Erfurt Travel Answers

change location

Train travel between Erfurt and Frankfurt

by connode Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I will be in Frankfurt on business in March and April. First trip to Germany. Can anyone tell me how long it would take for me to take a train between the two cities. I would also appreciate it if you could tell me what train to take from Frankfurt, etc.

Thank you!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Train travel between Erfurt and Frankfurt

by leics Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM

You can find train times, details and fares in English here;

bahn.com/i/view/overseas/en/...

Journey time is from around 2 hours, with some direct trains and some with one change. One-way standard fare is 52 euro but if you book online in advance you can get reduced fares of 29 euro. You will receive an eticket which you print out, and must present this to the guard along with the card you used to pay (absolutely essential to have the same card with you). The disadvantage of doing this is that it ties you to one particular departure.

Otherwise you can simply buy your ticket from the ticket machines at the station, either a day or so beforehand or on the day you travel.

Which train you catch is entirely up to you. It is only a matter of deciding which departure time suits you, and whether you wish to take a train which involves a change or a direct train.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines