Eritrea Travel Answers

change location

Nightlife in Asmara

by bberhe Online Now Nov 14, 2003 at 8:34 AM

Can anyone tell me about the nightlife in Asmara? Is it as good as it is in Addis Ababa or Mekelle? Lots of dancing fueled by cheap beer and gin? B.L.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • tininhas's Profile Photo

Re: Nightlife in Asmara

by tininhas Online Now Nov 14, 2003 at 12:03 PM

Hi!! This is more a question to you than an answer.. :) have you been in addis? how was it? cause i´m pllaning to there this x-mas, but what i´ve heard is no very encouraging.. All i know about Asmara is that the border with Ethiopia is not so safe, and some times trouble can happend in the capital... have a nice trip..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Nightlife in Asmara

by bberhe Online Now Nov 14, 2003 at 5:46 PM

What have you heard about Addis Ababa? I lived in Ethiopia for three years and loved it. It's a great place! Just keep an eye on your wallet when you go to the market; in fact -- don't take your wallet. There are some very clever pickpockets. There are great restaurants, good places to stay, and great nightlife for all budgets. There's not a lot to see there, but the country has loads to offer. Lalibela is fantastic and so is Harar. Foreigners do get a lot of hassle though. Lots of little kids screaming 'ferenj' and asking for money, but it's not so bad. Have a great time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Eritrea Travel Answer Locations