`En Gedi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Akko - Cars in the old city

Akko Jan 26, 2015 at 9:39 PM

I understand that I cannot drive in the old city of Akko. Can I leave a car outside of the old city, with luggage in it, while visiting the old city? Will there be a problem with theft? Will there be a problem with Israeli security not liking cars sitting around with unattended luggage?

more
    • Poling's Profile Photo

How to get to border from Jerusalem by bus?

Israel Jan 1, 2015 at 8:00 PM

1. Is that correct that from Jerusalem to Allenby Boarder, I can take the he shuttle bus from Damascus gate? Do I need to make reservation if Damascus Gate is not the final terminal? It takes about 45 mins? The price is about 45 ILS?
      2. How to get to the South border (Taba) from Jerusalem? How long does it take and how much?

more
    • Sat Nav and Care Hire

Israel Dec 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I'll be hiring a car from Tel Aviv airport. How reliable are the cars and does anyone know if I could rent a car with built in Sat Nav for Israel?
      Or will I have to hire Sat Nav separately?

more
    • tbnyc1's Profile Photo

Take a Tour or do it yourself

Israel Yesterday

We are thinking of Israel in early June 2015 and would like to know if it is easy to do it yourself. We have taken a lot of tours in other countries and the efficiency is what I like best BUT sharing the experience with 30 other people is not the greatest. We are looking to do Tel Aviv and Jerusalem and take day trips to all the other out of town highlights. If you could recommend tour companies and sights to see that would be great.

more
    • Israel and the West Bank by car

Israel Dec 30, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Hello everyone. I'll be travelling around Israel for 3 days by car. The places I want to visit are Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Bethlehem, the Dead Sea, the Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights. Basically I need to know if it is safe to cross into the West Bank?
      How good are the main roads in the areas mentioned?
      How long do the checks take to cross back and fore from the West Bank?
      How much is petrol?
      What side of the road do cars travel?
      Is it ok to spend a night in a hotel within the West Bank?
      All answers will be greatly appreciated and any other tips that I haven't thought of will be most welcome. Thank you.

more
    • going for leave

Tel Aviv-Yafo Jan 10, 2015 at 12:30 PM

I am an international student and i have to go back to my native country every 9 months , i will be on a 3 month leave
      So is there any place where i could store my luggage rather than carrying it back ???

more
    • How to plan little free time in Israel

Israel Dec 31, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I would need help in planning a very little free time I will have on my trip to Israel. I will be stationed in Haifa. All that I will have available is one evening after 18.00 and then from Thursday 19.00 till Saturday 18.00 (Sabbath...), when my plane takes off.
      Any suggestions would be really welcome. I would prefer to see Christian sites like Church of the Holy Sepulchre or Betlehem (where I could also maybe get a glimpse of the Arab culture).

How safe is it to travel to Betlehem or spend a night there?
      Would it make sense (especially on safety grounds) to leave Haifa at 19.00 and travel to Betlehem or Jerusalem (that could maximise my tour time on the following day)?
      Is it really necessary to come to the airport full 3h before the flight?

Any itinerary ideas greatly appreciated.
      Thanks

more
    • Witch currency to take with?

Israel Jan 17, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Hi! Planing to go to Israel soon. Witch currency is better to take with € or $? Thanks!

more
    • Safety on route to Ein Gedi

by candy_pandy Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Do I need to be aware of dangers to my safety if travelling alone as a woman to Ein Gedi? This is my first time to Israel and the Dead Sea.

What is the best way to get to Ein Gedi and where should I fly in to?

3 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:42 AM
    • BrandonM's Profile Photo

Places to stay

by BrandonM Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 3:16 PM

We're going to be coming down from the Galilee area, and we're wondering if there are any good places to stay along the Jordan River/Dead Sea area instead of going all the way back to Jerusalem. Any recommendations would be very appreciated!!

6 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

things to do in En Gedi

by mindcrime Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 12:23 AM

we plan to arrive by bus at En Gedi on wed (october 16) staying at Ein Gedi Beit Sarah Guest House & Youth Hostel.
      the bus will be there at about 11.48am or 12.51 depending on which bus we will catch at Kumran.

will we have enough time for a small hike at Ein Gedi Nature Reserve (we'll probably do only the short trail) but also for swim at Dead Sea on the same day before sunset?
      any other attractions nearby? is the old synagogue in walking distance?

cant find how much time we need to walk to the public beach from the hostel. in several forums people claim that googlemaps have the hostel in wrong spot.

the day after we have to check out (we plan to go to Massada so we dont want to loose time on the beach that we want to visit to experience the unusual high rate of salt, taking some pictures of us flowing on water etc)

9 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM
    • Bet Sara Youth Hostel

by aninka123 Online Now Feb 11, 2008 at 12:06 AM

Hi, my husband and I are planning to stay in Bet Sara Youth Hostel in summer 2008. I could not find much information about this place on the internet. I know that the breakfast is served there but whatabout other meals???
      Is there a shop or small supermarket where you can buy food and for what prices roughly??? Does anybody know if there is a laundry? I will appreciate all replies. Thanks :-)

3 Answers Feb 11, 2008 at 8:40 AM
    • beitsarahostel

by syoshimi Online Now Apr 9, 2007 at 1:11 AM

what is phone number and availability for the hostel in engedi beit sara

2 Answers Apr 9, 2007 at 1:41 AM
    • Bus to Eilat??

by liliagm Online Now Oct 24, 2005 at 8:42 AM

HI! We are going to stay at the Ein Gedi kibbutz hotel in Nov and then we want to go from there to Eilat for a couple of days before heading back to Tel Aviv for our flight home, so we wanted to know if there are any buses going from En Gedi to Eilat on sundays or what is the cheapest way to get there?
      Thanks

4 Answers Feb 16, 2007 at 9:27 AM