Ely

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Restaurant advice!

Cambridge Mar 17, 2015 at 8:09 AM

Hi, I'm looking to book somewhere for a Saturday night for 6 people to celebrate my husbands 50thbirthday. Really good food and atmosphere is important. I wondered if any locals could help? There is a place that looks like they do good steaks with a rooftop bar, but it's attached to a hotel, not normally a recipe for plenty of life! Have looked at Cotto's website but lack of wine prices scares me. I've seen somewhere called Cau, doesn't look overly special but maybe someone could tell me different? Would appreciate ideas, thankyou

more
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

From Ely to Wicken Fen: Taxi or Rental Car

by christine.j Online Now May 17, 2007 at 3:33 AM

We'll be in Cambridge for a few days in July and plan to go to Ely for a day to see the cathedral. There is a very good train connection to Ely. I'd also like to go to Wicken Fen, but couldn't find any public transport to get there. Would you recommend renting a car just for one day? Or taking a taxi from Ely and arrange to be picked up later?
      Do you have any idea how much a taxi would be? It's about 9 miles from Ely to Wicken Fen.
      Thank you for any information.

13 Answers May 20, 2007 at 4:42 AM
    • oneonta_ni's Profile Photo

A Day in Ely

by oneonta_ni Online Now Feb 17, 2003 at 7:15 AM

We are going to Cambridge for a weekend and I have thought about a day trip to Ely. Is there enough to see there for even a half day? The stained glass museum sounds interesting but other than that and the cathedral, what is there to see? Any restaurant recommendations for lunch? Thanks, Jane

5 Answers Feb 19, 2003 at 1:10 AM