Enschede Travel Answers

change location

enschede world champs help!

by traylertravels Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 7:01 AM

We are coming to Enschede in late June for the Softball World Championships & we're trying to find cheap accommodation for a few days (prob a hostel or very cheap hotel). I know the tournament is being played @ The Cottonfields (Kotkampweg 119), but can't find it on any maps, so can't figure out where it's best to stay. We won't have a car & will be relying on public transport. If transport to the grounds is close, then we can pretty well stay anywhere, but if there is no transport near the grounds, we will need to stay close by.

Please help.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • adinda's Profile Photo

Re: enschede world champs help!

by adinda Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 7:53 AM

hoteliers.nl/enschede/eden-d... is the cheepest I could find, or search booking.com/city/nl/enschede...?

Don't worry too much about transport, there are buses going everywhere.
    And you couls always email the organising party (wksoftbaljunioren2007.nl/ind..., bottom of page) for more info.

Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Niekie's Profile Photo

by Niekie Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 8:40 AM

Hi,

You can use multimap.com to find the address on a map, see:
    multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?...
    When you've found a hotel you like, you can check out its distance from the softball grounds by public transport on www.9292ov.nl. I think the site is only in Dutch, but it's pretty straitforward. Just type the hotel address where it says "van" (= from), don't forget to put in "Enschede" where it says "plaats" (=city), and type the Cottonfields address where it says "naar" (= to) and click "geef reisadvies" (= give traveladvise). The site will then tell you which bus to take and how long it takes to get there. Most hotels will probably be located within 25 minutes of traveling and using this site you can make sure this is the case for your hotel.
    Niekie

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 8:43 AM

One of the Netherlands Forum's champions is pieter_jan_v. He happens to live near Enschede. Get in touch with him for advice. Though he'll probably find this question soon.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 1:37 PM

OK, I was out for the day, but here I'm back for help.

First the map and the hotels; see:

viamichelin.com/viamichelin/...

More hotels at my Ensched hotel tips at:

"All Enschede Hotels" - Enschede Hotel Tip by pieter_jan_v

I recommend the hotel at the Unirvercity campus: drienerburght.nl/index.php?i...

The problem is, there are no hostels around here; there are some campings, but I don't know if that's an option.

Maybe you should contact the organising club; there website (wksoftbaljunioren2007.nl/ind... looks perfect!
    Normally I should expect the club arranges some cheap housing.

Renting a bicycle is probably the best option to move around in Enschede.
    Local bus info at my Ensche transportation tip at:
    "By Connexxion Bus" - Enschede Transportation Tip by pieter_jan_v

Open to more questions (can do more if I have a budget indication).

PJ

• Re: enschede world champs help!

by traylertravels Online Now Apr 11, 2007 at 10:02 PM

thank you so much to all for helping us out ... and so quickly! This is the first time I've ever used a travel forum site, but it certainly won't be the last!

Cheers!

• Re: enschede world champs help!

by MANDYkk Online Now Apr 29, 2007 at 1:42 PM

I have a 6 month old baby travelling with me and need reasonably affordable accomodation near the softball park from approx. 15th - 30th June.
    My wife is assistant coach for the New Zealand team so would like to be not to far from her should unforseen circumstances arrive concerning baby.
    I am travelling with a friend whose wife is also involved with the New Zealand team.
    Will consider b & b, y.h.a.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 29, 2007 at 11:39 PM

There are not too many options at Enschede; see the ones I already gave (and those are the cheapest).

I only can say you ask the organising club to help and find accommodation in private homes of club members or other people that might help the club out.

PJ

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines