Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tickled_Pink's Profile Photo

Which district should we book our hotel for our holiday?

Lisbon Nov 5, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Please provide the area/suburb/district that we should book our hotel when staying in (1) Lisbon & (2) Sintra, taking into account the proximity of transport, sites etc

Any other other tips when choosing the location of a hotel will be appreciated.

• Weather in Nov and Credit Cards

Lisbon Nov 2, 2015 at 9:15 PM

1. Do we really need heavy winter clothes?
      2. Is Credit cards expected in Taxi's and local restaurants?

• Linse's Profile Photo

Which area?

Lisbon Nov 2, 2015 at 2:19 AM

Which area is the best if we want shopping and restaurants close by?

• Tickled_Pink's Profile Photo

Suggested ratio of days to spend in Lisbon, Madrid & Barcelona

Lisbon Nov 3, 2015 at 10:15 AM

We are planning a trip in November. The total duration will be approx 10, 14 or 16 days depending on availability of return flights. We will be flying from Lisbon to Madrid. Travel between Madrid & Barcelona unknown at this stage. We depart Barcelona.

Please suggest:
      1) How long we should spend in each city and surrounds & why (ratio or exact # days)?

Given the number of days in each city:
      1) how many days should be spent in the actual cities themselves?

2) how many days should be allocated to day trips out the city ?

- provide order of (out-of-city) places/destinations that can be visited in one day & how much time should be allocated for each
      - provide service provider / carrier type that will get us from point A, to B to point C etc

3) how many nights (if any) should be allocated to out of city visits?
      - Please provide names places/towns

Any other tips & helpful suggestions will be appreciated

Thank You

• Linse's Profile Photo

How many days?

Lisbon Nov 1, 2015 at 12:14 PM

How many days is enough to see Lisbon. And very important to us a couple of days just being there enjoying the atmosphere.
      We are thinking 5 days? Or do we need more time?

• Karlithus's Profile Photo

Romantic restaurant

by Karlithus Online Now Oct 14, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Hi friends.

My and my girlfriend are staying in Ericeira for a night, to celebrate a special date for us.

Do you know of any romantic restaurant we can go for dinner on this special occasion?

Thanks in advance,

1 Answer Oct 16, 2014 at 1:30 AM
    • first time to ericeira

by jlw50 Online Now Jul 27, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Are there many restaurants and bars in the village?

3 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    • Transport Ericeira

by JayneM Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Hi ,travelling with my family in July and staying in Ericeria. Can anyone recommend a car hire company either in Ericeria or from Lisbon airport. Also part of my family want to travel to Ericeria by public transport if possible. Any suggestions or advice? Cheers

2 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 4:55 AM
    • Transport to Ericeira

by Asya93 Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Hi! My friends and I are coming to Ericeira from Aveiro and we can´t find any buses. Could someone help us please?

1 Answer Jun 12, 2014 at 10:09 AM
    • wine tours

by rickyboyiswhu Online Now May 20, 2014 at 4:54 AM

where is the nearest wine tour to Ericeira?

1 Answer Jun 2, 2014 at 4:02 AM
    • Local buses

by sophiemcloughlin Online Now May 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM

We have rented a villa about 6km from Ericeira . There is a bus stop outside the villa. What are local buses like and how late do they run?

1 Answer May 5, 2014 at 5:01 AM
    • Beaches Ericeria

by Gorovich Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 2:21 AM

Are there any sandy beaches that are suitable for swimming, ( safer than the surf beaches) and do all the beaches have lifeguards?

1 Answer Feb 16, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • ben_england's Profile Photo

Night out - Ericeira or Peniche?

by ben_england Online Now Nov 30, 2011 at 3:39 PM

After much deliberating I have decided to head to Portugal for my surf trip in a week or so and will probably split my time between Ericeira and Peniche.

What I was wondering is which way round to do it? I would like to go to the most fun evening place for the weekend and wondered which one is more lively? Either fun bars or nightclubs would be good.

Also, if anyone has any good tips on hostels or surf camps, I'd love to hear from you.

3 Answers Jan 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM
    • winter accommodation

by valmontina Online Now Aug 5, 2010 at 5:02 AM

I am looking for winter accommodation at Sao Juliao near Ericeira..possibly 2 weeks in October...2 people - so 1 bed apartment..

3 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    • Traveling to Portugal

by Feiks Online Now Apr 30, 2007 at 11:51 AM

Traveling to Portugal in the first week of July with my family and was look at Ericeira as a nice place for base camp. I have a 10 and 11 year old and I thought the beach would be fun and I love the idea of the old fishing village. It sounds very much like San Sebastin in Spain. My concern is about the wind. Does it get windy there in July? How is the weather? If not Ericeira, where else would you recommend?

3 Answers May 4, 2007 at 1:44 PM
    • Fisherboats?

by ennah Online Now Mar 13, 2006 at 6:40 AM

Are there still fishing boats in Ericeira?
      By from Ennah

3 Answers Jul 28, 2006 at 5:27 AM
    • Ericeira Pubs and Restaurants

by BarbaryCoaster Online Now Jan 17, 2004 at 4:52 PM

They will be quite a few members of the official england fan club in Ericeira this summer. Are there any owner/managers who would like to take advantage of this,by providing a "base" for us. I think there are about 120-150 in total. It can be good business for both sides... If interested e-mail me at Looking forward George

• cecicorr's Profile Photo

Accomodation near Ericeira/Cabo da Roca

by cecicorr Online Now Jul 24, 2003 at 12:38 PM

Hello, me and my friend are going to Portugal this summer and we are spending one night on Lisbon's coast. I wanted to sleep near Cabo da Roca or Ericeira but couldn't find any accomodation far from Cascais/Estoril, that in summer is very please would anyone advice us about accomodation near Cabo da roca or Ericeira? I was in Cabo da Roca summer 2000 and near there there's a nice hotel/residence but I can't remember the name... thank you!!! Cecilia from Italy

3 Answers Jul 25, 2003 at 9:54 AM