change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

money exchange in Selcuk

Selcuk 16 hours ago

we plan to change some euros in TL at Izmir airport and then catching the train to Selcuk for some more.
      1)are there reliable exchange offices in Selcuk?
      2)is there big difference in the exchange rate?

more
    • Where to stay with college students?

by fwfrog Online Now May 8, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I will be traveling with about 25 graduate business students (ages about 23-24) for a one night to visit Ephesus, etc. Any recommendation on where to stay? I am considering Kusadasi and Selcuck. We will be traveling in January (3rd?). I want to make sure that there will be shops/restaurants nearby for them to visit that evening after our tour. I thought it might be nice to be located near the market in Selcuck but I believe it is only open on Saturday. We will be there on a Friday. Any suggestion would be appreciated! I would love advice on where to stay, any visits we should include, and restaurants that would be interesting for them.

13 Answers May 11, 2014 at 8:33 PM
    • Ephesus with kids

by wizalll Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Hi there, we are travelling to Turkey mid may to early June with our 5 and 2 year sons. It will be our first time. We want to do 5 days in Istanbul and then i had thought about flying to Izmir and doing Ephesus with them for a day or so and then stay around the coast there for the remaining 5 days. Will it be boiling hot then? I am conscious that we don't want the kids out in the baking sun at Ephesus and that we will have a buggy with us for our youngest. I know they will more than likely get bored but if i can mix up Ephesus with beach days then it shouldn't be too painful. Both my husband and I have been to Pompeii and i think it is similarly spectacular. What places/towns along the coast would you recommend that has lovely sandy beaches but is not too built up/touristy/filled with cruises. We won't be travelling as part of a tour and we would hire a car at Izmir to get us around.
      Thanking you for suggestions in advance.

9 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 2:11 PM
    • Ephesus Opening hours

by roystep Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 7:26 AM

what time does Ephesus close?

5 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    • nsaexport's Profile Photo

Istanbul to Selcuk by bus independently

by nsaexport Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 6:59 AM

How do travel from Istanbul to Ephesus independently?
      What should be my base for night stay - Kusadasi or Selcuk.

10 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    • Accomodations

by dgmmgd Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM

We plan to be in Ephesus for 2 nights - 3/13/14 & 3/14/14...can someone recommend a good hotel for a senior couple? Thank you!

3 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 7:03 AM
    • xbbb/\frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrge

by ccgarner3 Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 7:44 AM

I am traveling alone. What's the best tour from Izmir airport to Ephesus & Temple of Artemis & House of Mary and returning to the airport for a flight back to Athens.

6 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM
    • Ephesus with small children

by Aussieonthego Online Now Oct 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Can anyone recommend a good, inexpensive, child-friendly tour that would be suitable for small chilren? We are travelling with a 4.5yr-old and a 1-yr-old and will be docking in Izmir, planning to get to Ephesus for the day. Any recommendations?

11 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    • has somebody used www.shoreexcursionsistanbul.com

by GMinGM Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I will travel with my business partners in October and would like to do a package tour which includes some old city places and can custom it...when i researched in internet, the website appeared in my many research keywords. Has anyone used their services?
      I saw their reviews are top in TA but still want to know about experiences...

Baker

3 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM
    • tom.ch's Profile Photo

what is so special about Ephesus ?

by tom.ch Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM

My wife wants to make a cruise and we have different choices. One of them is going to Ephesus and I really do not understand what is so special about this old heap of stones ?

20 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 1:11 AM
    • Only one day in Ephesus. We are arriving Kusadasi port on the 19th September

by fmdevilliers Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM

HI; We are arriving in Kusadasi Port on 19 September. We would like to see Ephesus and was wandering if we can do it on our own or will you recommend to take a guided tour? What is the cost for entering all the historical places and public transport? Please give me advice...Thanks monique

13 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    • NerinaW's Profile Photo

program for shows at ephesus amphitheatre

by NerinaW Online Now Apr 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I will be traveling to Ephesus in May and would like to find a program for any live music shows at the amphitheatre .
      Any information on where to find a program on events would be appreciated.

6 Answers Apr 7, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    • Ekol tours

by greatmar Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 6:28 PM

We are using Ekol tour to see sites in Ephesus. They emailed and said they would give us a 50% discount off our tour for 4 people if we give 50% payment up front on our credit card? Is this safe to do???
      Thanks

1 Answer Mar 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    • AnthonyC17's Profile Photo

Transport to Santorini from Ephesus

by AnthonyC17 Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Hi.. Can you recommend me how to get to Santorini from Ephesus?

1 Answer Mar 18, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    • ephesus on Easter

by mheidt Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 2:18 PM

We are returning to Ephesus and it will be on Orthodox Easter Sunday. On the last trip we took a dolmus from Kusadasi to Ephesus and wondered if there will be any dolmus on Easter Sunday to rely on for transportation to Ephesus and Selcuk. If not, then I need to make arrangements for private transport. Any other special circumstances that might revolve around being in Ephesus on Easter Sunday? Thanks

2 Answers Feb 17, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    • From IZMIR PORT TO Ephesus by bus

by rongpeng1944 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 9:01 PM

We are going to IZMIR on 2/17 by Norwegian cruise Jade. We like to go to Ephesus by bus. I would like to know how to travel from port to the bus station where we can find bus to Selcuk?
      Thank you in advance.

Ron

5 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    • Where is ticket office for Terraces Houses

by Fredrica Online Now Oct 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I'm going to Ephesus, second time there, but want to do the Terraces Houses this time. Do I buy my ticket at the main Ephesus gate or at the entrance to the Terrace Houses? Thank you

3 Answers Oct 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM
    • Izmir, Port to Ephesus

by abahamon Online Now Sep 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM

i'm planning to rent a car in Izmir port to go to Ephesus, my questions is is easy to get there? do i need a GPS system in the car , the traffic is hard i have just 6 hours. any suggestions?

Thank you!!

2 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    • ephesus DIY current prices

by mheidt Online Now Sep 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM

We have been to Ephesus twice before with guides- terrific experience. This time we want to go on our own from cruiseport in Kusadasi. I plan to go to ATM in Kusadasi before catching the dolmus, but I am having trouble finding current prices. I think maybe the entrance fee is up to 25TL per person at Ephesus. Can anyone verify this? What is the current entry fee for the Terrace Houses? What is the current rate to take the dolmus from Kusadasi to Ephesus? ( I realize it lets off near the bottom gate) Can I walk from the port to the bus stop to catch the Dolmus to Ephesus or do I need to take a dolmus to get from the port to the Central bus station to catch the Kusadasi-Selcuk dolmus?

I want to have enough TL, but do not want to have alot left over. I believe it is respectful to pay in local currency, but I can't figure out how much and I believe they do not take credit cards, right?
      Thanks.

2 Answers Sep 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM
    • Jase1177's Profile Photo

Ephesus Re-Entry

by Jase1177 Online Now Jul 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Hello all!

Does anybody know if same-day re-entry is permitted at Ephesus, or would I need to purchase two tickets? I am thinking of going early in the morning, head back into Selcuk mid-day, and then back to Ephesus late afternoon after crowds shrink.

Thank you for any info!

2 Answers Jul 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM
    • Do I need to book a tour for Ephesus?

by Apak Online Now May 24, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Hello,
      My husband and I plan on touring Ephesus next week. We are staying at a hotel in Selcuk. I've looked in to booking a tour but they are kind of expensive. Can we stroll around on our own and still get the most out of it? Any tips would be most appreciated...
      Thanks.

9 Answers May 25, 2012 at 6:24 AM
    • MissAu's Profile Photo

Traveling alone from Istanbul to Ephesus

by MissAu Online Now May 6, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Hi,

I'll be having my trip by the last week of May and have EPHESUS as my number one of to-see-list. I understand that from Istanbul there is a flight to Izmir which is roughly more than an hour. Would be willing to go there in the morning and back to Istanbul.
      QUESTION:
      1.) From Izmir airport how will i reach to ephesus?
      2.) How much is the entrance for the ruins site, mother mary's house and other scenery.
      3.) How much is the bus trip from Izmir to Ephesus (Efes) and back.
      4.) Is there a scheduled bus trips to Ephesus from Izmir and back?

Thanks!

2 Answers May 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM
    • Doing Epheus and Selcuk independently

by Buranogal Online Now Jan 21, 2012 at 4:36 AM

How far from Cruise Port and time wise to bus station to get bus to Epheus. Lots of people said not safe on buses so would we bebetter to get train. Private tours too expensive and I read somewhere you can hire audio guides very cheap.Can anyone recommend a good restaurant at Selcuk.

10 Answers Mar 9, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    • Istanbul to Ephesus

by lantzquinta621 Online Now Oct 24, 2011 at 1:52 AM

What is the best, safe and comfortable, way to get from Istanbul to Ephesus, and back? What tour providers are trusted? Should we plan to spend one night in Ephesus?
      There are seven of us, all adults, traveling over new years 2011-12.
      Thank you.

5 Answers Oct 29, 2011 at 2:03 AM
    • cost of visit

by 705countrygirl Online Now Oct 5, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Our last stop in Turkey is Ephesus and we want to be sure to have enough liras to visit, with not much left over because converting back is hardly worth it.
      Could you please tell me what the current cost is...for the main entrance and also the terrace Houses.
      Also plse let me know if we could use euros or US dollars.
      And if we wanted to buy a carpet what currency do they like?

6 Answers Oct 6, 2011 at 12:28 AM
    • Tour Guide

by scallaghan Online Now Jun 26, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Several years ago we visited Turkey on a Renaissance Cruise itinerary. We arranged a private Ephesus tour. However, upon arrival, we found that our tour guide had made alternate arrangements for us as he was injured in accident. We are returning to Turkey next summer and would love to find either one of these guides. Hoping they might read this post or someone will have contact information. Our guide for the day was a woman named Eti (correct spelling??) I believe she was an art historian involved in the restoration of Ephesus. Does this ring a bell with anyone?? Would love any inforamtion.

Thanks!!

4 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 6:21 AM
    • Where to locate?

by DavidnJulia Online Now May 30, 2011 at 4:45 PM

We will be coming to Turkey (first time, but intrepid travellers and hikers) visiting as 2 fifty-something couples. Plan to ferry and train down from Istanbul to see Ephesus and the area. Probably will get a car in Izmir and explore as far as Pamukkale over several days. Looking for suggestions on where to stay around Izmir/Ephesus. The guidebooks mostly tell us what's wrong with Cesme, Alacati, Kusadasi, Selcuk and Sirince. Would love a first hand opinion on a pleasant, attractive and historically interesting (less touristy, if there ar eany) place to base in. Interesting mid-range lodging advice would also be a great help. Thanks!

5 Answers May 31, 2011 at 8:09 PM
    • Which tour should we do?

by gcgirl9787 Online Now May 23, 2011 at 6:57 AM

My family and I are taking a cruise and one of the stops is Ephesus. We are hoping to get feedback from people who have been there on which of the following two tours we should do:

Best of Antiquity

Driving from the pier through the Turkish countryside, you will arrive to the entrance to Ancient City of Ephesus that was built on a small hill, with the entrance located at the top of the hill and the exit at the bottom. Once you enter the Open Air Archeological Museum of Ephesus and pass by the Magnesia gate, you will enter the administrative section of ancient Ephesus. The guided walking tour will take you through one of the most magnificent excavations in the world. See the Odeon, the Fountain of Trajan, the steam baths of Scholastika, temple of Hadrian and the impressive library of Celsius. The library is adorned with columns and statues. The Grand Theater, where St. Paul preached, is one of the largest theaters in antiquity with a capacity of 24,000 seats. You will return to the buses through the Arcadian way, where Mark Anthony and Cleopatra once rode in procession.

Your next stop on the tour will be the city of Magnesia an ancient Greek city in Anatolia. The ancient city was founded by colonists from Thessalia, Greece. This is the ancient city where the name "magnet" comes from. Magnesia was an important location commercially and strategically in the triangle of Priene, Ephesus and Tralles. As an interesting note, Magnesia was the source for the mysterious stones that could attract or repel each other, and thus its name came to be used for the phenomenon known as magnetism. Continuing on your tour you will reach the ancient site of Miletus, which was a great Ionian Port, with two lions guarding its entrance as important in antiquity as Ephesus and famous for being the native city of several philosophers and sages. The Theatre, reconstructed during the Roman period, is an impressive structure built against the slope of a hill. Together with the well-preserved Faustina Baths they make up the only monument left from the ancient Miletus. You will continue to Didyma, to admire the magnificent Temple of Apollo, a great monument of antiquity. Some of the 120 columns that remain standing allow one to visualize the full magnificence of the structure. A typical lunch will be served in the town of "Didim" at a local restaurant, overhanging the ruins of the Temple of Didyma where you can taste the delicious samples of Turkish cuisine. On completion of your visit, your bus will take you to Kusadasi. Join the group for a refreshment stop and a brief carpet presentation or return directly to the ship, which is within walking distance.

OR

Biblical Ephesus

This tour is designed to introduce to you the "Biblical Ephesus". Driving from the pier through the Turkish countryside along a hilly drive, you arrive at the House of Virgin Mary where the Blessed Virgin is reputed to have spent the last years of her life. Outside is the Fountain of Our Lady, providing the faithful water from the holy foundation. From there, a short drive will take you to the entrance to Ancient City of Ephesus that was built on a small hill. Once you enter the Open Air Museum of Ephesus and pass by the Magnesia gate, you will enter the administrative section of ancient Ephesus. The guided walking tour will take you through one of the most magnificent excavations in the world. See the Odeon, the Fountain of Trajan, the steam baths of Scholastika, temple of Hadrian and the impressive library of Celsius. The Grand Theater, where St. Paul preached, is one of the largest theaters in antiquity with a capacity of 24,000 seats. The last major site you will visit in Ephesus is the "Church of Virgin Mary", also known as the Double Church as it is thought that one aisle was dedicated to the Virgin and the other to the Apostle John. This Church is believed to have been the meeting place of the historic Council of Ephesus. You will return to the buses through the Arcadian way, where Mark Anthony and Cleopatra once rode in procession. Overlooking Ephesus are the remains of St. John's Basilica, where, you will be given a short briefing on the excavations and their importance to the history of Christianity. Once great church built on a 2nd century tomb thought to hold the remains of St. John. While the church is now in ruins, there are many frescoes, mosaics and graceful columns that attest to the glory that marked the place where St. John, the Evangelist, lived and died. Your tour will follow with a "Biblical lunch", where you will be served food cited in the Bible and dishes made in accordance with Biblical ingredients. Following lunch, you will have chance to explore the effect of Christianity on the traditional local handicrafts with a short lecture by an expert. A carpet presentation will take place in a carpet weaving village also elaborating this influence. On completion of your visit, you will have time to explore, browse in Kusadasi.

thanks!

3 Answers May 23, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    • Visitng Ephesus ruins from harbour

by Annphia Online Now May 14, 2011 at 11:22 PM

My wife and I are visitng Ephesus for a day arriving by ship. Can we do a walking tour of the ancient city from there or will we need to take a tour offered by the cruise loner?
      Thank you
      Brian

7 Answers Oct 4, 2011 at 5:37 AM
    • Are Ephesus sites open in January?

by poodlepalace Online Now Nov 8, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Are the Ephesus historic sites open in early January? If so, what is the best way to get from Istanbul to Izmir? Thank you!

5 Answers Feb 11, 2011 at 4:46 AM
    • ajphilly's Profile Photo

Izmir Airport to Ephesus

by ajphilly Online Now Sep 1, 2010 at 10:39 AM

If my wife and I take a taxi from the Izmir airport to Ephesus, about how much should we expect to pay each way? We understand that we must bargain with the taxi driver.

Thank you in advance for your help.

9 Answers Oct 4, 2011 at 5:37 AM