Ephesus Travel Answers

change location
ringleader's Profile Photo

Ephesus guide book with transparency overlays

by ringleader Online Now Jun 12, 2009 at 8:54 AM

When we were in Kusadasi we saw a book in the bookstore just outside of the port that had transparencies overlays to the ruins so you could see the "then and now" differences. However, they did not have the book in English, so we hoped to find the book when we got home. Does anyone know the author/publisher/website or source where we can get it?
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Ephesus guide book with transparency overlays

by PattyDowns Online Now Nov 2, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I don't have an answer, but I would like to know if you do find out where we can obtain the book. I was able to find them in English for Athens and Delphi but not for Ephesus. Thanks.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by dhinchey Online Now Feb 6, 2010 at 8:21 AM

I am trying to find the book as well. It is called Ephesus, Priene, Miletus, Didyma: Yesterday and Today, the Major Temples. Guide Pratiche. Immagine Universale. 2004. They have an email address however I get no response

immagineuniversale@libero.it Let me know if you find one.

Dave
    dlhinchey2@comcast.net

by janiefoster Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 11:34 AM

And yes, I've been looking aswell since I came back. They had loads, both at the Ephesus shop and in the Port shops. I decided not to get one then, but later regretted it especially since I got the ones for Pompeii, Rome and Athens and wanted to complete my collection.

It cost 15 euros almost everywhere. I have looked on the Net, Amazon etc but can't find it either.

If anyone is going this summer, would you pick one up for me and I'll give you the money (only half joking!).

If I do find it anywhere, I will post a response.

by Cindieh Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Ephesus and Pergamon by Eugenia Equini Schneider might be the book you want. It is at Vision Publishing in Rome, Italy: www.visionpubl.com. You can order this from the publisher in English edition. I also am interested in this book and am trying to work out a payment option since I don't use paypal.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines