Epanomi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• BEST SEASON FOR MYKONOS AND SANTORINI

Greece 4 hours ago

We plan to be in Greece in the second half of September next year (beginning 16 September). We will be first spending about 6-7 days visiting Athens, Olympia, Delphi etc and thereafter from the 24th to 30 September we would spend 3-4 days each in Mykonos and Santorini in that order. In Mykonos and Santorini, amongst other things we do, look forward to going in the water on the beaches. Weather wise it is good to do so or will the water become too cold for swimming? Should we reverse the sequence and first go to the islands and thereafter come to the mainland?
      TIA

more
    • Clothes for the larger lady

Athens Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Are there any clothes shops in Athens catering for larger ladies?

more
    • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Santorini's YOUTH HOSTEL OIA -- The End Of An Era

Santorini Island Nov 5, 2014 at 3:45 PM

After 34 years of hosting visitors to Santorini from every corner of the globe the Youth Hostel Oia, owned by my dear friend Manolis Karvounis, has closed its doors for good. I wish Manolis and Gabi much joy and happiness wherever their path leads them. YAMAS!

more
    • lforlondon's Profile Photo

Island hopping in Greece?

Greece Nov 24, 2014 at 12:17 PM

My sister and I are going to Greece next month December. Is island hopping possible in December? Are there any tour for this? We are arriving 1st December. Is there any one day trip/2 day trip cruise available?

more
    • location similar to Kamari promenade elsewhere?

Santorini Island Nov 16, 2014 at 4:06 AM

In the last summer I spent a few days in the town of Kamari. I liked the pedestrian promenade along the beach with many clubs, restaurants and small hotels directly on it. It was very pleasant to have a drink in our hotel’s pool-bar facing the sea and the nice crowd walking on the promenade.
      I’m wondering if a location like this exsists in any other Greek island! Do you know any?

more
    • Kalamata to Messini archeological site

Kalamata Nov 12, 2014 at 6:54 AM

How can you get from the cruise port in Kalamata to the Messini archeological site by bus?

more
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

Luggage in Bluestar ferry to Santorini

Greece Nov 17, 2014 at 8:57 AM

HI everyone, my question is:
      If I take the bluestar ferry from Pireaus to Santorini in economy class, will I be able to store my luggage somewhere, or do I have to keep it next to me all the time (we are 2 adults, 1 child, carrying 3 big suitcases)
      How about in a cabin? If I take a cabin I suppose I can leave it in the cabin and take a walk around the decks and then go back to the cabin and sleep for a while. Are cabin passengers allowed in the decks and/or business lounge?

Thanks!

more
    • SUGGESTIONS ON 14 DAYS IN GREECE

Greece Nov 17, 2014 at 3:27 AM

My wife and I are a middle aged couple and are planning a fortnight's trip to Greece in the Second half of September 2015 (from 16 Sep to 30 Sep). We have worked out the following itinerary:-
      Day 01: Arr Athens by Air; Night tour of Athens.
      Day 02: Athens; City tour of Athens. (Visit temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian’s arch and Acropolis.
      Day 03: Athens – Olympia. Via Theatre of Epidaurus, Nauplion, Mycenae, Tomb of Agamemnon, Central Peloponnese, Tripolis, Megalopolis.
      Day 04: Visit Olympian Zeus, Drive through Eliad and Achaia to Delphi.
      Day 05: Delphi – Kalambaka.
      Day 06: Visit Meteora, Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae.

Day 07: Athens - Mykonos

Day 08: Mykonos
      Day 09 Mykonos
      Day 10 Mykonos - Santorini
      Day 11: Santorini - Volcano & Hot Springs Boat Tour.
      Day 12 Santorini.
      Day 13: Santorini – Athens
      Day 14 Depart Athens by air.
      Would welcome a critique on the above with specific recommendations of:-
      (a) Whether what we are doing is part of a "must do" and whether we are missing out anything.
      (b) Is the weather OK during this period or should we advance the plan by a week / 10 days.
      © Any changes to the above are most welcome please.
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

Where can I pickup bluestar ferry tickets bought online.

Greece Nov 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM

HI everyone,

I am taking a ferry from Piraeus to Santorini on April 4 2015. I understand this can be a very busy date since its easter sunday, so I don´t want to risk it and prefer to buy my ferry tickets in advance.
      I could use your recommendations on wether I should buy them directly from the bluestar website and pickup at one of their "central agencies" like:
      GIOVANTI
      26, Akti Possidonos, 18531 Piraeus
      Τel.: +30-210-4119171, 4119175, Fax: +30-210-4137144
      e-mail: info@giovanti.gr

Or is it better to book through another website that delivers the tickets at the airport/hotel?

Which option is more reliable?
      Thanks!

more
    • shwemanthu's Profile Photo

International Driver License

Athens Yesterday

We will be in Athens in December next month planning to rent a car. Do we need international driver license to drive around? We both have Canadian driver licenses. Please advise.

Thanks,

more

suggestion on 2 weeks in December in Greece

Greece Nov 22, 2014 at 3:38 AM

My husband and I will be coming on a 2 weeks (dec.3 to 17) visit to Greece in December. Our general plan is 2/3 days in Athens then rent a car and drive to interesting places/small city and visit 2 islands. I checked extended weather forecast for December in Athens and found that after December 10 there will be cloudy and thunder storm most of the days. It looks like we will be in 7days in good weather and 7days in somewhat rainy/cloudy weather. Please advise what to do/see in December. Thanks in advance.

more
    • considering retiring in samos or open to other island and I need some help

Samos Island Nov 4, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Hi, I'm uk citizen and have been living in virginia bch va usa as us citizen. My family live in uk and I'm wanting to live closer to them without living in uk! Im female 64 yrs. I will be living off my uk/usa pension/social security. I will need to feel safe & secure, so interested in crime rates, where best to live and not!
      What are requirements for living permanently in greece as uk citizen. Can I work or open a small business, I'm in skin care field offering customized facial treatments & retail skin care products.
      What kind of money will I be looking at for accommodation, food, utilities, travel etc. Are there theaters close buy? Does samos still have things to do after tourists have left. (I'm not a drinker, so not interested in bar scene). I would like to get involved in the community, I like to keep busy but also love my quiet time too. I love learning new skills & hobbies and enjoy people. I might even be interested in an online business, if I could figure out what type, and it would help financially, (any ideas?) Also, how difficult is it to open a bank account and have pension deposited?
      If you have any Information that would be beneficial I would appreciate it.
      My sister and I are planning a visit this year to visit a couple of islands or so. I'd love to hear about your experiences and wisdom. Kind regards, linda

more

What will open and what will close in December

Santorini Island Nov 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

We are planning to visit Santorini Island in first week of December for 4 days. Please advise where to stay/ what to do..etc. I checked one of the Hotel and found that it is closed after last week of October. Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

more
    • a location like this in Mykonos?

Mykonos Nov 16, 2014 at 4:03 AM

In the last summer I spent a few days in Santorini in the town of Kamari. The location was perfect: there’s a long pedestrian promenade along the beach with many clubs, restaurants and small hotel directly on it. It was very leasant to have drink in our hotel’s pool-bar facing the sea and the nice crowd walking on the promenade.
      I’m wondering if a location like this exsists in Mykonos or in any other Greek island! Do you know any?

more