Ephesus Travel Answers

change location

Istanbul To selcuk

by btlim Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Plan to travel by night bus from Istanbul to selcuk. Is there any direct bus to Selcuk. I was told you need to get to Izmir and then take a bus to Selcuk. Is yes, how frequent is the Selcuk bound bus adn the cost? Also which Istanbul bus station should I go for the bus.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • melek02's Profile Photo

Re: Istanbul To selcuk

by melek02 Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 5:59 AM

There are direct buses to Selchuk as well, at least Kamil Koc and Pamukkale bus companies have office in Selcuk bus station and as I remember I have used direct bus of Kamil Koc once. Also you can take bus going to Kusadasi, it will drop you in Selcuk.
    There is few direct buses to Selcuk itself but much more to Izmir, you should go out in Izmir Otogar (Bus station), bus to Selcuk departs from the same bus station once in hour, first bus is 7 am, so to change a bus is not big deal.
    The main Istanbul bus station located in Esenler (Otagar or Esenler metro station), but the bus companies usually have free service bus from a lot of points in Istanbul. Then you will buy a ticket in ticket office you should ask them what time service bus will depart for your bus to Izmir / Selcuk, service bus will deliver you to the nearest big bus stop point, it is not necessary main bus station.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • graeme83's Profile Photo

Re: Istanbul To selcuk

by graeme83 Online Now Apr 1, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Yes, there are direct buses to Selcuk. I remember getting a night bus from Istanbul and arriving quite early in the morning in Selcuk. The bus I was on terminated in Kusadasi further along the coast, but not all buses going there will stop in Selcuk. The bus company i used was Hakiki Koç, but there are numerous others that stop here (Metro, Cannakale/Truva etc). The busiest bus station is the Istanbul Otogar so you will have more options if you use this bus station.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines