Erlangen Travel Answers

change location

Entertainment in Erlangen

by Jibe1978 Online Now Jan 2, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Hi,

I was hoping for some inside knowledge on attractions etc in the Erlangen region, I cannot seem to find that much on the internet as yet. We are a group of 20 people travelling across to Erlangen in May 2007 for the Beer Festival. We do not want to spend the whole time at the Beer festival and are looking for suggestions and recommendations on the best places to go and any local activities. Any suggestions welcome. Many thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • abalada's Profile Photo

RE: Entertainment in Erlangen

by abalada Online Now Jan 2, 2007 at 3:49 PM

nearby Nuremberg
    nuernberg.de/internet/portal...
    Nice (rebuilt) old city center. A number of really good museums: DB Museum, Documentation Centre, Germanisches Nationalmuseum, ...
    nuernberg.de/internet/portal...

nearby Bamberg
    http://www.bamberg.info
    Has the most listed buildings in Germany. One of the few cities not destroyed in WWII. And it is the *real* beer capital of Germany.

hiking/cycling/conoeing: Franconian Switzerland (east of Erlangen)
    fraenkische-schweiz.com/bild...

water sports: Franconian Lake District (south of Nuremberg)
    fraenkischeseen.de/index/see...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Entertainment in Erlangen

by Jerry144 Online Now Jan 2, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Agree with the previous poster - Nuernberg and Bamberg are two of my favorite places. We just spent two days at the Christkinlesmarkt in Nuernberg. Nuernberg has a storied Nazi history if you're into that kind of thing, but also is an old walled city with a castle within walking distance of the train station is you use that transportation. You must also try the Nuernberger bratwurst, a local specialty. Since you apparently have an interest in beer, if you decide to go to Bamberg recommend you try the rauch bier (smoke-flavored beer) at the Schlenkerla (sp?).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines