Erongo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Windhoek shopping and accomodation

Namibia Apr 22, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Hello, what is the best affordable place to stay in Windhoek? I was thinking Protea, kindly advise if it is good enough and also where can I shop for affordable quality clothing in Windhoek?

more
    • annwag's Profile Photo

Mosquito protection

Namibia Apr 8, 2014 at 7:52 AM

I would like to know your, guys, personal opinion about taking antimalarial drugs while visiting the area Kvango / Okavango this month. I am accustomed with CDC and WHO rules, but I have some medical contradiction to take that kind of medicines so I am a bit anxious. Both are risky for me.
      The second question is about as good as possible repellent avaible in Namibia. There in Poland the efficient repellents are out of reach. Any recommendation?
      Thanks for your time

more
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

8hours in Walvis-bay what can I do ?

Walvisbaai Mar 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I will have about 8 hours in Walvisbay and there will be around 1500 people on our cruiseship.
      Will there be enough capacity for most of these 1500 to get on a tour to watch the pelicans & seals ?

4 Answers Mar 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    • Tell me about deoria uttar pradesh india. I want to go there.

Usakos Feb 27, 2013 at 3:27 AM

ok

1 Answer Feb 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    • Kiddies Activities

Swakopmund Aug 13, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Hi there. Does anyone know of people that can organise a day at the beach for kids? activities like volleyball, etc? kids aged from 2 years to 16 years?

please let me know.

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    • EmmaN68's Profile Photo

Sun Sail Catamarans or Mola Mola

Swakopmund Oct 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Looking at doing a boat trip from Walvis Bay and I am looking at these two operators has anyone taken a trip with either as I can't find any reviews.

2 Answers Dec 2, 2010 at 10:44 PM
    • EmmaN68's Profile Photo

Which tour?

Swakopmund Aug 8, 2010 at 1:09 PM

We want to do a full day tour whilst we are in Swakopmund and the 2 I have narrowed it down to are Tommy's Tours combined Living Desert Tour and Welwitchia/Moon Landscape or Turnstone Namib Desert tour.

All the feedback I can find seems to give both firms glowing reports but I can't find specific feedback on those exact tours. Has anyone taken either or know anyone who has?

• Buying fish in Swakopmund

Swakopmund Mar 28, 2009 at 12:13 PM

We will be touring in Namibia later in the year in a 4WD with a large portable fridge/freezer on board. We will be spending one night in Swakopmund and, with the limited availability of food supplies elsewhere, we would like to stock up with some of the excellent local fish - white fish, shellfish, lobsters, anything that comes from the sea! Can anyone give me the names and addresses of where we can buy fish (retail not restaurant). We would like as many addresses as we can get, since it is amazing how often the place one is told turns out to be closed at the day and time we get there.

2 Answers Mar 30, 2009 at 4:31 PM
    • Swakopmund to Cape Town, possible modes of transport???

Swakopmund Sep 29, 2008 at 6:25 AM

Hi people,

Myself and a mate are planning on doing an Overland tour from Victoria Falls to Swakopmund in Namibia. From there we want to get to Cape Town. I’ve tried to find flights but haven’t had any success yet? Can anyone confirm if it’s possible to fly direct?

If not, what other options are available? Is there a train, or is the distance too great to go by any other means other than plane?

Also, is Namibia considered safer than South Africa?

And finally, what type of weather can we expect in Namibia around mid to late December?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Brendan

7 Answers Oct 3, 2008 at 11:42 PM
    • duncanlbrown's Profile Photo

Windhoek to Swakopmund travel questions

Swakopmund May 14, 2008 at 2:56 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking of taking a wee stopover in Namibia on my way to regular travel to Luanda, so I was wondering if anybody had experience of the Town Hopper Shuttle bus or the Starline Train which run between Windhoek & Swakopmund.

all feedback gratefully received, thanks
      Duncan

3 Answers May 17, 2008 at 3:05 AM
    • Quad adventure in Walvisbaai

Walvisbaai Aug 11, 2007 at 12:07 AM

Whe are a group of 10 people that whould like to come to Walvisbaai, or a place in Namibie where we can go riding with our quad bikes. Whe like informal accomadation.Where gan we go?

2 Answers Sep 3, 2007 at 12:00 PM
    • Swakopmund - Must Do's

Swakopmund Mar 30, 2004 at 7:16 AM

Following an 8-day trek, I have one free afternoon and possibly one free evening in Swakopmund, Namibia. What should I be doing in that time to take away a feel for the area and not just sore feet from all the walking. Cheers Gill

5 Answers May 2, 2007 at 10:35 PM