Ephesus Travel Answers

change location
MissAu's Profile Photo

Traveling alone from Istanbul to Ephesus

by MissAu Online Now May 6, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Hi,

I'll be having my trip by the last week of May and have EPHESUS as my number one of to-see-list. I understand that from Istanbul there is a flight to Izmir which is roughly more than an hour. Would be willing to go there in the morning and back to Istanbul.
QUESTION:
1.) From Izmir airport how will i reach to ephesus?
2.) How much is the entrance for the ruins site, mother mary's house and other scenery.
3.) How much is the bus trip from Izmir to Ephesus (Efes) and back.
4.) Is there a scheduled bus trips to Ephesus from Izmir and back?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: Traveling alone from Istanbul to Ephesus

by qaminari Online Now May 6, 2012 at 6:28 AM

If you are serious about doing this as a day trip I would seriously advise you to buy a package including transfers, see toursistanbul.com/day-trips-...
    The flight may not be that long, but you need to take into account the need to get to and from airports.
    1) By airport bus into Izmir (although this is in the wrong direction for Ephesus) - then either train (1h15) or bus from Büyük Otogar (about the same) to Selcuk (2 km or so from Ephesus), then dolmus to Ephesus (5 mins or so); OR (better) by taxi from the airport to dolmus stop on the main road (2 mins - you would be intercepting the Izmir-Selcuk bus coming from Izmir itself every 15/20 mins or so), then dolmus to Selcuk (50 mins), then another to Ephesus (5-8 mins, frequent departures); see selcukephesus.com/how-to-arr... - and also http://wikitravel.org/en/Ephesus
    2) 20 + 12.5 YTL + what "scenery"?
    3) Depends on how you choose to go, but by dolmus from near the airport, I think 12 YTL to Selcuk and 5 YTL from there to Ephesus.
    4) Do you want to go into Izmir itself (as mentioned, opposite direction from Ephesus, from the airport) and do you mean day trip from there? If so, see For day tour from Izmir itself, see allistanbultours.co.uk/all-i... If you mean scheduled bus alone, these leave every 15 mins or so. Timetable depends on company concerned, for websites of individual companies see e-yasamrehberi.com/otobus_fi...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MissAu's Profile Photo

Re: Traveling alone from Istanbul to Ephesus

by MissAu Online Now May 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM

WOW! That's indeed a very precise answer. Thank you so much! :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines