change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• VishnuB's Profile Photo

Please help me organize my plan

Colombo Mar 30, 2015 at 8:43 AM

I am planning for a 5 day visit to Sri Lanka.

April 29th Morning 2 landing at colombo.
      April 29 Visit one of (Anuradhapura, kandy, polonnaruwa, Dambulla).
      April 30th Visit one of (Anuradhapura,kandy,polonnaruwa,Dambulla).
      May1 Visit one of (Anuradhapura,kandy,polonnaruwa,Dambulla).
      May 2nd Visit one of (Anuradhapura,kandy,polonnaruwa,Dambulla).
      May3rd early morning train or bus to Colombo..
      May3rd morning till evening 6pm --> Roaming around colombo city /negombo.. From there direct to aiport as my flight is at Midnight 12.45 (April4 th)

Could you please help me arranage and organize the above plan. Where should i head to once i land at airport. From which place should i begin (cultural traingle ) ?

Should i start from anuradapura,kandy or dambulla ?

more
    • Travelling Alone

Hikkaduwa Apr 15, 2015 at 3:54 AM

Hello.
      I will be travelling to Hikka this coming July.
      Is it safe for a lady to travel there alone?
      Any places and things you could recommend me in doing and going?
      is USD900 enough for 4 days?

more
    • Shore Excursion in Colombo

Colombo Apr 2, 2015 at 4:14 AM

On a cruise that will be in Colombo for 1 day in June. Can anyone suggest a good tour suitable for 2 senior ladies. Found several Tour Operators offering different tours but I am unsure if they are all reliable. We were thinking of doing a city tour and found one that would pick us up from port, drive to city, then take us on a 4 hour Tuk Tuk sight seeing tour, then return us to port. We have been Tuk Tuks previously in Thailand and assume it would be similar. Is it safe in general and is it recommended to use operators from on line sites. Any help would be appreciated.

more
    • Itinerary opinion: Adam's peak vs Sigiriya

Sri Lanka Mar 31, 2015 at 7:56 PM

I will be arriving in Sri Lanka on a Sunday morning and staying until the following Sunday morning. A few of the key items I want to see are Kandy tea estates, Badulla, Yala Safari, Marisa beach, and Unawatuna. I also wanted to see either Adam's Peak or Sigiriya, but I feel it's unfeasible to do both. Are there any recommendations regarding Adam's Peak vs Sigirya Rock?

more
    • Temperature in Kandy

Kandy Mar 29, 2015 at 12:39 PM

Planning to travel to Colombo and Kandy in May, from South India with my infant baby. Will the weather be too cold for the baby? He is not used to temperatures below 25 degrees. Thanks!

more
    • bars & restaurants

Trincomalee Apr 2, 2015 at 10:30 AM

are there great options in trincomalee?

more
    • Esala in Unawatuna

Sri Lanka Mar 31, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Anybody knows when the Esala festival will take place in Unawatuna in 2015?
      Any suggestions about temples, monasteries, meditation centers or spiritual practice places in or around Unawatuna?

more
    • itinerary in august

Sri Lanka Apr 11, 2015 at 8:34 AM

would appreciate some advise on the itinerary below, think I might be squeezing too much in especially as I'm unaware of distance between places. An idea of travelling time between places would be appreciated and any recommended hotels. Thanks

day one - Negomba (stay for 2 nights)
      day three - Kandy & Pinawela
      day four - Nuwara Ellya
      day five - Yala Reserve
      day six - Galle
      day seven - Indurawa
      day eight - Negomba
      day nine - airport for return home

more