Entebbe Travel Answers

change location

Early Breakfast in Entebbe

by bwaurich Online Now May 8, 2012 at 6:03 AM

Hello,
Can anybody recommend a venue for an early breakfast near the airport in Entebbe? We will arrive at 3:30am and do prefer to travel at daytime, therefore would like to have an early breakfast in Entebbe before moving on to our final destination in Jinja. Any suggestions?
Many thanks!
B

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • sphynxxs's Profile Photo

Re: Early Breakfast in Entebbe

by sphynxxs Online Now May 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM

3.30 will be a problem to find breakfast... There might be something open at the airport itself (overpriced as usual at such locations). You do not mention whether Entebbe is your arrival point in Africa and how you will travel on - if you use a bus or minibus from one of the local stations, you will find some streetfood and hawkers there. If you have just flown in from outside Africa and are not used to the local bugs you might find in the food (streetfood in Africa does not have the quality as, say, in SE Asia), stay away from stuff like samosas and stick to groundnuts or roasted maize

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Miguelzgz's Profile Photo

by Miguelzgz Online Now May 15, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Agree with the previous poster. I am ot 100% sure, but I just can remember ONE bar at the airport, and it didnĀ“t look like 24/365. The airport is very isolated, so no other shops by the airport...so you should drive to "entebbe city".
    My piece of advice is to carry some food in your hand luggage, have it at the airport or even in the car on your way to Jinja, and as soon as you find a village with a bar or restaurant you stop and you have another meal.

Good luck. Enjoy Uganda.

• muguruki's Profile Photo

by muguruki Online Now May 15, 2012 at 9:25 AM

If you are out of the airport pretty sharpish you may want to try one of the bars that should be still open. 4 Point is 10 minute drive from the airport and on the way. They do a lot of food but not sure if they do food at that time of the morning. You could also try Red Rooster a bit further up the road or 4 Turkeys in Entebbe town.

You could just get going on the road to Jinja and stop where all the buses stop at the roadside food place just before Mabira Forest where I've eaten at 8 in the morning (not sure about any earlier) you can usually get roast chicken, ggonja (roast banana) chapati and all sorts of fruit.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines