change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

bus/train to Selcuk from Izmir airport

Izmir Mar 31, 2014 at 6:25 AM

I want to book a flight from Athens to Izmir with Pegasus Airlines and then catch a bus or train directly to Selcuk.
      1)which airport of Izmir Pegasus use?
      2)can we catch a bus/train from there without going into Izmir?

more
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

almost a day in selcuk

Selcuk Apr 1, 2014 at 11:44 AM

we plan to arrive in Selcuk at about 18.00 and take the bus to Pamukkale the day after at 16.00.
      the first day is pretty easy, checking in at the hotel and then a dolmus to Sirence.
      the problem is the second day.
      I was thinking to take a dolmus early in the morning so to be back before check out (11.00).
      1)will we have to walk back to same entrance to catch a dolmus back to Selcuk?
      2)what should we do the rest of the day?
      3)should we stay in Selcuk and visit the museum and the basilica?
      4)is taxi the only option for Mary's home?

more
    • is scenery from Istanbul to Selcuk worth taking a bus to see or should we fly Ist-Izmir?

by sparklyowl1977 Online Now May 14, 2010 at 7:41 PM

My travel companion and I will be in Istanbul June 28-July 1 and then want to go to Selcuk and Ephesus for 1-2 days before going to Greece via Samos. To save time we are thinking about flying from Istanbul to Izmir and then taking bus/taxi to Selcuk. Are we going to miss out on some amazing scenery between Istanbul and Selcuk if we fly? For those who have traveled by bus or car between Istanbul and this region, is it worth us taking a long day (or more? not sure how long the bus trip is) to go by bus?

3 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • Andre1's Profile Photo

Ephesus to Greece

by Andre1 Online Now Apr 18, 2010 at 2:10 PM

How can I travel from Ephesus to Greece, ie Mykonos, Santorini, Athens.

2 Answers Apr 19, 2010 at 1:46 AM
    • canadadel's Profile Photo

Private Tour

by canadadel Online Now Apr 15, 2010 at 8:20 PM

There will be 5 of us arriving in Kusadasi in September this year, by cruise ship
      Could anyone recommend a Private Tour company that would pick us up and let us off at the port.

We would like a half day tour to see Ephesus and the Terrace houses. We are seniors.

5 Answers Jul 30, 2010 at 3:33 AM
    • Istanbul To selcuk

by btlim Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Plan to travel by night bus from Istanbul to selcuk. Is there any direct bus to Selcuk. I was told you need to get to Izmir and then take a bus to Selcuk. Is yes, how frequent is the Selcuk bound bus adn the cost? Also which Istanbul bus station should I go for the bus.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2010 at 6:06 AM
    • Visa requirement when landing in Kusadasi by cruise ship?

by PZBZ Online Now Feb 2, 2010 at 8:21 PM

We are a party of 6 arriving in Kusadasi aboard cruise ship. I have been checking out various tour guides with a view to having a minivan take us to Ephesus for a guided tour. I plan on making this booking ahead of time so we will be met off the ship on arrival. I noted a posting about the need for a visa and I am wondering what this entails? Can anyone enlighten me?
      Thank you!

7 Answers Feb 7, 2010 at 4:36 PM
    • Istanbul to Troy and Ephesus

by JohnnyCS Online Now Feb 1, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Hello:

I will be in Istanbul in June and wondered if it is reasonable to tour Troy and Ephesus with three full days available. If so, what is the best way? I would need to return to Istanbul within that time frame. Thanks for your help.

5 Answers Feb 6, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    • How to get from Istanbul to Ephesus

by DebbieMilne Online Now Nov 23, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Hello All, we wish to travel to Turkey & Greece in September 2010. We want to spend a couple of nights in Istanbul, then go down the Turkish coast, via cruise ship of some sort, and do a day trip in Ephesus, and then carry on to Santorini or an island in that area. Have you heard of any cruise companies that may do this? Thank you, Deb

3 Answers Nov 24, 2009 at 8:35 AM
    • Tyring to choose between group and private tour

by memphis65 Online Now Aug 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM

The group tour is 30 Euro's cheaper than the private tour.

The group tour goes to the House of Virgin Mary, Ancient City of Ephesus, Temple of Artemis, and Isabey Mosque.

The private tour goes to the Archeology Museum and St. John's Bascilica instead of the Temple and Mosque.

I'm just wondering if we would be missing out or getting better locations with the private tour. I know that the Temple is one of the seven wonders of the world, and the Mosque is supposed to be great as well.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm going the first week of September and trying to book the tour as soon as possible.

4 Answers Aug 17, 2009 at 9:30 AM
    • Istanbul to Ephesus for Carole

by caroleweintraub Online Now Jul 22, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Is it possible to travel to Ephesus for a day trip from Istanbul?

8 Answers Jul 26, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    • FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Recommendation of day tour companies for cruiseship traveler

by FreeCloud Online Now Jul 17, 2009 at 7:31 AM

In September, my friends are planning to take a Holland American line with following excursions. It seems the cruiseline arranged tours are filled, can anyone recommend good/reliable day tour (that could take you from the dock, tour and back to dock?) at Euphesus?

Is there any good day tour company picking them up from the cruise ship, have a tour of around etc then take them back to the cruise ship? How much would this cost?

If you have any day tour company recommendation for places below also, it would be very helpful:
      - Athens (from dock Pireas)
      - Corfu
      - Katakolon

- Messina, Sicily, Italy
      - Dubrovnik, Croatia

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 Answers Jul 17, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    • ringleader's Profile Photo

Ephesus guide book with transparency overlays

by ringleader Online Now Jun 12, 2009 at 8:54 AM

When we were in Kusadasi we saw a book in the bookstore just outside of the port that had transparencies overlays to the ruins so you could see the "then and now" differences. However, they did not have the book in English, so we hoped to find the book when we got home. Does anyone know the author/publisher/website or source where we can get it?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Feb 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM
    • Bus travel from Ayvalik to Kusadasi and Ephesus

by seaisland Online Now May 28, 2009 at 11:13 AM

I am trying to get from Lesvos to Epehesus in the shortes amount of time around Sept.14. If I take the ferry to Ayvalik is there a good bus schedule from there to Kusadasi so that I can spend a day or two in Ephesus and then reverse the trip? Thanks for your help

6 Answers Jul 13, 2009 at 3:42 AM
    • Istanbul to Ephesus

by aidenf Online Now May 18, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Hello,

I am traveling to Turkey this summer to visit my cousin who is teaching English at a university there. I am meeting her in Istanbul to see the sites there but am also interested in going to Ephesus. Is it possible to take a day trip to Ephesus from Isanbul? What is the best way to get from Istanbul to Ephesus? Any suggestions for off the beaten path things to do in Istanbul. Thanks!

3 Answers May 19, 2009 at 12:31 AM
    • Ephesus Private Tour

by suzhanna1222 Online Now Apr 19, 2009 at 4:14 AM

Hi!! im coming all the way from California to Turkey for a short holiday ,in this time i would like to visit Ephesus i have always had an interest to see it! I would like to know if having a private guide would be possible, being that my time in Turkey is not long and i would like to spend some time in Ephesus. Also how much would the tour be! thanks so much!!!

6 Answers Apr 30, 2009 at 3:51 AM
    • JEN1865's Profile Photo

Private Guide in Ephesus in May - recommendations?

by JEN1865 Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 5:54 PM

My husband and I are interested in hiring a private guide while in Ephesus, and the only company I've found that will allow us to design our own tour (Ephesus, Mary's House, Terrace Houses, and Ephesus Museum, and perhaps St. John's Basilica if there is time) is EphesusTours.biz.

Can anyone recommend this company, or any other company that will allow us to make up our own itinerary?

EpheusTours.biz is licensed by TURSAB (Assoc of Turkish Travel Agencies) and it looks legit. But I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has used this company or can recommend another.

Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 20, 2009 at 2:02 PM
    • ephesus private tour

by mariyeta Online Now Apr 16, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I will spend 2 weeks in Turkey this summer and would like to see Ephesus and Virgin Mary house. Does anybody have idea how much can be a private tour? Exploring Ephesus on my own is also an option... Need advice and recommendations, thanx in advance!

3 Answers Apr 17, 2009 at 10:04 AM
    • ephesus concerts september/october 2009

by carlrbrush Online Now Mar 26, 2009 at 6:21 PM

anyone have info about concerts, preferably in the amphitheater, between september 15/october 15 or thereabouts?

Thanksthanks
      Carl

• Virgin Marys House

by leighagrace Online Now Mar 24, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Can you get married at the virgin marys house by a priest? I would like to get married abroad have an appt in Turkey and would like it to be there - i am catholic and would like to be married by a priest

1 Answer Mar 24, 2009 at 4:24 PM
    • Events at Ephesus 2009

by monicaaksoy Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Hello,

Is there someone who has the programme for concerts or other events at ephesus for 2009??

Thanks in advance!!

Monica

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM
    • from Izmir to Ephesus

by Floretta Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 9:07 AM

HI:

We are a group of 4 adults we are taking a cruise and we will be in izmir in october, we donĀ“t want a tour, but we need advice in which bus taxi or minbus we have to take to arrive to Ephesus and were do we have to take it? is it a long way ? more than 1 hour?

thank you!

Maria

4 Answers Sep 4, 2008 at 1:49 PM
    • More info needed!

by venice2009 Online Now Jun 19, 2008 at 2:36 PM

1. Is it easy to identify the bus or mini bus that goes to Ephesus?
      2. When you leave the ship, where do you walk to to catch the local transportation?
      3. How far is it?
      4.How much does the local transportation cost?
      5. Is it safe to walk?
      6. Is there a way to get from Ephesus to St. John's Cathedral and the Virgin Mary House?
      7. Is transportation back as easy as getting there?

4 Answers Jul 7, 2008 at 5:58 AM
    • short tour in Ephesus

by jacko34 Online Now May 12, 2008 at 8:06 PM

You mentioned that you did the walking tour in one and a half hours, did you have a guide, how did you organize this. I feel this amount of time will be enough for my husband and I in the heat although we would like to see the main attractions. How much did the taxi cost to take you there and wait and bring you back ?.
      Thanks for your help.
      Jacko 34

3 Answers May 29, 2008 at 8:30 AM
    • How do I travel from cruise ship port to Ephesus?

by leila7998 Online Now May 5, 2008 at 6:50 PM

How much does a Taxi from the port cost to Ephasis? Are they safe? Are there buses to the site? oR TRAINS? Is it easy to get there? Or should I take a shore excurcion rom the ship? I will be traveling on June 7 2008 Splendor of the seas.

6 Answers Jun 19, 2008 at 2:34 PM
    • Ephesus to Dalaman

by juloz Online Now Apr 10, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Im travelling this region with my family (two adults three teenagers) in July and have priced airfares. They are prohibitive. Can anyone tell me how far it is by road, do buses go this route, how many hours will it take? Do we book? Thanks for any help

2 Answers Apr 11, 2008 at 6:22 AM
    • TAXI/MINI-BUS RATES? GOOD sis?

by passport2carole Online Now Feb 7, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Re: Kusadasi/Efes
      I would appreciate the CURRENT approximate rate for a taxi or mini-bus for a family group ( 9 of us!) round-trip from NEAR the port. We arrive in June '08 for a VERY short stay-enough for Ephesus and a bit of time in town.

Further, any suggestions for a LOCAL place serving good Turkish Doner Kebabs in those big white wrappers? We don't mind walking for a good LOCAL meal !

Also, if you are arriving by ship for only a day, no visa is needed. I appreciate your response!

Carole

3 Answers Feb 8, 2008 at 2:51 AM
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

What to do in Ephesus/Kusadasi

by Donna_in_India Online Now Dec 26, 2007 at 10:05 PM

Hi - we'll be coming into Ephesus/Kusadasi (by cruise) for about 9 hours in May. We'd like to explore on our own. Can anyone suggest what we should do/see? How is the best way to get around? Do we need a guide? Also, any specialty food/drink we should try? What should we shop for? Thanks for your help!

7 Answers Feb 8, 2008 at 2:03 AM
    • Ephesus grand theatre

by rmikehartl Online Now Nov 12, 2007 at 11:25 AM

Good morning,
      Please advise what concerts are featured at the Ephesus Grand theatre in May and June 2008 and where can one make reservations and obtain tickets.
      Thank you.
      Rlease note my correct e-mail address:
      rmikehartl@aol.com

4 Answers Dec 17, 2007 at 3:04 AM
    • Looking for Ephesus tour guide

by judyrobkin Online Now Sep 20, 2007 at 8:36 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable and interesting guide for Ephesus?

4 Answers Jan 4, 2011 at 3:19 AM
    • BUS TRANSPORTATION TO EPHESUS AND CAMEL WRESTLIN G

by graefin Online Now Sep 17, 2007 at 7:09 AM

We we would like to take the public Bus from Kusadasi and understand to pick it up at the "Bus Square". Is that near the cruise port? Also, where do we get off in Ephasus? We understand the main entrance is "on top of the hill". Does the bus stop at the main entrance? Can anyone give us directions to the main entrance? Is dolmas minibus and if so, is it better to take than public bus?
      Also, we'd love to see a camel wrestling performance in the theater. Do they have one in late November?
      Thanks for all your help.

1 Answer Sep 17, 2007 at 8:23 AM
    • Two days in Ephasus and Kusadasi

by LLKC Online Now Sep 12, 2007 at 6:51 AM

I will be in Kusadasi on the cruise ship Millenium the end of this month. We will have two days there. I planned on one day in Ephesus (is that enough or too much time?)but am looking for suggestions for the second day. Should we visit Selcuk and is it possible to get there without a car or tour?

4 Answers Sep 12, 2007 at 1:37 PM