Entebbe Travel Answers

change location

a brief early morning in Entebbe

by roanna Online Now Sep 2, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I arrive in Entebbe at 4am on Saturday September 12th. It will be mid to late afternoon before I am collected for the remainder of my journey. Where can I store my luggage while I explore? I would like to be in a safe area, maybe with restaurants (Ugandan food, not International). I enjoy people watching and local crafts.

Also, does anyone know how long it will take me to get through customs? I am a US citizen but will be traveling from Cairo.

Thank you in advance!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • muguruki's Profile Photo

Re: a brief early morning in Entebbe

by muguruki Online Now Sep 4, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Customs at Entebbe are usually pretty good I've never had to wait long I've found it quicker if I don't have a visa as the visa queue is shorter.

I'm sure any hotel would look after your luggage possibly for a small charge. if it was me I would go straight to the Lake Victoria Hotel ask if it would be possible to stash your luggage there I would let them know that I was going to use the pool later in the day and maybe pay for that before you leave (it is only a small charge) keep them sweet. Then head out to find somewhere that will be open for tea and a rolex. Not sure there will much open at that time of the morning possibly something around the taxi park maybe open.

Lake Victoria Hotel is situated between Entebbe town and Kitoro township there are restaurants I both places but more chance of local food in Kitoro. There are markets in both places as well but I doubt you would find local crafts only second hand clothes and fruit.

You could possibly have lunch at Catch 21 then get back to the Lake Vic and have a dip in the pool with a nice cold Nile whilst waiting for your lift.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines