change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• agathi's Profile Photo

Weimar card

Weimar Jul 30, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Hallo. Do you know where can we purchase the Weimar Card? We will arrive by train.

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

taxi in weimar

Weimar Jul 31, 2015 at 6:44 AM

One more question. There are some taxi companies that give their address (sth like offices) and can be spotted at the google maps. If we are in the area, can we go there and take a taxi or do they work differently?
      eg.We will be at the Villa Haar at Ilm Park and we would like to take a taxi. There is a "Taxi Bohme" at Dichterweg street. Can we just go there and take a taxi?

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

walking in a park

Weimar Jul 31, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Hallo. We would like to visit the park by Ilm and I was wondering, as I have done for other parks as well, what happens if you want make a short cut and walk a few meters onr the grass? I know of course that there are paths to follow, scheduled for walking. Here in Greece we don't have such big parks and to be honest I don't think we would stick to the rule of walking only on the paths if it would be for just some meters in order to avoid making a whole circle. But, of course one should be restricted and thus pls give me some hint.

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Royte planner

Weimar Jul 30, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Do you know any route planner for the bus transportation inside Weimar city?

more
    • Wheelchairs

by JohnBridgland Online Now May 20, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Is Erfurt wheelchair friendly? Where can a wheelchair be hired?

2 Answers May 21, 2014 at 4:45 AM
    • Thuringen Hall

by connode Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Can someone tell me how far Thuringen Hall is from the Erfurt main train station? Also are there hotels within walking distance to Thuringen Hall or would it be easier just to stay in a hotel near the train station and take transportation from the train to Thuringen Hall ?

Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM
    • Train travel between Erfurt and Frankfurt

by connode Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I will be in Frankfurt on business in March and April. First trip to Germany. Can anyone tell me how long it would take for me to take a train between the two cities. I would also appreciate it if you could tell me what train to take from Frankfurt, etc.

Thank you!

1 Answer Mar 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    • Camellia36's Profile Photo

ERFURT OR WEIMAR

by Camellia36 Online Now Jan 14, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I have 2 nights to stay in either Erfurt or Weimar in the middle of June, en route to Frankfurt, which one would anyone suggest as the best spot please.

4 Answers Jan 15, 2011 at 3:13 AM
    • tvnutt's Profile Photo

lederhosen

by tvnutt Online Now Oct 7, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Hi,

My husband and I are coming to Erfurt next week. Looking forward to it(except the plane ride). He wants to buy a pair of lederhosen. Can you commonly find them in Erfurt? I'd also like to buy a beautiful cookoo clock.

Thanks

21 Answers Aug 17, 2015 at 9:43 AM
    • Luggage lockers in Erfurt train station?

by xirprma Online Now Sep 2, 2008 at 7:07 PM

We would appreciate knowing if there are luggage lockers or a left-luggage department in the Erfurt train station. ( also in Worms, but that is probably a different post!) Thanks very much.

Barbara & Tom

3 Answers Sep 3, 2008 at 5:56 AM
    • Luggage Lockers

by philip1976 Online Now Jul 18, 2006 at 12:48 PM

I understand that Erfurt station is currently being rebuilt. Can anyone tell me if the are left luggage lockers available at present?

Thanks.

• Cost of living in Erfurt

by Nadiuska3 Online Now Apr 18, 2006 at 8:40 AM

Hello,

I have a job offer to Erfurt. And I would like to have references about this city from people who has already been there and specially for someone who has lived there.
      I would like to know about the level of life.
      With a 1200 euros salary can you live a "comfortable" life.
      And also about the type of city that it is. From the pictures it seems quite an historical city. I've also seen that is an student city, so I guess it may be a litte bit "multcultural".
      How is the people there? Are they friendly to foreign people or are they too racist?
      Well I just would like to have some information about the city as with this job offer I must stay there for at least a year and a half.

Thanks

4 Answers Apr 22, 2008 at 4:33 AM
    • rrnewt1's Profile Photo

where is good to stay

by rrnewt1 Online Now Oct 9, 2004 at 8:06 PM

Hi, I have read all 71 Erfurt Member Tips. Been to http://www.erfurt.de/ef/en/. Wed, 17 Nov,. 17:45 i arrive Erfurt Weimer (ERF), bus line 99 in front of the terminal departing Airport 18.25, arriving Bus station 18:41. Thu, 18 Nov, i want to use the train Erfurt Hbf to Praha-Holesovice dep 07:29, arr 12:20 or dep 15:29, arr 20:20 - which is better? The main train station is in center erfurt, where is the bus station, evag-erfurt.de/inhalt/bilder... looks like the Hauptbahnhof-Busbahnhof are the same? Sun., 21 Nov., i plan to arrive back at Erfurt Hbf; Thu, 25 Nov., 18:10 i Depart Erfurt (ERF) = 4 nights in Erfurt, i plan to stay near the train station, any ideas about where is good to stay, do you know about: Familie Kleinhampl Dalbergsweg 26, D-99084; Hotel Grenzenlos Jonny-Scher-Straße 12, D-99085; Hotel Garni Am Domplatz, Andreasstr. 29, D-99084, Pension Wegerich, Hotel IBIS? Thanks

1 Answer Oct 10, 2004 at 3:31 AM