Engelberg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Titlis Rotair ticket v. day ski pass

by TravellerCGA Online Now Nov 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

We are travelling to Titlis next weekend and we see that the price of the day ski pass is lower than the price of the Engelberg-Titlis return ticket. The day ski pass says that it can be used on all lifts. However, we will not be skiing. Would we be able to get to the top of Titlis using the day ski pass and not skiing?

more
    • Titlis Rotair ticket v. day ski pass

by TravellerCGA Online Now Nov 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

We are travelling to Titlis next weekend and we see that the price of the day ski pass is lower than the price of the Engelberg-Titlis return ticket. The day ski pass says that it can be used on all lifts. However, we will not be skiing. Would we be able to get to the top of Titlis using the day ski pass and not skiing?

1 Answer Dec 10, 2014 at 1:16 AM
    • 2 Days of hiking in Engelberg

by DuncanH4 Online Now Aug 11, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Hello!

We are two adults who will be staying at a hotel in Engelberg on Monday & Tuesday, September 1 - 2.

I am using the Engelberg activity map as my only reference.

We would like advice on two day hikes. In both cases, we wish to end the day back in Engelberg at our hotel.

For one hike, I would like to get to the top of Titlis by hiking to Stand and then taking the cable car from Stand to the top. I hear there is a glacial cave in that area, is it worth visiting?

For day two, I would appreciate some recommendations. The four lakes trail looks promising and would be a full day of hiking:

"Engelberg – Gerschnialp – Trübsee – Jochpass – Engstlenalp – Tannalp – Chringen – Bettenalp – Melchsee-Frutt or Chringen – Bonistock – Karstfelder – Melchsee-Frutt – Stöckalp (plus 1 h)
      A full day of alpine splendor, mag- nificent flora and clear lakes. Ideal from mid/end June to late Septem- ber. Most sections accessible on foot or by lift. Great views of Engstlensee at the trail’s highest point on Joch- pass. Short climb from Engstlenalp to Tannalp, level to Melchsee-Frutt. Alternate, higher trail section from Tannalp. At Melchsee-Frutt ride the lift to Stöckalp. Postal bus to Kerns and Stans. Return to Engelberg on the Luzern–Stans–Engelberg railway."

Are either of these two days too ambitious? Are there any other trails or views that you would recommend over these two?

Thank you very much for any advice!

6 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 10:06 PM
    • Cabriodouble decker cable car a & Mount titles complete tour

by Mr.D.N.Agrawal Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 2:52 AM

How these both tour can be done in a single day if we stay in lucerne hotel for only one day

1 Answer Feb 2, 2014 at 4:57 AM
    • Visit to Engelberg

by Tony_bosco Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 2:26 AM

We are around 6 adults and 6 kids (aged between 10 and 13) visiting Engelberg. As part of tour package, we will be touching Mt.titlis. We have one day free on our own and would like to know, how best to use the day for both adults and kids. Is Golden pass railway worth taking, which is the closest station to catch this train or some other options you can suggest.
      Thanks

3 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    • New Years Eve Birthday Special occasion

by raymand Online Now Aug 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM

63 & 70 yrs., would like to know if there are restaurant's that might provide for a special occasion and/or special functions? Thank you in advance for your help fullness Ray & Susie

1 Answer Aug 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM
    • transport timetable

by shenyu Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Can I take shuttle bus from Engelberg to Stansstad? Where can I download the timetable?

2 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM
    • dove141992's Profile Photo

what to do in 2 days?

by dove141992 Online Now Jun 6, 2013 at 12:57 AM

i am going to engelberg for 2 days..
      please guide me what i can do there..
      in a budget ?

1 Answer Jun 6, 2013 at 4:04 AM