El Remate Travel Answers

change location
Babzz's Profile Photo

General Comments/Opinions

by Babzz Online Now Jan 12, 2006 at 3:56 PM

Hello again...Yet another question...
We'll be staying in Flores while visiting Tikal, but I'm interested in El Remate. Has anyone been/stayed there? I read they have nice wood carvings and other crafts there, so perhaps we could stop over there and look around, but is it worth while? Thanks :)

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Babzz's Profile Photo

RE: RE: General Comments/Opinions

by Babzz Online Now Jan 16, 2006 at 2:11 PM

Hi ilona,

Thanks for the reply. I'll be there at the end of Febuary. We were planning to stay in Flores just because it seems the easiest with regards to transportation around and then to Belize. I thought originally it would be nice to stay at Tikal itself, but I have the impression the accomodations there are pretty expensive (except for camping I think) and you should book early if you are considering it. I heard that Flores is a relaxing place so I don't mind staying there despite the long trip in the morning to Tikal! But we have a day to spare in the area before we head to Tikal so I thought we could check out El Remate that day. Who knows! So many things to do and see :) Barbara

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • metteks's Profile Photo

by metteks Online Now Jan 21, 2006 at 7:14 AM

I stayed in El Remate. It is nice, but very quiet place, with nothing to do. The woodcarvings are nice. I bought some cutlery for salad serving and a carved tucan.

• metteks's Profile Photo

by metteks Online Now Jan 21, 2006 at 7:15 AM

Well after visiting Tikal I also stayed in Flores (or my hotel was in Santa Elena across the river). I stayed here to organize transport to Mexico.

• craigcameron's Profile Photo

RE: General Comments/Opinions

by craigcameron Online Now Feb 28, 2006 at 10:48 AM

Well worth staying, much nicer and more chilled place to stay than Flores for a visit to Tikal. The lake is way cleaner, the sunsets more impressive and it's closer to Tikal. Have stayed in both Flores and El Remate and would 100% choose to stay in El Remate

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines