Ephesus Travel Answers

change location

From IZMIR PORT TO Ephesus by bus

by rongpeng1944 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 9:01 PM

We are going to IZMIR on 2/17 by Norwegian cruise Jade. We like to go to Ephesus by bus. I would like to know how to travel from port to the bus station where we can find bus to Selcuk?
Thank you in advance.

Ron

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • June.b's Profile Photo

Re: From IZMIR PORT TO Ephesus by bus

by June.b Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM

You have to take a taxi to get to Izmir's main bus terminal from the port, and from there take a minibus to Selcuk, and then, a taxi to/around Ephesus, House of Virgin Mary, St. John's Basilica etc.

Most people getting off Norwegian Jade see Ephesus via a booking a tour and there are lots of them (hard to recommend anyone though). Some also hire taxis right from the port to Ephesus and hire a guide at the entrance, taxi waiting at the exit.

Taking the public transport is really possible but it may eat a lot of your time in Izmir with about 3 connections.

Enjoy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I guess booking a tour would save a lot of time and energy. Travelling alone, you will hassle with changing vehicles. Communication with locals can sometimes be difficult too. Ephesus and House of Mary are quite distant from each other. If you also add Sirince to the itinerary, transportation may become a big issue. You can check my Ephesus page for some useful tips.

• Re: From IZMIR PORT TO Ephesus by bus

by Kuskiwi Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Distance wise it is only roughly an hour and a half each way but you have to cross Izmir somehow and at some times of the day the traffic is horrendous and you have a number of changes to make. Your time is likely to be very limited at the other end. You need to weigh up the possibility of missing the ship verses the costs. On their tour the ship will wait for so many.

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

by traveloturc Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM

You can hire a minibus from the port and share the burden with your friends of the Boat ...good luck

• Re: From IZMIR PORT TO Ephesus by bus

by 88909u Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 6:34 PM

can i take the bus from izmir to ephesus and how much

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines