Entebbe Travel Answers

change location

The rainy season

by kirkmeister Online Now Oct 3, 2005 at 12:28 PM

HI

I am thinking of travelling to Entebbe to meet 2 friends march/april 2006. I think this is the rainy season. Is that right?

What is the rainy season like? How much rain how often? What do people do when it rains? What is the temperature like?

I have never been to Africa or aywhere like it before and this is a special opportunity but I am a bit concerned I may end up unable to explore anything because the rain is soo bad and I will only have 2 weeks.

Your thoughts and advise needed and welcomed.

thank you
kirkmeister

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: The rainy season

by onebadu Online Now Oct 12, 2005 at 9:29 PM

The Weather in Uganda is quite unpredictable and there is no reliable weather forecast service. March/April lie at the end of a dry spell, if my memory serves me right, so you just might be lucky if you are there at the end of the dry spell.

During a typical rain season, it rains at least once every day for a couple of days before drying out for one or two days, and then resume. The murram roads get are quite a mess during the rain season so you will have to pack some durable shoes. A light raincoat will be very usefull too or un umbrella.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: The rainy season

by onebadu Online Now Oct 12, 2005 at 9:32 PM

The Weather in Uganda is quite unpredictable and there is no reliable weather forecast service. March/April lie at the end of a dry spell, if my memory serves me right, so you just might be lucky if you are there at the end of the dry spell.

During a typical rain season, it rains at least once every day for a couple of days before drying out for one or two days, and then resume. The murram roads are quite a mess during the rain season so you will have to pack some durable shoes. A light raincoat will be very usefull too or un umbrella.

• RE: RE: The rainy season

by kirkmeister Online Now Oct 17, 2005 at 7:19 AM

So it is definately still worth going even if its rainy. it is not like everywhere totally floods!!
    thank you.

Do you have any advice for someone who has never been to Africa before and is going to Entbbe, staying for 2 weeks?
    kirsty

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines