel pool. Would this be a regular occurrence? Beach, pool and doing nothing would be high on the agenda for this visit.

7 Answers Oct 19, 2010 at 7:34 AM
    • triskel2611's Profile Photo

FIRST TIME IN MOROCCO!!

by triskel2611 Online Now Oct 4, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Hello everybody! Loving this forum and hoping to find some directions.... I am a single traveller who's decided to go to Morocco in search for colours and totally new experiences but who's at a total loss for ideas of places to stay... I have set my mind on Essaouira and I would like to book a nice and friendly place, near the sea.... Unf.I got totally lost in the internet jungle and now I am totally unable to make up my mind about any place!!!... Does anybody have any suggestions...?? I would also love to visit Marrakesh and accommodation is a "?" there as well... I would like to go 16 to 30th october... I truly hope to meet here some like-minded travellers who have been there or are going there.... I thank you in advance for any help you would give me!!!!

16 Answers Oct 6, 2010 at 6:33 PM
    • Deneen1's Profile Photo

Bus to Casablanca?

by Deneen1 Online Now Aug 31, 2010 at 6:14 AM

Hi everyone!
      I'm traveling to Essaouira by bus from Marrakech toward the end of September. I plan to stay two nights, then take a bus to Casablanca for my last night before flying home.
      I was reading on tripadvisor.com that the bus ride from Essaouira to Casa is 7 to 10 hours????? Is this on a Supratours or CTM bus?
      Looking at a map Essaouira looks to be south of Casa on the coast so I figured it would make more sense to take the bus to Casa than to backtrack to Marrakech to take the train.
      Can I take a Supratours or CTM bus to Casablanca from Esssaouira and if so does anyone know the average time of the trip?
      Thanks so much,
      Deneen

8 Answers Sep 9, 2010 at 2:07 PM
    • Transfers from Marrakesh

by CarolDane Online Now Aug 13, 2010 at 8:28 AM

What is the best way to arrange a taxi or coach ride from Marrakesh Airport to Essaouira and what is the cost. We are flying there on 20th August.

3 Answers Aug 29, 2010 at 5:15 AM