El Paso Travel Answers

change location
fancydancer's Profile Photo

Best Area to Stay the Night

by fancydancer Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Hi All,
A friend and I will be stopping over in El Paso for a night and I'm just trying to figure out the best area to stay in. I was either looking for hotels south of the 10 freeway around Texas Ave. and Stanton St. or near the Mesa and Robinson/ Cincinnati intersection. Ideally I'd like to be around good nightlife (not dance clubs but some good cheap bars) within walking distance. And safe areas definitely. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Best Area to Stay the Night

by bocmaxima Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 12:26 PM

El Paso's college bar scene is centered around Mesa at Cincinnati. However, there aren't really any decent hotels around there. I usually stay in the Sunland Park Mall area when I'm in EP, but there's absolutely no nightlife around there.
    Oh, and don't stay south of I-10 east of UTEP.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Survivor007's Profile Photo

Re: Best Area to Stay the Night

by Survivor007 Online Now Mar 12, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Being a native El Pasoan I think there is plenty of nightlife. Yes the Cincinati Street area is hopping if thats your style (college scene). However you have a lot of other choices. The Camino Real Hotel and the Dome bar across the street from the historic Plaza theater in Downtown El Paso. To many to list. There are no hotels in the Northeast. The West side has plenty, just drive along I-10 and you can't go a mile without seeing one. The East side has some by the Airport and close to the Airway exit. Ther are hotels all along I-10. Don't go south of I-10.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines