El Nido Travel Answers

change location
Parkerdixon's Profile Photo

Taytay to El Nido road? Current status.

by Parkerdixon Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Hi,
Exactly 1 year ago a planned family holiday had to be abandoned due to impassable (for a family SUV) road conditions. I had planned to drive Puerto to Port Barton, and then Port Barton to El Nido. Regrettably the Port Barton road was nothing more than a dirt track with HUGE tyre ruts (40 to 70cm deep - no joke) baked cement-hard by the hot sun. Due to this, the second part of our holiday to El Nido was cancelled because I had been told the latter part of the road from Taytay to El Nido was similar.
Now, 12 months on, I want to fulfill my promise to my family for a holiday to El Nido. Once again I want to drive my own Rav4 SUV.
Can anybody with up-to-date local knowledge tell me how much of the Taytay to El Nido road is now surfaced and how much is still 'gravel'?
Secondly, assuming some of it is unsurfaced, and assuming the WORST CASE that it has been pouring with rain, could my family-filled Rav4 SUV safely navigate the road without damage!
My planned trip is April 22nd to April 30th 2013.
Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Taytay to El Nido road? Current status.

by davidjo Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Hi, my friend went up to El Nido the other day in his 4WD Toyota Surf and had no problems, so i am sure that you will manage it. He goes to El Nido from PPC every month and as far as i know he drives there in less than 5 hours. As you know it is unlikely to rain in April.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Taytay to El Nido road? Current status.

by davidjo Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Just received a text from my friend---he says it is dusty and still rough in some places

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines