Ephesus Travel Answers

change location

ephesus DIY current prices

by mheidt Online Now Sep 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM

We have been to Ephesus twice before with guides- terrific experience. This time we want to go on our own from cruiseport in Kusadasi. I plan to go to ATM in Kusadasi before catching the dolmus, but I am having trouble finding current prices. I think maybe the entrance fee is up to 25TL per person at Ephesus. Can anyone verify this? What is the current entry fee for the Terrace Houses? What is the current rate to take the dolmus from Kusadasi to Ephesus? ( I realize it lets off near the bottom gate) Can I walk from the port to the bus stop to catch the Dolmus to Ephesus or do I need to take a dolmus to get from the port to the Central bus station to catch the Kusadasi-Selcuk dolmus?

I want to have enough TL, but do not want to have alot left over. I believe it is respectful to pay in local currency, but I can't figure out how much and I believe they do not take credit cards, right?
Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: ephesus DIY current prices

by Kuskiwi Online Now Sep 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Yes the entrance fee is now 25 TL p p. (went up in May) Last time I went to the Terrace Houses it was 15 but that may have also gone up and I couldn't find it on the schedule. You can walk from the port to the dolumus station. (allow 10-15 minutes) The cost last season was 5 TL single journey. Yes you will need cash in TL for all these payments. While the traders and some restaurants will often take other currencies you are stuck with their conversion rate which is usually not good.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: ephesus DIY current prices

by leics Online Now Sep 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM

It's not a matter of being 'respectful': it's simply a matter of using the legal currency of a country. Those who may be willing to accept other currencies (not just in Turkey but anywhere) do so because it is beneficial to them...not you...because...

....as noted above, if you pay anywhere in a currency other than the legal one you are almost 100% certain to get a poorer exchange rate (not least because the seller must cover his/her own conversion charges).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines