Travel Answers
Engstlensee

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dubendorf to Mt. Titlis on a day trip.

Dübendorf Yesterday

I am new to Dubendorf. Would like to visit Mt. Titlis on a day trip on the June 13 weekend. What is the most economical way? thanks in advance.

more
    • Driving from Innsbruck to Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen Jun 1, 2015 at 8:52 AM

We plan to drive from Innsbruck to Lauterbrunnen on September 9th, 2015. Please give advice on route options. Which is the most scenic route? Thank you.

more
    • iammon's Profile Photo

Restaurant for Families

Bern May 25, 2015 at 7:43 AM

We (family with two little kids) will be meeting friends from the US (kids as well) for Dinner in Berne or vicinity.
      Any inputs for something that's touristically interesting?
      Thanks for your help!

more
    • Trip to Schilthorn

Switzerland May 10, 2015 at 8:19 AM

Could you help with my trip to Schilthorn, Wengen, Murren & KLEINE SCHEIDEGG
      While going : Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen to Murren to Schilthorn
      While returning from Schilthorn to Murren to Lauterbrunnen to Wengen to Mannlichen. Walk from Mannlichen to KLEINE SCHEIDEGG. Then train back to Grindelwald
      My ticket to Schilthorn from Grindelwald i guess will not cover all of these trips
      Could you help with which trips will need extra tickets here

more
    • Transport from Engelberg to Milan Airport

Engelberg May 9, 2015 at 12:13 AM

Hi, Whats the Best way to Transfer from Engelberg to Malpensa Airport Milan for family of 5 including 3 kids?

regards,

Hassan

more
    • What is the best route to drive from Innsbruck to Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen May 29, 2015 at 9:19 AM

What is the best route to drive from Innsbruck to Lauterbrunnen

more
    • Upgrade to First Class with Swiss Pass of Second Class

Switzerland May 17, 2015 at 9:05 PM

Hi,

I am to travel from Chur to Samedan by Glacier Express and will have Swiss Pass - Consecutive Travel - 15 Days. I also wish to travel Samedan to Brig by Glacier Express with same pass but in First Class.

I will make my reservation in First Class.

My question is:-
      1. What amount I will be required to pay as difference of travel class (from 2nd to 1st) for Chur to Samedan and From Samedan to Brig.

I shall be very thankful for the requested information.

Thanks & regards

more
    • Airport Transit Visa - Delhi - Zurich - Toronto

Zürich May 17, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Hi

I am flying on an Indian passport from Delhi to Toronto via Zurich (Layover 3 hours) - do i need a Airport Transit Visa?

I am flying on 23rd May, 2015.

Thanks
      Rahul

more
    • Is there a bicycle shop nearby that has rentals?

Zuoz May 15, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Where is the closest place to Zuoz to rent bicycles?

more
    • distance

Lucerne May 25, 2015 at 6:40 PM

how far is the vitzual train station from MT Rigi stop ? sorry about the spelling

more
    • lanef's Profile Photo

AU$ dollar to Swiss Franks

Bern May 19, 2015 at 8:41 PM

If I have Australian dollar notes with me, is it easy to find a money changer or a bank to change the Australian currency to Swiss currency in Bern? Thanks

more
    • coloradopair's Profile Photo

Train tickets from Zermatt to Zurich

Switzerland May 16, 2015 at 4:45 PM

We will be ending a French/Swiss hiking trip in Zermatt and will be flying back to US from Zurich. I've been checking the Swiss Rail web-site for dates and times to Zurich.
      Am I correct that Swiss rail tickets do not go on sale until 30 days before departure? I can get schedules, but not fares. I don't need any Swiss rail pass since this will be the only Swiss rail ticket I have to buy. All other Swiss tranport is part of the hike trip. I know not to buy from Rail Europe due to extra cost. Is it even necessary to buy in advance or can I simply purchase ticket when I arrive in Zermatt? There seems to be many trains daily from Zermatt to Zurich. Any advice is most welcome.

Jim

more
    • AmrD's Profile Photo

Cheepest transportation

Switzerland May 14, 2015 at 8:41 AM

I'll start euro trip with 2 of my friends, we will start our trip in switzerland, then farkfurt and end our trip in amesterdam.
      What will be the cheepest trasportation for us renting car orusing train? And what is the average price per day?

more
    • TRAIN BETWEEN LUZERN TO ENGELBERG

Lucerne May 10, 2015 at 10:53 AM

is there any problem for trains between luzern to engelberg? we are travelling from zurich to engelberg on 14 may 2015.
      appreciate early reply.
      thnx n regards.

UTKARSHA

more
    • POSCHIAVO FROM MILAN

Poschiavo May 9, 2015 at 9:49 AM

How best can we reach Poschiavo from Milan , if we want to start from Milan around 6pm on the evening of 23rd June ? WE are a group of 7 including 3 children aged 9,9,14 . Pl note that we would like to spend the night in Suisse hotel at Poschiavo .

Puneet

more
    • St.Moritz Itinerary

Saint Moritz May 8, 2015 at 9:47 AM

We're a group of 7 including 3 children reaching st.moritz at 12.30 pm on 24th June by Bernina exp. Hotel check in will consume another 30 min. Can we visit the following places on the same day as we're taking the glacier express the next morning .
      Diavolezza
      Funicular upto Corviglia & over to Piz Nair by cable car from Corviglia
      St. Moritz Leaning Tower
      Hanselmann, the Confiserie
      If at all it is possible to visit all the above places , how exactly should we go about it .
      Puneet

more
    • Puneet Gopal

Lucerne May 7, 2015 at 8:13 AM

We are staying in lucerne from 25th june to 27th june . We need to go to see Trummelbach falls in the morning of 27th june & thereafter reach Basel Bad Bf the same day by 14.00hrs to catch a train for Frankfurt . Is it possible to get a taxi for 7 persons to make this trip at around 7.00AM starting from Roesli Guest House . If so how much would the taxi cost & where should we contact for the booking .Regards .
      Puneet - India

more
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

From French sector to Swiss Railway station at Airport

Geneva 23 hours ago

We will rent a car in France and drive to Geneva. To avoid international one way fare we would like to drop the car off at the French sector of the airport. Can we go to the Swiss sector to catch a train to Berne? I read the officials FAQ and studied the maps but do not come to an answer. They only describe the reverse case.

more
    • Hiking trails

Interlaken May 15, 2015 at 3:42 AM

Hiking trails through alpine meadows.

more
    • Weather - Rainy Forecast

Interlaken May 18, 2015 at 7:17 AM

Me and some buddies are planning on going to Interlaken this weekend. The 10 day weather forecast shows rain like everyday! Is it just one of those places that always shows rain, or should we be concerned that's it's going to rain all weekend?

more
    • Interlaken Ost to Frankfurt Airport

Switzerland May 12, 2015 at 11:01 AM

We are planning to take the 1 pm train from Interlaken to Frankfurt . This calls for a transfer of trains at Basel SBB in 7 minutes . Is it practically possible to manage this change in such a short duration ? Is there any possibility that the train from Interlaken gets delayed by a few minutes & the connecting train departs in the meanwhile ? Do we have to change stations for this transfer & how do we locate the relevant platforms at such a quick pace ?

more
    • Golden Pass route from Lucerne to Interlaken

Switzerland May 5, 2015 at 2:18 AM

Hi hi, is the golden pass route from Lucerne to Interlaken called 'Lucerne-Interlaken Express' ?

Thanks!

more
    • In Transit at Geneve Cointrin

Geneva May 16, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Hi Geneva, We have 5 hours in transit at Geneve Cointrin Airport, arriving 4.30pm-9.35pm departure, Would it be possible/viable/worthwhile to leave the airport and do a quick city overview ?? If so where would you recommend and which mode of transport would you suggest ? Your help appreciated Ed

more
    • 5 days Switzerland trip

Switzerland May 9, 2015 at 7:12 AM

I will be in Switzerland for 5 days from 1st June to 5th June.

1st June Reach Grindelwald at around 4 PM. Maybe trip to Männlichen in the eveningg
      2nd June - Schilthorn, Wengen, Murren
      3rd June - Morning Schynigge Platte or Grindelwald First(Trek to Bachalpsee and the Faulhorn)
      3rd June - Evening Leave for Lucerne
      4th June - Mt titlis
      5th June - Mount Rigi/Local sightseeing in Lucerne
      6th June- :( Leave for Zurich Airport in the morning

Is there any short trip I could do on the first day in the evening at Grindelwald
      Also on the third day I am not sure what is more worthwhile - Going to Schynigge Platte or Grindelwald First(For a Trek to Bachalpsee and the Faulhorn)
      I will be travelling with my wife and parents aged 65 & 57
      After all the planning, I think I should have had at least one more day in Grindelwald. Nothing doing now since all the bookings have been done. Would appreciate any help here.

more
    • 2.5 days in Switzerland. How to plan ?

Switzerland May 30, 2015 at 2:01 PM

Hi,

We will be visiting Switzerland in mid-October and going through lot of posts, along with wonderful suggestion on different threads. But with different suggestions and my limited time, I am getting more confuse. My rough plan is like this, where I need help :-

10-Oct: Reach Paris in noon. Same day leave for Switzerland in noon or evening. Night stay at hotel in Switzerland.
      11-Oct: Switzerland
      12-Oct: Switzerland
      13-Oct: Switzerland and leave for Paris in evening. Night stay at hotel in Paris.

Should I keep same base for all three nights or split them to cover/see maximum ? What do you suggest ?
      I am also concerned about my last day (13-Oct). Can I leave some place for last day and I can cover/see that while going back to Paris. I will have time till evening before catching Paris train.
      What day I should see on other two full days ? How should I device places among days ?

Regards

more