Essaouira Travel Answers

change location

House rentals with house keepers and cooks!

by Bleueyes Online Now Sep 13, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Hope to rent a place in Essaouria next June, the place we have in mind comes with a house keeper and cook, I would like to know how does the tipping work? or is this help included in the price, do you go and do the grocery shopping etc, any advice would help, merci
Bleueyes

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Wafro's Profile Photo

Re: House rentals with house keepers and cooks!

by Wafro Online Now Sep 15, 2011 at 9:23 AM

You should ask your contact person or landlord, it probably won’t cost you extra and your staff know what to do and where to buy your groceries. But also make your rules and let them certainly know what your demands are, at the end you are paying the bills.
    GRTz

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • windcity's Profile Photo

Re: House rentals with house keepers and cooks!

by windcity Online Now Sep 17, 2011 at 2:44 PM

The house keeper will clean the house included in the price, but usually the shopping and cooking will not be included but can be discussed with the owner or directly with the house keeper. My friends house keeper will discuss when and what you want to eat and then give you a price depending on what the groceries cost + a fixed price per person for cooking it. You may only need her services a couple of nights and prefer to eat out at the many restaurants in town. I would tip according to your satisfaction at the end of your stay.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Essaouira