change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• VishnuB's Profile Photo

Please help me organize my plan

Colombo Yesterday

I am planning for a 5 day visit to Sri Lanka.

April 29th Morning 2 landing at colombo.
      April 29 Visit one of (Anuradhapura, kandy, polonnaruwa, Dambulla).
      April 30th Visit one of (Anuradhapura,kandy,polonnaruwa,Dambulla).
      May1 Visit one of (Anuradhapura,kandy,polonnaruwa,Dambulla).
      May 2nd Visit one of (Anuradhapura,kandy,polonnaruwa,Dambulla).
      May3rd early morning train or bus to Colombo..
      May3rd morning till evening 6pm --> Roaming around colombo city /negombo.. From there direct to aiport as my flight is at Midnight 12.45 (April4 th)

Could you please help me arranage and organize the above plan. Where should i head to once i land at airport. From which place should i begin (cultural traingle ) ?

Should i start from anuradapura,kandy or dambulla ?

more
    • Day trips from Tincomalee

Trincomalee Mar 8, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Hi there, we are thinking of booking a holiday to Trincomalee. We have never been to Sri Lanka before, so are looking for beach/relaxation, but also to see a few of the amazing site e.g. tee plantation, elephants/wildlife, city and culture etc. are these achievable as day trips from Tincomalee? Thanks

more
    • Finding Bus from Colombo Int'l Airport (CMB) to Kandy or Cultural Triangle after Midnight

Sri Lanka Mar 4, 2015 at 4:11 AM

I will be arriving CMB at 23.30h next Monday (9 March) and would like to go straight to Kandy or the Cultural Triangle area.

There is a free shuttle from the airport to the nearby Averiwatte Bus Station. Will there be buses going to Kandy this late at night (say 00.30h)?

I will be carrying only hand luggage and will have entry Visa and rupee ready so as not to waste time in leaving the airport.

A second best option will be to make my way to Colombo and find a bus from there. I understand buses from Colombo to Kandy go as late as 02.00h.

Thank you in advance!!

more
    • Transportation etc

Sri Lanka Mar 4, 2015 at 1:31 AM

We shall be arriving in Colombo at 2:20am & would like to head straight for Arugam Bay near Potuvil ... What is the best cheapest way to reach Arugam Bay the same day & what are the connections from the airport to the respective bus stand/train station, If that's difficult then an alternative route, a single day halt on way is possible. Also which other quite/peaceful, swim-able, reasonably priced beach front stay would you recommend in Sri Lanka. (We havent researched much hence your suggestions are welcome)

more
    • Unawatuna beach

Unawatuna Mar 17, 2015 at 7:09 AM

Hello all,I booked a 5 night stay (no weekend date) at a guesthouse with great reviews at the end of our 14-day trip. What I am worried about is the local beach, I have been reading recently that it gets really overcrowded (even dirty). Is it really that bad or I can find a quiet part nearby as well to feel just the sand and palms? My plan was to end up our Sri Lanka trip in a paradise feel beach environment :-) where we can swim/snorkel safely. Thank you for your advice!

more
    • Cosmicomic's Profile Photo

Direct bus from Negombo to Kandy --- which bus station?

Negombo Mar 7, 2015 at 5:35 AM

I'm looking at Google Maps and there's Negombo Bus Station, Katunayake Bus Station, and Seeduwa Bus Station. From which one do we catch the direct bus to Kandy? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

more
    • Chilango1's Profile Photo

Are Bermuda shorts okay for foreign men to wear in Negombo?

Sri Lanka Mar 3, 2015 at 4:03 PM

The temperatures seem to call for shorts, but I wonder if it is customary for foreign men to wear Bermuda shorts everywhere? I don't want to offend anyone, so thought I would ask in this great forum!

Thank you.

more
    • Temperature in Kandy

Kandy Yesterday

Planning to travel to Colombo and Kandy in May, from South India with my infant baby. Will the weather be too cold for the baby? He is not used to temperatures below 25 degrees. Thanks!

more
    • Galle to Colombo

Galle Mar 25, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Is there a comfortable air conditioned bus from Galle to Colombo airport or Colombo? We will be travelling on Sunday. We have enjoyed local buses etc but have luggage and would prefer comfort on this trip.

more
    • What to pack for family tour of Sri lanka

Sri Lanka Mar 17, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Hi
      We are doing a family tour 27/3-12/4 2015
      Starting in Negumbo, sigriya, then off to Kandy, Newara eliya then off to coast.
      What are the essential items and clothes likely to need.
      As much info as poss appreciated

more
    • buying there

Colombo Mar 23, 2015 at 5:23 AM

I will be travelling with only hand luggage so cannot bring liquids .Sunscreen ,mosquito repellant etc are all easily found?

more
    • Chilango1's Profile Photo

Sizes of plastic bottles of drinking water sold in Sri Lanka?

Sri Lanka Mar 3, 2015 at 3:59 PM

Is drinking water in Sri Lanka (Negombo) sold in the supermarkets, in TWO-liter plastic bottles? Or, only in 1.5 liter plastic bottles?

The reason I ask is that I have diabetes and so will be bringing fruit-flavored, sugar-free drink powder to mix in 2 litres of water. Will be there two weeks.

Thanks for any info.
      Stan
      México City

more