Emo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Charlie's Bar

Cork Dec 18, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I visited Charlie's Bar back in the early 80's. I would like to go back there if it is still open. I'm from Texas and hope to make a trip to Ireland in 2015. A visit to Cork is in my plans. Who can tell me about Charlie's Bar?

more
    • Mikhail_Shutov's Profile Photo

Where to go at night (particularly interested in Christmas night)

Dublin Dec 9, 2014 at 2:47 AM

We (me and my wife) are going to visit Dublin from 21st of December to 28th of December. We don't know where to go at Christmas Eve and at Christmas. We want to go to some pub os something alike and celebrate with other people to feel the Spirit of Christmas.
      We are not Irish :)

more
    • Great place to settle in Ireland for a few years with 3 preschool toddlers

Ireland Dec 12, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We're traveling to Ireland for one to three years and want to set up in a small kid friendly town or quiet neighborhood of a city. We're partial to beaches over mountains, but with three kids we work from home (slow internet is fine) and stay close to home. So things like nightlife, restaurants, etc are all nice to have, but really not part of our equation. We'd trade a more kid friendly spot for one single adults might desire.

As for the neighborhood, I think many of us have a common vision of an idyllic child-friendly town or neighborhood. It would have people of all ages, and be as diverse as possible in Ireland. It would not be too crowded, nor too spread out. It would be a nice place to take a walk or ride a bike. It would be fine to drive to the grocery store once a week, ideally one with healthy, even organic food available.

As for further socializing the kids we would rent a home close to a nearby preschool. We have two boys and a girl, and would want them to all be able to attend the same school - with little drive time, if any. We are only talking preschool and kindergarten at this point. We want open minded and progressive, but not so open minded that one's brains fall out. We'd rather religion not play a big role in the school, but are not afraid of that as long as no one is too rigid. We like a school in a natural setting so the kids are in nature when possible, and a style that leans montessori as opposed to a teacher up front with a ruler...

Hope this helps bring some places to mind. Thanks in advance.

more
    • Planning the first trip

Ireland Dec 7, 2014 at 10:55 AM

My wife, teenage son and myself are planning a trip to Ireland for June of 2015. This will be our first trip to Ireland, and we're looking for any advice that would help us not make the usual mistakes common for first-time visitors.

Our basic itinerary, as things stand now:

* Dublin; 3 nights, arriving on a Sunday and departing Wednesday
      * Cork; 1 night
      * Killarney; 2 nights
      * Galway; 2 nights

We'd be especially interested in understanding if we are allocating too much or little time in any particular area- I've a nagging thought that the 3d night in Dublin might be better spent elsewhere.

Our plan is to travel by rental car between cities. We're arriving at Dublin and departing from Shannon- again, as things are planned right now.

Any suggestions of places to visit outside of the standard "must see" attractions would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

more
    • Charlies Bar, Cork, Ireland

Cork Dec 18, 2014 at 1:45 PM

I visited this bar back in the 80's. Is it still open and would someone familar with the bar contact me.?

more