Ephesus Travel Answers

change location

Izmir, Port to Ephesus

by abahamon Online Now Sep 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM

i'm planning to rent a car in Izmir port to go to Ephesus, my questions is is easy to get there? do i need a GPS system in the car , the traffic is hard i have just 6 hours. any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Izmir, Port to Ephesus

by Kuskiwi Online Now Sep 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM

A GPS would be a good idea. Unfortunately you will need to cross quite a bit of Izmir to get to Seluck (for Ephesus)and there are really no great options to miss most of the traffic. Unless it has happened in the last 12 months (a local poster may be able to help there) the motorways don't quite link up. A little will depend on time and day as to how heavy the traffic is, but Izmir is a bit sprawling city. Once out of the city the roads are good. Avoid the coast road as it is slower and winding.
    If there are day excursions available I'd take one of those as it is then their responsibility to get you back to the ship on time. Getting caught in traffic and missing the boat could be expensive.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

Re: Izmir, Port to Ephesus

by globetrott Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 8:59 PM

As you obviously come by cruiseship and have just 6 hours for your drive to and from Ephesus and the visit of the sights there, I would highly recommend to take a taxi or one of the tours offered by the cruiseship !
    Maybe that is a bit more expensive, BUT will serve you from a lot of troubles !

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines