England

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• From Southampton to Bath

Southampton 18 hours ago

Is there any cheap taxi recommended? I have quite a lot luggage with me.

more
    • staying at london gatwick

London Jul 11, 2014 at 5:50 AM

hi,,,anyone have a clue with regard to whats best to get for a party 0f 3 ad 1child....we are in london for a sat/sunday in october.....we will need to go gatwick/victoria...then tube it round london for both days....is it best to get a travel card?...or buy non express gatwick/victoria rail and use oysters for the tube?

more
    • Parking other than the market square

Masham Jul 3, 2014 at 3:43 AM

I've been to Masham just once before, other than the Market square are there other parking sites close by? Thanks

more
    • Willow Caravan Park

Walton-on-the-Naze Jun 23, 2014 at 5:58 AM

Is Willows Caravan Park still there? I used to stay there when I was little in the early 60's Caroline and all that!

more
    • Transfer at T2: Do i need to go through border control (immigration control)

Heathrow Jul 21, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Hi, I'm Vietnamese citizen and I've a german permanent residence permit. I'm flying with BA from Munich, Germany to Seoul, Southkorea via London. My inbound flight will arrive at terminal 5 and outbound flight will also depart at T5. Do I have to pass through the border control or Immigration control. Do you know if I need a Transit visa?

thank you very much in advance for your answer!

more
    • Short Transit

Heathrow Jul 15, 2014 at 7:34 AM

I,m traveling from Milan to Heathrow with my wife she is continuing on after our arrival but I,m staying in London. Her flight does not depart for three hours after our arrival, can she get through customer as I need to exit to collect luggage so I can't stay airside. Are there any other options ?

more
    • Bus Route Hoylake to West Kirby

Hoylake Jul 15, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Are there buses running from Hoylake Wirral to West Kirby

more
    • Security clearance time

Heathrow Jul 12, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I am travelling on a domestic flight from Hrathrow T5 to Edinburgh next week at about 5pm. How long is security clearance taking at the moment?

more
    • MarieChristine's Profile Photo

Bristol Airport to Plymouth

Plymouth Jul 9, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Hi,

What would be the best way to get from Bristol Airport UK to Plymouth? And is it possible to buy tickets online?

Thank you!
      M.

more
    • reliability of service in rush hour

Market Harborough Jul 8, 2014 at 9:15 AM

I am moving to market harborough next month and will be commuting to london everyday in the rush hours.
      Is the train service reliable? frequency of delays in the rush hour? and do you usually manage to find a seat on the train? According to my research there is no interchange so all trains are direct to london kingscross. Many thanks in advance for your comments/helps.

more
    • ThamaraSD's Profile Photo

Afrobeat music in London ?

London Jul 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi everyone, where can one find concert venues or clubs that plays Afrobeat or similar music in London ? Thank you so much for your help .

more
    • Hose Riding?

Frinton-on-Sea Jul 3, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Hello, Can I ride my horse on the beach? or what times are we allowed to?
      Thanks
      Peter

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

iPhone use in England

England Jul 19, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I now have an iPhone. I have no problem communicating with family by email, but it may be that I will have to actually make a phone call. Can I do this with an iPhone as I don't think there is a sim card in it. (I traded in the phone with the sim card as it was so irritating - it would turn itself on in my pocket.) I don't know if it is unlocked or locked. Does an iPhone get locked? Do I have to buy a phone when I get there to use?

more
    • Looking for a hotel

Barrow in Furness Jul 17, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Hi, I'm Hyun, from south Korea. I'm planning my first visit to the UK. I will come to Barrow in Furness from Windermere(Glencree, Windermere, LA23 2EQ). My last stay will be in Barrow in Furness and the next day I will have to go to train station to go to Manchester air port.

So I'm looking for a hotel here, which hotel is within walking distance from the bus stop, to come and go back .

please, help me with this problem.

more
    • Things to do with a teenager and a dog

Isle of Wight Jul 15, 2014 at 6:49 AM

Hi, we are travelling to the IOW next month, it will be myself, my teenage son and our small dog. We are trying to fill the week up and looking for places to visit/do, can anyone recommend anywhere, preferably that are dog friendly, or things suitable for a teenager. Thanks

more
    • LIVERPOOL - NEW BRIGHTON ferry

Liverpool Jul 14, 2014 at 7:50 AM

When I was a boy it was free!! As a longtime Merseyside 'exile' in the South, please tell me the cost today... a simple Liverpool New Brighton return on the ferry as I am planning a return visit to the area for my 81st birthday next month.
      Thanks
      Kind Regards
      James E Branigan

more
    • ergo's Profile Photo

CLOTHING for mid-Sept. VISIT

Cornwall Jul 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Hello from Canada!
      Hubs & I are visiting England in September & have a 4 day tour of southwest England planned for the middle of Sept.
      Can anyone advise what is the most appropriate casual attire for that time of year? Short, capris,jeans or ?
      real jacket for warmth? hoodie? Track shoes ok? or something waterproof? I know the weather changes quickly but like all females, I like to get some advice from those who have gone before me.
      Much thanks,
      Chris in Canada

more
    • MarieChristine's Profile Photo

Bristol Airport to Plymouth

Plymouth Jul 9, 2014 at 4:47 AM

Hi,

I'm going to a conference in Plymouth next week. What would be the best way to get from Bristol Airport to Plymouth?

Would be very thankful for tips.
      M.

more
    • travelling from St. Ives/Cornwall to Dublin

Saint Ives Jul 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM

best way to get from St. Ives to Dublin

more
    • Inguuna's Profile Photo

How much time needed to pass through customs?

Luton Jul 7, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Dear VT friends,
      I have question about Luton airport. As I'll be flying with two flights switching them Luton/Stansted, I wanted to know, how much time approximately takes the immigration things? I want to buy bus tickets but not sure how much time to count.
      Thank you in advance.

more
    • Craft Fair

Goathland Jul 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Hi,
      I heard about a (craft) fair in Goathland on 9-10 July.
      Can someone confirm?
      We are staying in Staithes, no car, travelling by bus, I wouldn't like to go there in the wrong date :-) though I know it's a lovely village.
      Thanks a lot!
      Antonella

more
    • What is Lancaster like (to live) just north of the river (i.e. around Skerton/Ryelands Park)

Lancaster Jun 24, 2014 at 5:28 AM

I am considering a move to Lancaster and have been looking at properties in this area (Skerton/Ryelands Park - between Torrisholme Road and Owens Road) but my husband is concerned that this is not a good area to live in...can anyone help and give an indication of what this area is actually like to live in? We have had a look at the crime stats which are low by comparison with where we are now but any help you can give would be greatly appreciate. Thanks

more
    • Arrival time

Heathrow 2 hours ago

Our flight to Shanghai, leaves T4, at 22:35 on the 22nd of September, what time should we arrive there?

more
    • Baggage transfer

Heathrow Jul 16, 2014 at 6:46 AM

If I buy a ticket from leeds to Hong Kong via Heathrow will my luggage be transferred automatically between flights. The leeds flight lands at terminal 3 and the hong kong flight leaves from terminal 5.

more
    • Heathrow in the evening - Passport Control

Heathrow Jul 2, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I will be arriving into Heathrow Terminal 1 at 8:10 PM (20:10 PM). How long should I plan to clear passport control? I am not a European citizen.

more
    • In the country

England Yesterday

Hello,

I live in London and could quite do with a break from the noise! Could anyone suggest somewhere nice in the countryside, I want to go alone and am specifically looking for somewhere very very quiet. I would have to get there by train and would prefer a b&b to a hotel.

4 Answers Yesterday
    • Transfer at T2: Do i need to go through border control (immigration control)

Heathrow Jul 21, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Hi, I'm Vietnamese citizen and I've a german permanent residence permit. I'm flying with BA from Munich, Germany to Seoul, Southkorea via London. My inbound flight will arrive at terminal 5 and outbound flight will also depart at T5. Do I have to pass through the border control or Immigration control. Do you know if I need a Transit visa?

thank you very much in advance for your answer!

2 Answers Yesterday
    • mccaw's Profile Photo

Best location to book hotel

London Jul 20, 2014 at 8:03 PM

We have three people going to London from 3/10/14 to 6/10/14, the question I want to ask is Where is the best place to book hotel in London?
      We wanted to stay somewhere that is close to transport with easy & fast access to the Central London.
      We have a budget of Aud$400 for 3 nights for three of us.
      If more cheaper accomodations are bit further away from C. London.
      What are the costs of transports to take us there?
      Thank you.

8 Answers Yesterday
    • family holiday

Bridlington Jul 20, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Spending two weeks in bridlington from September 2014 I have two kids 3 and 15 months is there lots of things to do during the day and early evening to keep us all busy we are staying near the south pier is there amusements nearby we always take kids after there tea thanks any help appreciated

5 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 4:23 AM

iPhone use in England

England Jul 19, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I now have an iPhone. I have no problem communicating with family by email, but it may be that I will have to actually make a phone call. Can I do this with an iPhone as I don't think there is a sim card in it. (I traded in the phone with the sim card as it was so irritating - it would turn itself on in my pocket.) I don't know if it is unlocked or locked. Does an iPhone get locked? Do I have to buy a phone when I get there to use?

3 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 11:48 AM
    • Is tube travel safe with family after 10pm

London Jul 19, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Is tube safe to use when travelling with kids on evening or should I use a cab ? Which phone apps are the best ones to use to book a cab.
      We are travelling back from theatre to Greenwich hotel on a Tuesday night.

9 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Car rental pick up and drop off points

Cornwall Jul 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM

This is for the trip in March. I want to pick a car up on March 16th from some place along the rail route from London and drop it off at the Newquay airport March 20th. Enterprise had a place in Bodmin but does not allow one way rentals and has no place to drop off at Newquay.

What place can I get off the train and rent a car where I can return it to Newquay airport or where I can get some form of transportation from the drop off point to the airport. Enterprise won't drive more than 10 miles and the airport is 15 miles from Bodmin.

10 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • kyoude's Profile Photo

Cruise query

Harwich Jul 18, 2014 at 4:14 AM

Anybody on the Celebrity Infinity cruise out of Harwich on 1st October?

5 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • Wheelchair assistance

Heathrow Jul 17, 2014 at 9:15 PM

I have been told that wheelchair assistance can only be obtained at a counter in the landing area, not brought directly to the plane. Does anyone have experience with requesting a wheelchair at Heathrow? I will be arriving on a Delta flight from the US. Thanks, Kriti9

5 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 5:35 AM
    • Looking for a hotel

Barrow in Furness Jul 17, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Hi, I'm Hyun, from south Korea. I'm planning my first visit to the UK. I will come to Barrow in Furness from Windermere(Glencree, Windermere, LA23 2EQ). My last stay will be in Barrow in Furness and the next day I will have to go to train station to go to Manchester air port.

So I'm looking for a hotel here, which hotel is within walking distance from the bus stop, to come and go back .

please, help me with this problem.

2 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 3:30 AM
    • Different arrival times.

Heathrow Jul 17, 2014 at 2:19 PM

We are travelling with a group of people and are arriving at different times to Heathrow..my question is.. where is the best place to wait for someone 3 hours after you arrive? We arrive at terminal 3 and they arrive terminal 1?

7 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 11:35 PM
    • Long layover options

Heathrow Jul 16, 2014 at 8:27 AM

I arrive at terminal 3 from the US at 9 am and leave from terminal 5 at 4:50 for Madrid. What options do I have for such a long layover?

15 Answers Yesterday
    • Baggage transfer

Heathrow Jul 16, 2014 at 6:46 AM

If I buy a ticket from leeds to Hong Kong via Heathrow will my luggage be transferred automatically between flights. The leeds flight lands at terminal 3 and the hong kong flight leaves from terminal 5.

4 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    • Anjuschka's Profile Photo

What to do and see in one day?

St Albans Jul 15, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Hello - I'm from Germany...
      I wil be coming to St Albans (as a short trip away from London) - what could I do in one day? I'm on my own and don't mind walking...

I'm interested in quiet places and maybe a enjoying the lake. See some interesting local / historical sites. Would love to take a snack or so - I read about the Waffle House - would be my cup of tea... :D and of course do a little shopping...

I'm not quite sure how to put it all together to enjoy a nice day and maybe meet some local people to talk to... Not sure if I could find a guide for a little tour or so - just to get a nice insight of your city...

I would be very pleased if you could get me some advise - that would be very helpful to enjoy my visit...

• It's not very urgent but I'd like to plan ahead)***

Thanks,
      Anja ;)

17 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 5:58 AM
    • St. Pancras to Heathrow area

London Jul 15, 2014 at 8:42 AM

My wife and I will be arriving at St. Pancras (from Paris) at around 10:30pm on a Monday. We have a hotel near Heathrow. We are looking for the boards preferred transportation for getting from St. Pancras to Heathrow .  Thanks!

Also, any help with the following would be appreciated:

• Time required from St. P to Heathrow (for preferred transportation)
      • Difficulty finding the train, getting a ticket
      • Any need for advanced tickets
      • Difficulty in navigating any transfers during the route

11 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    • Short Transit

Heathrow Jul 15, 2014 at 7:34 AM

I,m traveling from Milan to Heathrow with my wife she is continuing on after our arrival but I,m staying in London. Her flight does not depart for three hours after our arrival, can she get through customer as I need to exit to collect luggage so I can't stay airside. Are there any other options ?

2 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • Things to do with a teenager and a dog

Isle of Wight Jul 15, 2014 at 6:49 AM

Hi, we are travelling to the IOW next month, it will be myself, my teenage son and our small dog. We are trying to fill the week up and looking for places to visit/do, can anyone recommend anywhere, preferably that are dog friendly, or things suitable for a teenager. Thanks

3 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    • Travelling together with 9 year old son

London Jul 15, 2014 at 2:42 AM

Hello there,
      I am traveling with 9 year old son to London in August. He is very hard to please and too often easily gets bored with the stuff. He is very much into football (he asked me if there is a Football Museum? :)), xbox360 and movies..He loves Lego..is there a Legoland..? I was thinking of taking him to the Science Museum..to IMAX Cinema..to safari park if there is one not too far from London..I will take him for a royal day out to Buckingam Palace..I don't want to overwhelm him with the Museums..please suggest..thanks..Aida p.s. maybe transport museum would be fun? double decker or duck tours?

13 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 11:15 PM
    • Bus Route Hoylake to West Kirby

Hoylake Jul 15, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Are there buses running from Hoylake Wirral to West Kirby

2 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    • Two names on passport and e-ticket, tied name on booking ba.com

London Jul 14, 2014 at 11:32 AM

My first name in the passport is "Oliver Norbert".
      I've bought my e-ticket at an agency and they printed it out.The name is perfectly spelled,as it is in the passport I carry.
      Upon arriving home and accessing my booking on the official site of British Airways I have noticed that the name on the booking is "Olivernorbert". Is this a problem or will it cause any problems during or after the on-line check-in process or at the airport?If the answer is yes,then who should I contact in connection to this issue.
      Thank you very much.

8 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 7:08 AM
    • LIVERPOOL - NEW BRIGHTON ferry

Liverpool Jul 14, 2014 at 7:50 AM

When I was a boy it was free!! As a longtime Merseyside 'exile' in the South, please tell me the cost today... a simple Liverpool New Brighton return on the ferry as I am planning a return visit to the area for my 81st birthday next month.
      Thanks
      Kind Regards
      James E Branigan

3 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Finalizing March trip

England Jul 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM

The flights I want to take are BA codeshare with AA. I can get the AA tickets less expensively, but what I want to do is to fly BWI to LHR and then take the train to Cornwall. Then fly by Flybe from Newquay to Manchester, and then fly BA from Manchester to LHR and thence to BWI.

So the question I asked the guy from BA was - if I book the BWI to LHR and back with AA can I check my luggage through from Manchester to BWI? And he said I could. But I have very little confidence in his answer and think maybe I should pay more and just book the whole thing (except the Flybe part) with BA. What do you think?

I also asked him if I could take my folding mobility scooter with me in the cabin. Which I will also want to do on Flybe. It looks like I will be able to do so but I haven't actually talked to the Flybe folks yet. The scooter weighs 50 lbs/23 kg and measures about 45 cm x 40 cm x 64 cm. I really don't want to check it in the hold luggage.

It looks like I could rent a car in Manchester through Flybe. Would that be a good deal? And would it be convenient to pick the car up at the airport and would we be able to get out of Manchester from there easily to go to Huddersfield?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel to stay the day we get there which would be convenient to the station where we would be getting the Paddington to Penzance train? Also any recommendations for a place to stay in Port Isaac and in Huddersfield?

17 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 3:22 PM
    • 24-hour Cafes Near Victoria station?

London Jul 12, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Are there any 24-hour cafes near Victoria Station in London? If so, what are their names?

7 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 6:38 PM
    • Security clearance time

Heathrow Jul 12, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I am travelling on a domestic flight from Hrathrow T5 to Edinburgh next week at about 5pm. How long is security clearance taking at the moment?

1 Answer Jul 14, 2014 at 1:46 AM
    • Can I leave Terminal 5 during my layover for other terminals?

Heathrow Jul 11, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Can I leave Terminal 5 to go to other terminals to access their lounges during my 7 hour layover on BA between Seattle and Cape Town?

17 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 3:13 PM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

One day trip - what to see

Oxford Jul 11, 2014 at 7:04 AM

I am going on a day trip from London to Oxford by train along with my wife and 2 daughters (almost 8 hours in hand). We wanted to do city center walk tour and visit trinity college. Please suggest what are the places must see and what is best to avoid?

5 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 9:32 AM
    • staying at london gatwick

London Jul 11, 2014 at 5:50 AM

hi,,,anyone have a clue with regard to whats best to get for a party 0f 3 ad 1child....we are in london for a sat/sunday in october.....we will need to go gatwick/victoria...then tube it round london for both days....is it best to get a travel card?...or buy non express gatwick/victoria rail and use oysters for the tube?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2014 at 6:05 AM
    • daisy1970's Profile Photo

Check in at Heathrow T2

Heathrow Jul 11, 2014 at 4:00 AM

With the new guidelines for electronics and flying to the US, should we allow more than three hours to be at heathrow before flight or three hour window sufficient?

5 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 7:26 PM
    • What to see outside of London?

London Jul 10, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Dears,
      Please recommend what city I should visit outside of London? Hull, Oxford?? Please suggest. I am staying only 10 days in London. Thanks!!!
      Aida

14 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 10:37 AM
    • ergo's Profile Photo

CLOTHING for mid-Sept. VISIT

Cornwall Jul 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Hello from Canada!
      Hubs & I are visiting England in September & have a 4 day tour of southwest England planned for the middle of Sept.
      Can anyone advise what is the most appropriate casual attire for that time of year? Short, capris,jeans or ?
      real jacket for warmth? hoodie? Track shoes ok? or something waterproof? I know the weather changes quickly but like all females, I like to get some advice from those who have gone before me.
      Much thanks,
      Chris in Canada

3 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 3:55 PM