El Paso Travel Answers

change location

travel into Mexico from El Paso for non-US citizens

by kme123 Online Now Mar 12, 2006 at 4:17 AM

I'm going to be in El Paso in a month's time, and would really like to go into Mexico via the footbridge. I'm British, and it's not clear from the US Embassy website whether or not non-US citizens without a visa (I qualify for the visa waver programme) can cross into Mexico and back again.
Any knowledge on this gratefully received!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Sevsa's Profile Photo

    RE: travel into Mexico from El Paso for non-US citizens

    by Sevsa Online Now Mar 13, 2006 at 2:08 PM

    Yes, you can walk into Juarez from El Paso and return with the visa you have. I went there with someone from Singapore in the fall and there was no problem. There isn't any immigration checkpoint going into Mexico until you go 25 miles into the country.
    Actually you are allowed to leave the US and go to Mexico, Canada and the near islands of the Carribean and then return without getting a new visa. I did the same thing going to Canada with someone from Japan on New Year's day.

    Be the first to rate this answer!

    Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines