Ephesus Travel Answers

change location
JEN1865's Profile Photo

Private Guide in Ephesus in May - recommendations?

by JEN1865 Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 5:54 PM

My husband and I are interested in hiring a private guide while in Ephesus, and the only company I've found that will allow us to design our own tour (Ephesus, Mary's House, Terrace Houses, and Ephesus Museum, and perhaps St. John's Basilica if there is time) is EphesusTours.biz.

Can anyone recommend this company, or any other company that will allow us to make up our own itinerary?

EpheusTours.biz is licensed by TURSAB (Assoc of Turkish Travel Agencies) and it looks legit. But I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has used this company or can recommend another.

Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • nicolaitan's Profile Photo

Re: Private Guide in Ephesus in May - recommendations?

by nicolaitan Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 7:59 PM

with the exception of the terrace houses, yours is the standard tour that everyone takes and i can't understand why some companies won't allow it. certainly not that much more to see in selcuk except maybe 5 minutes at the temple of artemil.

ilker_eti@yahoo.com - perhaps not the super best but more than adequate. allowed us entrance to terrace houses not part of the usual tour - of course we had to pay the additional fee, but believe me worth every lira. even drove us over to kusadasi in the late afternoon. make sure you get to the museum, 30 power packed minutes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Private Guide in Ephesus in May - recommendations?

by mariyeta Online Now Apr 20, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Hi!
    I posted almost the same question few days ago, and I've received few useful advices. In the meantime, I found the web site of one guide and contacted him, now thinking of hiring him for my tour in June. He is higly recommended on some other forums and his price seems very reasonable, considering that he offers exactly what you are looking for - a tailor made tour.
    www.ertungaecir.com
    I hope this information will help you too!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines