Ephesus Travel Answers

change location
FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Recommendation of day tour companies for cruiseship traveler

by FreeCloud Online Now Jul 17, 2009 at 7:31 AM

In September, my friends are planning to take a Holland American line with following excursions. It seems the cruiseline arranged tours are filled, can anyone recommend good/reliable day tour (that could take you from the dock, tour and back to dock?) at Euphesus?

Is there any good day tour company picking them up from the cruise ship, have a tour of around etc then take them back to the cruise ship? How much would this cost?

If you have any day tour company recommendation for places below also, it would be very helpful:
- Athens (from dock Pireas)
- Corfu
- Katakolon

- Messina, Sicily, Italy
- Dubrovnik, Croatia

Thanks in advance for any help!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • nicolaitan's Profile Photo

Re: Recommendation of day tour companies for cruiseship traveler

by nicolaitan Online Now Jul 17, 2009 at 1:29 PM

if there are several of you, you might better hire your own private guide as we did rather than joining the large, very large, bus groups. that way you will hear everything and move at your pace, not the group or the guide's pace. we used this guy --- ilker_eti@yahoo.com. tell him lesley sent you. he may not be the best in the world but he will get you to the selcuk museum unlike most of these tours which you don't want to miss. and he is flexible - will go where you want, not where the bus goes. he has his own van driver. ephesus is quite amazing. do some reading before you go.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Recommendation of day tour companies for cruiseship traveler

by Donna_in_India Online Now Jul 17, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Hi - I'd post your questions on www.cruisecritic.com - you can post specifically under ports of call for each place and you should get alot of recommendations for good guides in each port. You can also post under roll calls for your specific cruise to see if anyone on your cruise is looking to share a tour. I wouldn't worry about missing the cruiseline tour; I think you'll find you have more felxibility on your own and it will cost less. Have a great cruise!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines