El Segundo Travel Answers

change location
beatchfre's Profile Photo

Questions about El Segundo, Redondo Beach, Marina del Rey, etc.

by beatchfre Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 12:25 PM

Hi guys,

I'm going to Los Angeles for a week-long course in mid-November and will be staying in El Segundo (where the course is being held). I'd like to make it into downtown LA, Hollywood, Sunset Blvd, etc. on a couple of week nights. Once I sit down and look at sport events, concert schedules then I'll know which ones.

On the evenings/nights where I want to stay close, it looks like I can hit Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, and Marina del Rey for foods, drinks, entertainment, etc. Can someone give me an idea of what has the most to offer in terms of bars, nightlife? Is there anything else close by to El Segundo that should be on my radar?

Cheers,

Lee

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

RE: Questions about El Segundo, Redondo Beach, Marina del Rey, etc.

by bocmaxima Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 3:11 PM

El Segundo is a pretty quiet town. I didn't even know there were hotels there (aside from the LAX stuff across Sepulveda). Manhattan Beach is probably your best bet for nightlife of those choices, specifically near the pier on Manhattan Beach Blvd there are a few bars. Redondo is mostly residential and Marina Del Rey is mostly just restaurants.
    There are a lot of good bars in West LA (north of the 10 and east of the 405) if you're willing to drive that far.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • worldtrekker's Profile Photo

RE: Questions about El Segundo, Redondo Beach, Marina del Rey, etc.

by worldtrekker Online Now Oct 20, 2006 at 1:08 AM

I think the best place in that area for good nightlife is Hermosa Beach by the pier. Hermosa Beach is just south of Manhattan Beach. Lots of bars and clubs one after the other and it's definitely crowded on weekends. Here's a link: pubclub.com/losangeles/hermo...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines