El Yunque National Forest Travel Answers

change location

Where to eat in El Yunque

by ltaylor57 Online Now Dec 8, 2009 at 1:57 PM

We have heard that there is a great little food stand at the end of the road in El Yunque. Does anyone know about this and could give a bit more information? thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • risse73's Profile Photo

Re: Where to eat in El Yunque

by risse73 Online Now Dec 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I don't think there are food stands along the hiking paths in El Yunque, and not sure about the food stand you're referring to at an end road of the forest. Most visitors and their families/friends go to El Yunque with picnic baskets for the day's visit. If you don't bring food, people just drive over to the Luquillo beach food stalls right outside the immediate El Yunque forest area.

Good Luck & Enjoy Enchanting Puerto Rico!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • traveltime10's Profile Photo

by traveltime10 Online Now Dec 8, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I don't know of any food stand in El Yunque either- suggest you do as the former poster suggested, and pack a picnic or grab a bite from one of the local little markets. Try the empanadas.

There is a little waterfall/pool area inside the park- I don't think you are supposed to climb around on it, but everybody seems to do so- might be a nice spot for a break.

Please remember to pack out your trash when you leave! ;-)

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Online Now Dec 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM

There is a kiosk selling snacks at the by the Yokahu Tower, but we ate at a roadside stand on the way out of the forest. There's a whole string of them on the side of the road about 15 minutes south of La Coca Falls.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near El Yunque National Forest