Essaouira Travel Answers

change location
Loobcom's Profile Photo

Gluten free in Essaouira

by Loobcom Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Guys I know this is crazy, but is there anywhere in or around Essaouira where I might find some gluten free ingredients. I don't expect Planet Organic or Wholefoods Market, but maybe somewhere that sells, you know, that kind of thing. Also somewhere that sells those immersion boilers for perhaps concocting some kind of gruel in our room.

A bakery that produces some non-wheat bread would be cool too!

BecauSe we are staying for so long, The Atlas have given us their biggest room, easily big enough to accommodate a family of six, and that's just in the bed!

Seriously, any assistance with this would be gravely appreciated.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Loobcom's Profile Photo

Re: Gluten free in Essaouira

by Loobcom Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 6:17 AM

That should have been greatly not gravely

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Loobcom's Profile Photo

by Loobcom Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM

We already found the bottle shop just up the road from us where we purchased a bottle of Domain du Sahari Reserve. Not a bad drink for 90 DH. Meaty, I would say!

• windcity's Profile Photo

by windcity Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM

At the supermarket Aswak Assalam you will be able to buy a flat electric hob and pans. poor quality but very cheap. If you are looking for vegetarian food head for Al Khaima square, it is just off Lalouge, the street where the museum is situated. You will find several vegetarian cafe's there.

• windcity's Profile Photo

by windcity Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Not a Bar I would send anyone too but if you go be sure not to take a seat near the toilet !
    If you forget to go to the off license they will sell you drinks to take away.

• BalletBarb's Profile Photo

by BalletBarb Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Did you mean gluten free or veggi? If you are gluten free and cannot eat wheat/barley/etc try here with your question members2.boardhost.com/glute... as veggi foods will not suit you because they rely heavily on bread. I found Morocco quite gluten friendly, I took a translation into Arabic from the glutenfree.uk site and had no trouble at all. You will not be able to eat couscous if you are gluten intolerant, but tagines are safe.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Essaouira